Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

52 minutes ago, Milo said:

I think we could do much better than any of the current lot - surely an FT Shadow(y) Cabinet would sort things out...

I'd start of with:

PM - @Alf Bentley

Deputy - @MattP

Environment @leicsmac

Rural affairs @Countryfox

Minister for fun @Izzy

Health & Social care @Crinklyfox

Minister without portfolio @Buce

Foreign Secretary @FIF

Brexit Secretary @Strokes 

Obviously we'd need to fill it out a bit more...

But I reckon we'd nail it :scarf:

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Pensions Secretary @davieG

Welsh Secretary @Finnegan

Transport @Babylon

Drugs minister @lifted*fox

Housing @StanSP

Thought @FIF could move to Education and @bovril be Foreign secretary. Cabinet reshuffle already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I think we could do much better than any of the current lot - surely an FT Shadow(y) Cabinet would sort things out...

I'd start of with:

PM - @Alf Bentley

Deputy - @MattP

Environment @leicsmac

Minister for fun @Izzy

Foreign Secretary @FIF

51 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Housing @StanSP

Thought @FIF could move to Education and @bovril be Foreign secretary. Cabinet reshuffle already.

Nice to see someone knows I'm here :ph34r:

@Countryfox could be Foreign Sec.

I do love my Housing job already however I think I could be Sports sec too! :D 

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I'd start of with:

PM - @Alf Bentley

Deputy - @MattP

Environment @leicsmac

Minister for fun @Izzy

Foreign Secretary @FIF

What a wonderful cabinet. It would be assured that me and @Strokes would engage in duplicitous meetings to try and take control of the regime. Probably dragging in @Izzy as our mouthpiece with outrageous jokes to distract.

I would genuinely love to be the deputy to @Alf Bentley in HM government though, an honour. We would probably make a better compromise on the current situation than the house would - for those who don't know us argumentative bastards met for drinks after a City game after jousting on here and found each others company very enjoyable. Two people from across the divide on almost everything smiling, laughing and engaging. I genuinely fear it's something our society may lose and I hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Milo said:

I'd start of with:

PM - @Alf Bentley

Deputy - @MattP

Environment @leicsmac

Minister for fun @Izzy

Foreign Secretary @FIF

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Transport @Babylon

@Kopfkino as Chancellor

@David Guiza as Secretary of State for Justice

@Nalis Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (I don't think we can give it to @Paddy. on just a name)

@VacamionSecretary of State for Scotland (Jocks'd love that)

@Jon the Hat Leader of the House of Lords

@Mark Leader of the House of Commons

@Voll Blau Secretary of state for DCMS

@Webbo Chief whip

@Finnaldo as Speaker

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's scary we have public figures on national TV saying there 'SHOULD' be riots?! 

Welcome to the brave new world of populist politics. What do these type of people want? A directly elected Prime Minister with virtually unfettered power, subject to the passing whims of the electorate? The whole Brexit debacle shows why direct democracy is such a bad idea.

11 hours ago, Saxondale said:

So you think a Spanish doctor who's worked and payed taxes in this country for ten years shouldn't have a say? F off mate.

It doesn’t matter what profession he/she has or how much tax they have paid.Nor does it matter how long they have lived in the UK.They are Spanish and could leave tomorrow.Yet they might have had a say in how the UK trundles on.You don’t see a problem there?

• Like 1

https://news.sky.com/story/rapper-slowthai-holds-up-fake-boris-johnson-head-on-stage-at-mercury-prize-ceremony-11814567

Has this been condemned yet? Or does this not count as inciting hatred and violence? Let's not also forget the language he used, as you're not allowed to use certain words in this day and age. Surely the police should be looking at this if words are now stirring up hatred and violence.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

7 hours ago, Milo said:

I'd start of with:

PM - @Alf Bentley

Deputy - @MattP

Environment @leicsmac

Minister for fun @Izzy

Foreign Secretary @FIF

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

Transport @Babylon

5 hours ago, MattP said:

What a wonderful cabinet. It would be assured that me and @Strokes would engage in duplicitous meetings to try and take control of the regime. Probably dragging in @Izzy as our mouthpiece with outrageous jokes to distract.

