Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

We were very lacklustre today the same as we have been so far this season apart from in the 2nd half against Chelsea and Bournemouth we’ve bought into the media hype of us breaking into the top 4/6 after 4 half decent results we need a rocket up us we lack energy and intensity all over the park!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I assume the refs in Stockley Park had a look at it.

Wasn't a clear and obvious error in awarding it so wouldn't be overturned.

Let's face it we'd have been naffed off if the Wolves handball had gone against us on the opening weekend of the season.

and Tielemans could've been sent off v Bournemouth.

It was a penalty today. Move on.

Please allow me to mope. 

No booze, terrible match with both teams being shit and we didn’t go for it at all.

Gray needs binning off, Tielemans wanted an hour on the ball each time, Chilwell was shit, Pereira just as bad and Vardy anonymous.

Hopefully this is the reality check the players need after all the hype and Rodgers might finally realise that you don’t play Maddison out wide.

• Like 1

We played United away and it's a tough place to go to regardless of what the media or anyone says. We didn't play well today but still limited the number of chances they had to pretty much nothing apart from the penalty. 

If you watched the man city game they looked like a pub team today defensively, but we all know they will get back to normal. I want to see how we respond with spurs and liverpool to play on the next few games. That's the true test of our progress when we have a result like today.

• Like 1

Very dissapointed but not disheartened.

Negatives first. If we didn't learn from the Chelsea game, we should definitely now that we cannot start with N'Didi AND Choudhury. It's got to be one or the other or we nullify our attack.

Gray has taken his first step out the door imo. Simply not good enough and hasn't improved during his time here. Harvey Barnes carries so much more threat.

Failed to put in a good cross today. Albrighton and Fuchs are proven men for the big occassion and sorely missed their experience.

But hey ho! We only lost 1-0 to a very soft penalty. Otherwise United were poor and with a clinical edge and better refereering we'd have taken something from the game. 

Sometimes a team on a high needs a reality check and it's better to have realised this early in the season. 

Great away support as always and while I don't hate Maguire as such, it was entertaining dishing the dirt :whistle:lol

Edited by TK95

Wake up call today. To be honest I thought we were due a bad one and they were due a good game so had a bad feeling before kick off.

I think we were getting a bit giddy too early after Bournemouth. Some over confidence and now some perspective now to be taken away. 

I'm a little confused why Rodgers is persisting with this style of isolating Vardy and Maddison when he got our creativity so right last year and also v Bournemouth. I hope he can accept it isn't working and go back to what does. 

Sometimes it's a managers ego and stubbornness that makes them keep going even though they know something doesn't work. Puel for example. 

We must get Vardy and Maddison on the ball as often as we can to create and open teams up. Still think we are short in attack. Must get an eventual Vardy replacement in Jan. Hate not having another striker on the bench. 

Edited by Gazza M

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Wake up call today. To be honest I thought we were due a bad one and they were due a good game so had a bad feeling before kick off.

I think we were getting a bit giddy too early after Bournemouth. Some over confidence and now some perspective now to be taken away. 

I'm a little confused why Rodgers is persisting with this style of isolating Vardy and Maddison when he got our creativity so right last year and also v Bournemouth. I hope he can accept it isn't working and go back to what does. 

Sometimes it's a managers ego and stubbornness that makes them keep going even though they know something doesn't work. Puel for example. 

We must get Vardy and Maddison on the ball as often as we can to create and open teams up. Still think we are short in attack. Must get an eventual Vardy replacement in Jan. Hate not having another striker on the bench. 

The wake up call should have been playing a similar system with almost the same personal in the same positions against a second string Newcastle and it not working. I thought that had prompted the changes v Bournemouth and we were moving on but I guess not.

We've just become a bit of a 'nothingy' side the past couple of years. Obviously the way we won the title wasn't completely sustainable but at least we had a clear identity. At times we play some beautiful stuff but I can't remember the last time we played a quality 90 minutes of football

• Like 2

We have good young players, but no flair players if you ask me... it’s hard to replace Maher’s obviously but since he’s gone we don’t have anyone who can just produce something from nothing or try something different. 

