Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

Frustration aside, probably good for our players to get knocked down a peg. To be a top 6 team you can't dwindle and play without endeavour or ambition. I'd say considering we've now been to Chelsea and United away and on another day, could easily have ended up with 6 points, speaks volumes about our potential this season. International break of course hindered us it seems and we lacked energy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not sure if comparing Rodgers away at Old Trafford is the same as the countless Puel performances at the KP against bottom six sides.

We dominated the game. We were the better side. We should have won. As usual we came away with fuch all. Ref was a joke all match. Man Utd will finish 8th or below. OGS will not see the season out. 

1 minute ago, car1os said:

How on earth was that a penalty?!! 

I suppose thats the VAR gods trying to get some balance - to be fair, Tielemans should probably have been sent off and we were lucky against Wolves, so hopefully the next VAR decision goes for us

Feels like one of those where if it's given it won't be overturned, but if it wasn't given it wouldn't be overturned either 

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

We dominated the game. We were the better side. We should have won. As usual we came away with fuch all. Ref was a joke all match. Man Utd will finish 8th or below. OGS will not see the season out. 

Agree. We were the better side from the 20th minute onwards. Were a little lightweight going forward but if we’d just slung crosses in to Vardy as some sat next to me were ranting about, people would moan about that as well.

1 minute ago, car1os said:

How on earth was that a penalty?!! 

I suppose thats the VAR gods trying to get some balance - to be fair, Tielemans should probably have been sent off and we were lucky against Wolves, so hopefully the next VAR decision goes for us

It’s the kind of decision that doesn’t get overturned .... if it isn’t given then it doesn’t get awarded via var and if it’s given then it sticks ..... no clear error either way ......

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It’s the kind of decision that doesn’t get overturned .... if it isn’t given then it doesn’t get awarded via var and if it’s given then it sticks ..... no clear error either way ......

Soyuncu seemed a bit reckless to me. Did he need to make a challenge?

Gonna try my best to just forget about it and not let it sour my weekend. It was the perfect mix to have done so, the two weeks anticipation of a great game building to eventually watch a scummy Man U scraping by us with a tight pen, the ref making bizarre little decisions, our own frustrating lackluster performance & tactics which played into their hands, individual players not going for the throat, their two ugly midfielders slyly booting Madders & Gray whenever possible. Just not a pleasant way to spend a sunny September afternoon.

Expect alot more from quite a few of our players. We got bullied and managed out of the game by a pretty average side. We shouldnt be so low on confidence so maybe it's an age thing, with no Cambiasso/Morgan/Wasil/Huth/Fuchs to push the initiative when we need it. Hopefully we smash them on the last day of the season after figuring our things out.

James for them was probably MotM, really helped their team out as they were sat back waiting to counter. Maguire solid at set pieces which should be expected, not much space in behind either. We couldnt get through them to take shots in the box, alot of slashed and wastful hopeless shots apart from Chilly's, some from 40 yards out. Gray disappointing because he doesnt want to take men on and cant run into space against teams sat back, Maddison was hacked away at all game by Mctominay. Ndidi probably our best player with Evans not far behind. Caglar rash. Vardy nullified. Tielemans sloppy in this formation again. Think Brenny got it a little wrong changing a winning side

Disappointing day. Didn't agree with anything Rodgers did - Maddison out of position again first half, second half he looked more central and was better (ala Chelsea match).

Vardy isolated. Didn't think either full backs were good. We miss goals from midfield.

I want to see the penalty back on MOTD tonight but it was a stupid decision to rush in.

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

This to me just looks like caglar comes in from the side and takes the ball, seems an awful decision to me

Screenshot_20190914_191138_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Was a stupid decision. He's going nowhere.

Guy in front of me said it's the last thing we needed to do 10 mins in at OT which was right.

I think out of all my visits to OT we've given a pen away every second game.

After 5 games we're level on points with Spurs, Chelsea and United, and two behind Man City. That's having played Chelsea, United and faced a Wolves side that had been playing competitive football for three weeks.

We showed enough today to warrant a point if we'd have managed the first 10-20 minutes better. Spurs, Newcastle and Liverpool before the next international break and then we only have Arsenal (of the top 6 sides) in the following nine games.

If we're looking for 65-70 points this season then about 14-15 is what you'd want every 8 games. Beat Newcastle and one of those other two and, given the tough early fixtures, it's as good a start as we could have made.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Was a stupid decision. He's going nowhere.

Guy in front of me said it's the last thing we needed to do 10 mins in at OT which was right.

I think out of all my visits to OT we've given a pen away every second game.

Massively soft though in Soyunchus defence.

Still absolutely no need to make the challenge though I agree.

• Like 1