I would genuinely love to be the deputy to @Alf Bentley in HM government though, an honour. We would probably make a better compromise on the current situation than the house would - for those who don't know us argumentative bastards met for drinks after a City game after jousting on here and found each others company very enjoyable. Two people from across the divide on almost everything smiling, laughing and engaging. I genuinely fear it's something our society may lose and I hope I'm wrong.

Yep, wouldn't mind this at all, good possibilities.

Could my remit be extended to all scientific issues though, so a Science and Environment Minister, perhaps?

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's scary we have public figures on national TV saying there 'SHOULD' be riots?! 

If the decision is overturned there should absolutely be civil disorder.

It shouldn't be randomly smashing up shops though, it needs to be targeted directly at the people who caused it.

But we are still a long way from that and that sort of behaviour should always be a last resort, a nuclear option.

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

It shouldn't be randomly smashing up shops though, it needs to be targeted directly at the people who caused it.

But we are still a long way from that and that sort of behaviour should always be a last resort, a nuclear option.

Really?

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can you really imagine that that's how people will think though? 

TBH civil disobedience has been used across the board when it comes to political decisions - whether one likes or dislikes those decisions in the first place.

If I knew it would be effective I'd certainly be in favour of it to get decisions made to improve power generation and transportation methods to combat environmental changes, for instance. Obviously, however, you've got to be reasonably sure it's going to have the desired effect in the first place or it's meaningless.

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Really?

Of course. Why should these people be treated any differently to others in history who have refused to implement decisions taken by the people.

I'll stress VERY strongly again though - we are a long way from that point at the minute.

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

lol civil disobedience being supported because people disagree with a result 

Can you even read anymore? It appears not.

Implementation is the key word, not disagreement.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Can you really imagine that that's how people will think though? 

I'd imagine many will yes. 

I remember a certain person on the opppsition front bench once saying if you deny people the right to change at the ballot box all they'll be left with is bullets and bombs.

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

@MattP ‘s propoganda and spin is back!

1. Write something ridiculously inflammatory 

2. Make it sound normal and justify it with a a Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser quote.

3. Have a go at the BBC!

Mornin Matt, welcome back 😝 

Cheers mate nice to be back.

Don't worry I'll be gone again soon, getting a bit of a snowflake in my old age.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Cheers mate nice to be back.

Don't worry I'll be gone again soon, getting a bit of a snowflake in my old age.

You are one of a pool of a few on here with the capacity to raise the level of debate from a conservative (ish) corner. We’ve certainly got enough angry shit slingers - I miss your contributions that derive from your interest in politics. (Ignoring of course the aforementioned narratives of absolute hatred for Corbyn the BBC and undertones of far right nationalism lol) Having said that, there’s only a few on here from the right leaning side of the political spectrum that I’ll even entertain reading political posts from but you are certainly one of them, even if you do owe me a few device repairs from over the years!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You are one of a pool of a few on here with the capacity to raise the level of debate from a conservative (ish) corner. We’ve certainly got enough angry shit slingers - I miss your contributions that derive from your interest in politics. (Ignoring of course the aforementioned narratives of absolute hatred for Corbyn the BBC and undertones of far right nationalism lol) Having said that, there’s only a few on here from the right leaning side of the political spectrum that I’ll even entertain reading political posts from but you are certainly one of them, even if you do owe me a few device repairs from over the years!

Thanks - I feel exactly the same about you as well and always read what you write.

I know it obviously seems like it but I don't actually hate Corbyn, I certainly hate the people around him like McDonnell, Milne, Murray though and I think they are the ones pulling his strings. I think Jezza is more naive than nasty - whereas the three I mention I think are genuinely malevolent.