Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

6 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Disappointing, deflating but entirely predictable.

The amount of over-reaction from both the media & our fans was crazy after 4 games. Hubris is a dangerous quality.

Today we looked like a pretty average mid-table Premier League side.

Which is - let's face it - what we are.

Man U did too! That's why we really should have done better tbh. 

Think Rodgers had us set-up with one hand tied behind our back today. 

Genuinely think we would have bossed them if we hadn't set up so negatively.

Still think we aren't far away from finishing 6th this season, which is all the media/fans have been suggesting.

Rodgers has to take the shackles off though for that to happen

• Like 2

Reality check, play shit and get banged.  Ultimately Brendan is to blame.  Gray was awful.

Hats off to United, they really played for there manager today, they hassled, harried and made the game disjointed.

It was only time to when Soyunchu erratic defending would catch us out.  He gave away a penalty and then got ripped apart by Mata cus of it.

I've heard loads of shit that we were poor, so we're united, but united had the lead for 81 minutes, they didn't need to press and score, to be fair they matched us.

Overall, Brendan, an opportunity missed, playing to stifle with poor performing players cost us. Mctominy just hacked at Madison, we really needed Tielimens to up his game.  Ricardo, was a poor man's Amartey today.

Overall, not embarrassing, but shows we still need better management, and consistency.

• Like 2

I said before the game that we lost there last season because we showed too much respect and didn't attack with belief or conviction. Looks like we repeated the error today, which is disappointing.  Different manager, but most of the squad were the same and I would have hoped for some pre-match discussion that remembered last season and learnt from it.

Need a word on that referee as well. What an absolute disgrace of a performance from the word go. No complaints at the penalty - I mean there was no way he wasn't going to give it to them given how inept and biased he went on to be but it was a stupid challenge from Soyuncu in the first place so we can't really have any complaints. The consistency to which he favoured Man Utd was utterly pathetic. Why the hell do we not try and fight back a bit more against being shafted like that? I can take mistakes that are hard to call but I really hope someone comes out publicly slagging that absolute shower of a performance off from our end. It was up there with the most biased refereeing performance you'll see.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Disappointing, deflating but entirely predictable.

The amount of over-reaction from both the media & our fans was crazy after 4 games. Hubris is a dangerous quality.

Today we looked like a pretty average mid-table Premier League side.

Which is - let's face it - what we are.

Unfortunately it is difficult to argue against. Apart from a superb second half at Chelsea we have been extremely average in the first  6 games.

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Unfortunately it is difficult to argue against. Apart from a superb second half at Chelsea we have been extremely average in the first  6 games.

I thought we were quite good against Bournemouth.

So... Against Bournemouth and second half Chelsea.  What do those two occurrences have in common, I wonder?

These are the kind of games Rogers will be judged by, not a Bournemouth  side that played into our hands and gifted us 2 goals.

Man utd didn't show that much  going forward, but we were far too negative, and they were solid enough in  defense.

Vardy was isolated for long periods up  front.

Gray may as well have not been on the pitch.

Just like the Wolves game, we lacked a cutting edge around the box,  it was tippy-tappy at the back  and around the half-way line, and no  way around their backline, or through the middle.

It was like Puel-lite.

Two  average teams huffing and puffing settled by a very soft pen.

• Like 1

What a fantastic opportunity thrown away. Dreadful team set up again and BR still hasn't learnt the lessons from the Wolves game. We went there negatively, respecting the worst Man Utd team, ever, in the P/L instead of going there with a highly positive winning attitude and stamping our authority on the game. Far too many off their game today and I felt so sorry for Vardy. No supply and the one time he beat their defender and put in a dangerous cross there was not one LCFC player in the box. 

9 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Wake up call today. To be honest I thought we were due a bad one and they were due a good game so had a bad feeling before kick off.

I think we were getting a bit giddy too early after Bournemouth. Some over confidence and now some perspective now to be taken away. 

I'm a little confused why Rodgers is persisting with this style of isolating Vardy and Maddison when he got our creativity so right last year and also v Bournemouth. I hope he can accept it isn't working and go back to what does. 

