Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The problem with this sort of whataboutery is that the majority of the media rightly condemned the language used. Unfortunately the Farage, Johnson and Yaxley-Lennon kind of language gets front page support from the so-called newspapers.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wait, what? 

You match up finger pointing with beheading? 

I don't know where you're able to get it fixed but your moral compass is fvcked mate. 

Its becoming a regular occurrence Stan, let us never forget Adolf ‘Social Democrat’ Hitler as well lol 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think you are correct, he will win the inevitable election quite comfortably, although not with a landslide.  He will get the part of the country who don't usually vote to do so, and so the actual views of the people will be heard for a change instead of the more liberal who more usually vote.  This could be uncomfortable for some, however you are missing the point that Boris is a centrist, not in any way to the right of the party.  Yes he would deliver Brexit, which will be fine with another now inevitable 6 months of preparation for no deal transition.  We will probably end up with a better trading relationship in the long run this way.  All his other policies though are pretty reasonable imo, and about a million miles better for the country than anything Corbyn and McDonnell have in their ****ed up brains.

Being to the centre of the Tory party is definitely not centrist.

• Haha 1

Is anyone able to summarise what was achieved for Brexit in the past 2 day because after all the hullabaloo I didn’t see a very good use of the re-opened parliament,  2 days wasted on shit slinging where it would have been shut & another 2 days closer to 31st Oct, no wonder fec all's been achieved in 3yrs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do you understand that the "deal" is a transition arrangement until our future relationship is resolved?  We have barely even started on the future bit!  

Yes, I completely understand.

What I don't understand is how anybody of sane mind would rather drop to WTO terms and think negotiating the final deal from there is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

Let’s all be honest here, we will never leave the EU. Said it the day of the referendum result, and I voted Leave. 

Just fed up of all the bullshit that keeps coming from the MPs. If it was 52/48 to remain then that would have been done and dusted, no calls for a 2nd referendum/changing the result. Most certainly will not be voting for any of the main three party’s ever again.  

There were calls on referendum day from the Leave Campaign saying that it would be “far from sorted” if remain won 52-48...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Narrow margins make for complicated affairs, especially when it’s been handled as badly as it has.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Boris Johnson ever (as strongly advised..) decides to step down now as PM, who would move the country forward with the negotiations?

Advised? No one is advising him, they are opponents not advisers.  Find me a leader who ever resigned when told to by opponents?

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Pretty pathetic rejecting a 3 day recess for the Conservative Party conference when Labour just held theirs.  I feel sorry for the hoteliers and bars and restaurants of Manchester who will no doubt lose Millions.

Shouldn't have lied to the Queen then should he?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Just to clarify my words, I didn't compare the finger pointing MP with anyone. I merely said that his finger pointing reminded me of something else. The two things are totally different. Anyway, apologies if I allowed my words to be misinterpreted. 

Bit weird that finger-pointing lends itself to IS (?!) in your mind though? 

42 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

There were calls on referendum day from the Leave Campaign saying that it would be “far from sorted” if remain won 52-48...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Narrow margins make for complicated affairs, especially when it’s been handled as badly as it has.

Genuinely can’t remember that, proves me wrong! Either way we need to get on with sorting out the real problems we face like knife crimes etc rather than them in parliament throwing their egos around. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Shouldn't have lied to the Queen then should he?

Woah, politicians shouldn't lie to the public. They do,

I feel others politicians and people who just want to use it to favour their argument are using this 'lying to the Queen' issue to point score yet all politicians lie, mislead and make false promises themselves.

Is something so important (personally I question that, i'm past it and find it all very petty and tit for tat) all the lies that have been told before not regulated with no repercussions?

He did lie, not denying that, not sticking up for him or anyone, they're all bickering idiots out for personal gain, points scoring, but can people not see the irony amongst the polticians and people using it to suit arguments and agendas themselves?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Pretty pathetic rejecting a 3 day recess for the Conservative Party conference when Labour just held theirs.  I feel sorry for the hoteliers and bars and restaurants of Manchester who will no doubt lose Millions.

Why do they need a recess? Why can't they just do it while Parliament is sitting? Labour and the Lib Dems managed it. lol 

Edit: On a more serious note, seems like karma really.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cummings-shuns-party-truce-to-prepare-for-war-hnrhdxm0s

Edited by Charl91

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Agreed

Edited by The Guvnor

13 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Advised? No one is advising him, they are opponents not advisers.  Find me a leader who ever resigned when told to by opponents?

Adolph Hitler resigned in the most emphatic way possible.

I'm not suggesting that BJ tops himself btw.

13 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Why do they need a recess? Why can't they just do it while Parliament is sitting? Labour and the Lib Dems managed it. lol 

Edit: On a more serious note, seems like karma really.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cummings-shuns-party-truce-to-prepare-for-war-hnrhdxm0s

You clearly haven't been paying attention have you?  Lib Dems and Labour both held their conferences since the Prorogation started.  Petty to block this.

19 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You clearly haven't been paying attention have you?  Lib Dems and Labour both held their conferences since the Prorogation started.  Petty to block this.

Haven't been paying attention? Prorogation never happened - that's the ruling of the courts. It's not that the prorogation has been cancelled, it literally never happened. Ergo, Lib Dems and Labour both held their conferences while parliament was sitting, and the Tories are welcome to do the same if they wish. lol  Maybe it's you who hasn't been paying attention. ;) 

And I refer you to my previous article. Tories were instructed by their puppet-master Cummings to ignore previous conventions when it came to party conferences. But now when suddenly the shoe is on other foot, and you want the 'opposing side' to accept convention, it's alright to cry foul play? Like I said - karma.

In normal circumstances I would certainly agree that it is petty to block it, but I think it's a pretty fitting punishment for illegally trying to suspend parliament. But it's also my understanding that there was a more than reasonable agreement that the Tories could have their party conference and that Parliament would only rule on non-brexit related matters during that time - such as the domestic abuse bill. That seems like a generous compromise to me, but Boris rejected that.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Genuinely can’t remember that, proves me wrong! Either way we need to get on with sorting out the real problems we face like knife crimes etc rather than them in parliament throwing their egos around. 

No biggie mate, it's consigned to 'what if' history  and the only reason I remember it is because I heard Nige say it, and obviously its become a point I've had to bring up a couple of times since :thumbup:

And yes I agree mate its became a blackhole, polarising society whilst a lot of it's ills get worse.