Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Sorry but that’s just not correct if we were better we would have beaten them Tielemans was a piss poor second to McTominay Rashford a bigger nuisance on the day than Vardy and their central defensive pair better than ours. Why can’t some of you accept we are what we are not the new coming beats me you can’t see it we are a decent team but top six no 

I've given my reasons as to why we should have beaten them. Just read my posts.

The Man Utd team yesterday are the worst Man Utd team I've seen in the P/L.

They were there for the taking and we gifted them the match through poor negative tactics.

Top six IS there for the taking, but we'll get nowhere near if we continue to play like yesterday.

That's not because we are so great, but because the other six or seven clubs we're competing with are all going through transitional phases, are all very beatable and none are nothing that special.

3 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I've given my reasons as to why we should have beaten them. Just read my posts.

The Man Utd team yesterday are the worst Man Utd team I've seen in the P/L.

They were there for the taking and we gifted them the match through poor negative tactics.

Top six IS there for the taking, but we'll get nowhere near if we continue to play like yesterday.

That's not because we are so great, but because the other six or seven clubs we're competing with are all going through transitional phases, are all very beatable and none are nothing that special.

The Man Utd team might well be the worst in years but people have said only 5 of ours would get in their starting 11 yesterday do the math they were better 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

The Man Utd team might well be the worst in years but people have said only 5 of ours would get in their starting 11 yesterday do the math they were better 

And I said in other posts that 8 or 9 of our players would get in a combined team of yesterdays squads.

Kasper, Ricardo, Evans, Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Ndidi, plus Albrighton and Barnes from the subs bench.

I can't understand why you are looking at a very bang average Man Utd side with such rose tinted glasses? Even De Gea has been totally out of form, to the extent Spain have dropped him. Rashford has been slated recently, for both his England and Man Utd performances, as has Maguire. The rest are basically just squad players. 

Edited by ThaiFox

Maybe we just aren’t as good as we potentially believe. 

We 0-0 with a Wolves team, that are proving nothing short of awful so far. We would have lost if VAR hadn’t ruled out a goal, which 99% of us would have given last season.

We drew 1-1 with Chelsea, who have come of the back of a 4-0 drubbing against a poor Manchester United. 

We’ve beaten 15th place Sheffield United 2-1.

We beat Bournemouth 3-1, who were pretty shit on the day. VAR saved us again, as no way should Yuri not have received a red card. 

We were beaten 1-0 by the worst Manchester United team, since the early Ferguson days. 

We’ll finish somewhere between 6th and 12th for me, if we continue as we are. 

• Like 3

We were out thought and out fought yesterday and that's become a recurring teem, But that's down to attitude. Something Rogers needs to fix and fast.

Shankly God rest him sent his players out   feet Tall no matter who Liverpool played against. That's the approach you need from the Manger as he's the one that sets the tone.

Another example was Pep Gs approach to the Norwich game yesterday. He didn't take them seriously and so neither did his players. Hence they got beaten.

because they want to achieve something this season! I hope they had a heated inquest after yesterday as if they'd lost 6-0! Losing against a shite man utd side should set alarm bells ringing. I dont want to hear all the players saying they'll be upset if they dont win and there going there to win and then turn up and not look interested.  Also if they want to achieve something this year they need to train like cristiano ronaldo and dedicate there lifes to training and being fit beyond humanly possible.

I find it interesting that two or three hundred posters have pointed out the obvious about “the two DMs” killing our ability to transition to attack.  But not a single one has mentioned the five or six completed intermediate and long passes per game we got from Maguire last year.  And haven’t this year.

Last season, we beat Chelsea away with the Choudidendy midfield.  Yep, we started Choudhury, Ndidi and Mendy with Maddison pushed to the wing.  Tielemans was still riding the pine at Monaco.  Yet we squeezed off eight shots, and rode out a victory at Stamford Bridge with a midfield that would unanimously be called hopeless if Rodgers named them.

Y’all are missing something here.  So enthused to point out Harry’s positioning errors for Manure and England, are you unable to perceive this significant difference he made for us?  One that Rodgers hasn’t yet figured out how to replace.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

Defensively we were solid but there was no attacking urgency in our plays, probably as a result of the tactics and formation employed and the players selected. Hamza is a good player but he is still very defensively minded, so whenever he got the ball, he seemed to always look for a “safe” pass to make first. That is fine I suppose if he was our only DM, but he operated more up front with Ndidi playing as the second DM further back. Not his fault. But when you add Ndidi and Chilwell (who is still more defensively minded than preferred), attacking plays fell apart too quickly when the chances of defensively minded players getting the ball increased and they passed backwards or chose to wait. 

Further, Ndidi didnt have too much to do on the day, probably helped by Hamza, but that further raises the question why we needed 2 DMs? 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Maybe we just aren’t as good as we potentially believe. 

We 0-0 with a Wolves team, that are proving nothing short of awful so far. We would have lost if VAR hadn’t ruled out a goal, which 99% of us would have given last season.

We drew 1-1 with Chelsea, who have come of the back of a 4-0 drubbing against a poor Manchester United. 

We’ve beaten 15th place Sheffield United 2-1.

We beat Bournemouth 3-1, who were pretty shit on the day. VAR saved us again, as no way should Yuri not have received a red card. 

We were beaten 1-0 by the worst Manchester United team, since the early Ferguson days. 

We’ll finish somewhere between 6th and 12th for me, if we continue as we are. 

I'm afraid this is my initial conclusion as well. 