Sometimes it's a managers ego and stubbornness that makes them keep going even though they know something doesn't work. Puel for example. 

We must get Vardy and Maddison on the ball as often as we can to create and open teams up. Still think we are short in attack. Must get an eventual Vardy replacement in Jan. Hate not having another striker on the bench. 

Unfortunately you are right and in Brendan I think we have someone much more involved with his own ego and ethos than we ever suffered with Claude. 

People may think I’m being ridiculous but I’m certain Brendan has issues with himself- his image, his approach and his coaching style and it weighs down on him greatly. He is so frightened of criticism by others that he will not allow certain things to happen. 

He has this view ( in his own mind of course) that he is some kind of football maverick and everyone loves him and it’s this love he hankers after more than the expectations and concerns people will have of his role as a Manager and coach.

The new teeth, the permatan, the younger partner. They are all signs of someone with issues with themselves or how they are seen by others. BR must learn that he is not the focus of a Saturday afternoons performance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lcfc1994_2 said:

Not happy at all, feel like Rodgers forfeited that game by showing too much respect for Untied by playing two defensive midfielders, should have played against them by playing their own game

Never will have a chance like this again at Old Trafford again to win a match

It was the constant use of 2 DMs that did it for Puel. I know he got some good results using that system but it fails more than it brings success. We just don't have enough going forward. I would much rather set up to get the best out of all our players and let other teams worry about us that is set to nullify other teams which inevitably nullifies ourselves. 

10 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Unfortunately you are right and in Brendan I think we have someone much more involved with his own ego and ethos than we ever suffered with Claude. 

People may think I’m being ridiculous but I’m certain Brendan has issues with himself- his image, his approach and his coaching style and it weighs down on him greatly. He is so frightened of criticism by others that he will not allow certain things to happen. 

He has this view ( in his own mind of course) that he is some kind of football maverick and everyone loves him and it’s this love he hankers after more than the expectations and concerns people will have of his role as a Manager and coach.

The new teeth, the permatan, the younger partner. They are all signs of someone with issues with themselves or how they are seen by others. BR must learn that he is not the focus of a Saturday afternoons performance.

I posted a few weeks ago that there was something about Rodgers I don't like but couldn't nail as to why. You've just done that for me though.

Just for clarification, that doesn't mean I want him sacked or have got it in for him or don't rate him.... I just don't find the fella likeable

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

The worrying thing is the lack of chances we are creating in Brendan’s apparent  preferred formation. Against Wolves, Sheff U and Man U we’ve clearly lacked width and our play has suffered. Chilwell isn’t overlapping as usually there isn’t anyone really near him on that side, so any play on the left simple goes back or sideways.

Any team that don’t open up will simply try and stifle us in the middle of the park. Sadly our wide players don’t seem to have much form to change it. 

• Like 1

Some seriously misjudged over reaction here. We didn’t do enough to win, but were good value for a point. We go to United are unlucky not to get a point and people decide we are massively overrated.

It was never going to be easy at United and we had a spot of bad luck with the early pen. The fact that we can go away from home to one of the top 6 and effectively control the game is actually evidence that we are on the right path. We  do lack a bit of creativity from wide areas though and I think that might ultimately hold us back from breaking the top 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

The worrying thing is the lack of chances we are creating in Brendan’s apparent  preferred formation. Against Wolves, Sheff U and Man U we’ve clearly lacked width and our play has suffered. Chilwell isn’t overlapping as usually there isn’t anyone really near him on that side, so any play on the left simple goes back or sideways.

Any team that don’t open up will simply try and stifle us in the middle of the park. Sadly our wide players don’t seem to have much form to change it. 

We’re not lacking a quality winger are we?  Good job we pay people like Todgers millions to make the right decisions on and off the pitch. I mean, as supporters how could we possibly know what the team needs, talk about it all fuching transfer window and then watch bugger all happen in the one area we actually needed quality?

what would we know?

• Like 1