I'd love to be proved wrong with a 5 star performance against Spurs - We just moved the ball way too slow at Man U and one or two of the players let themselves and us down. 

My concern was that there didn't appear to be any belief that we were going to win and they seemed very assured. It appeared to me that OGS didn't think for a minute that we would beat them and we turned up and played like a limp lettuce. The wrong team and formation was selected, we got out muscled early on, changed things too late and then created very little when they were on the back foot and showing just how average they are. 

Extremly diappointing from the boys on Saturday and in my view not good enough for any team with aspirations of European football. 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

7 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

because they want to achieve something this season! I hope they had a heated inquest after yesterday as if they'd lost 6-0! Losing against a shite man utd side should set alarm bells ringing. I dont want to hear all the players saying they'll be upset if they dont win and there going there to win and then turn up and not look interested.  Also if they want to achieve something this year they need to train like cristiano ronaldo and dedicate there lifes to training and being fit beyond humanly possible.

Yeah, it's getting tedious to read the after match comments from players saying how annoyed/disappointed they are and how they will do better next time. Their twitter feeds are a joke for this. Maybe a bit more concentration on training and tactics and a little less on some computer game and it's ratings.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

I find it interesting that two or three hundred posters have pointed out the obvious about “the two DMs” killing our ability to transition to attack.  But not a single one has mentioned the five or six completed intermediate and long passes per game we got from Maguire last year.  And haven’t this year.

Last season, we beat Chelsea away with the Choudidendy midfield.  Yep, we started Choudhury, Ndidi and Mendy with Maddison pushed to the wing.  Tielemans was still riding the pine at Monaco.  Yet we squeezed off eight shots, and rode out a victory at Stamford Bridge with a midfield that would unanimously be called hopeless if Rodgers named them.

Y’all are missing something here.  So enthused to point out Harry’s positioning errors for Manure and England, are you unable to perceive this significant difference he made for us?  One that Rodgers hasn’t yet figured out how to replace.

Come on. Maguire ws exposed on 2 of the 3 times the ball was put near him. We should be ashamed that we didn't exploit his obvious weaknesses.

Did we have a five game period in the league under Puel with so few shots? Tielemans needs to have a word with Brendan or Vardy will start slithering.

Edited by Guest

puel claimed the ‘young’ team would continue to be inconsistent ...... that it was a trait of such a group ......Brendan hasn’t needed to make this excuse as yet but a defeat on Saturday could well see it rolled out, despite what would be consec losses to top six sides.  I’m afraid spurs look like they have found their mojo with the return of son and Eriksen staying.  

I'm not buying that yanited are so poor. Despite them having to play a lot of squad players on Saturday, how many hadn’t been away on int duty? a yanited filler is still a decent player. matic may no longer have the legs he once had but he knows where to put himself and can manage an hour, pulling some strings along the way. mata buzzes around and is still accomplished at what he does. we weren’t playing port vale. We struggled at Newcastle ffs. 

lets see see where we are come the end of October ...... hopefully it will be around the top six with the opportunity to push on and sustain that. 

we missed a chance on Saturday to lay down a marker and prevent ‘a competitor’ take 3 points off us.  We must learn from it. 

I would ask everyone to watch this. Two pundits telling us the system we will play, and to my eyes it looks great, however it didn't work for us. Is this because a) stubbornness of the manager, b) ineptitude of the players, c) we were beaten by a superior team.

Or could it be x) the players are still learning Brendan system? 

Also @stryder what's the box defence as highlighted? 

Quick side note I watched the Liverpool v Newcastle game and it took ages for Liverpool to break them down, but after pure perseverance they did, which takes hours on a training pitch to perfect. Must also add that trent aa was at some stages was crossing balls into mane who has got to be the smallest player in the pl surely. Anyway I remember thinking they remind me of us... 

Weird thing is we play 2 DMs but how often were they actually alongside each other? Hamza found himself in attacking positions at times especially in the first half and that's where we want Maddison and Tielemans to be picking up the ball.

Everyone is being crippled by Rodgers when we play with no wingers. Players out of position, even our full backs are losing out because they generally have no-one infront of them to play one-twos.

I think Rodgers wants the 3 at top to be forwards rather than wingers but for that to work you have to control in the midfield. Maddison is not a forward, he isn't dynamic or pacy enough. He is a midfielder who can pick a pass and try to dictate play. 3 forwards of Barnes, Vardy and Perez with Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi behind them. If we need to bring the extra defensive option in then that's the sub to make, not to start with.

• Like 1

Looking at the starting line up I get the feeling he's trying to put square pegs in round holes, hopefully Rodgers recognises Maddison and Tielemans are out of position... but I'm sure he does.

Desperately in need of higher quality wingers, and some sort of target man, but the options weren't there in the transfer window... let's hope January this is addressed.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We just don't seem to be quite firing at the moment, not quite sure what it is.

Obviously we have a young team, they will make errors and lack consistency at times.

I cant help feeling we seem to be quite negative in most games.

I think it's pretty obvious what it is...

A good manager earns his corn by how you start the game,  and how he changes things in game when things aren't going your way.

I was baffled with  2 DM's in front of a back four against a team without Pogba.

We never got the width, or enough  players forward quick enough  to  cause them  any  real problems.

Our best chance was from a Kaspar hoof.

Albrighton instead of Gray would've helped, but really the problem  was too negative a setup.

How many times have we been to Old trafford and had more possession than them, that we did literally nothing with.

3 shots on  target in 90 mins with  58% possession. Ugh.

Edited by Swiss_tony
  • Like 2