Just find our side too predictable and robotic. When a game is tight you sometimes need some magic...

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We didn't even put a striker up with Vardy towards the end. Tactics all seem to evolve around moving the midfielders around. 

We messed up not signing a quality winger. 

All i wanted this summer was Tielemans signed up and the best winger we could get, I was unsure of Perez before we signed him and even more so now.

We've made the cardinal sin of not improving the first XI this summer. At the end of last season we had a superb side of nine players and the two places that could really be improved was the two wingers. Maddison and Tielemans looked like world beaters in a 4-1-4-1. I would have been happy enough to sign one winger and let Barnes, Albrighton and Gray compete for that last spot. Barnes has huge potential and Albrighton is super reliable. We've failed to get in that one winger who could have moved us on and instead got Perez who is a bits and pieces player. 

For all this hype about Rodgers implementing cutting edge tactics and fine tuning team dynamics I'm bamboozled to still find us hitting crosses in the box without no thought or anybody seemingly on the same wavelength. Cross after cross went in with out the crosser looking up or a player to be seen in the box, pretty amateur stuff and something I remember from the Puel era. 

It was summed up when Kasper went up for a corner and we played the same crap short corner (that we seemed to do with every corner today) and we were lucky not to be caught out. I mean if you bring your keeper up surely you take a direct corner? I don't even thing Madders even knew Kasper was there! A complete shambles. 

I'm afraid it appeared that the players were all reading different scripts today. 

As for the goal, we got what we deserved if you go sliding/lunging in the box, school boy defending. 

Special mention for Chilwell who I thought was once again dreadful today and I really do think I'd prefer Fuchs in for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller said:

I assume Rogers realises:

Grey was poor 

Vardy needed more and quicker service 

Soyuncu is still learning 

Two CDMs don't suit us

If he does, we’re ok

if he doesn’t, we will struggle at times

Gray was really poor but so was Chilwell.

It was not our day today, quite a few players not up to standard and the negative tactics didn't help us one bit.  

A lot of the ball but created next to nothing. Would of personally like of seen Praet for either Wilf or Hamza. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just don't get how you can emphasise on the mentality you need when you go to places like this and turn up with such an abject lack of ambition from the off.

If we'd gone there and played the XI against Bournemouth and lost it I'd be less annoyed, but we changed ourselves to do for a team that frankly are as there for the taking as they will ever be with their appalling form and number of injuries already. We could've been a lot more ambitious today.

We've still not totally sorted the slow starts either really. I don't think we've opened a game well all season.

It's not like they were even good. They were every bit as shit as I thought they'd be. We just once again failed to pounce on it.

My faith in us has taken a significant hit today. Absolute toss.

Agree with this.

Losing to Arsenal last season at the Emirates you could at least deal with given how rampant they were in the second half and with Man City we tried to contain them as much we could for 70 minutes. Even against Spurs we were a tad unlucky.

Man U were nowhere near those levels today. Hugely disappointing. A great chance to lay down a marker and we didn't get going at all.

Can only hope there's a response against Spurs but that was a bit deflating today.

Edited by Blue ROI

I knew as soon as I saw the line-up and formation with those players, that we would struggle to score today.

Is this the 3rd or 4th time Rodgers has tried starting with two DCM's? It simply does not work! Neither Choudary or N'didi are capable of bringing the ball out from the back and neither have a good enough passing range to get the ball forward into the areas we need it, quickly! This has been painfully obvious since the very first 20minutes Rodgers tried it at Wolves. The fact he keeps going back to it, is concerning! 

That alone is hard to forgive, but again pushing Maddison out wide, is such a waste of the Premier League's most creative player. He is at his best in the space behind Vardy. I have no idea why anyone would think any different.

I really hope this is the last time Rodgers makes these same errors, otherwise you have to start questioning how good he really is, if he can't see the big flaws in setting up like that after 3/4 attempts! I still have a lot of faith in him though and definitely still back this squad to do something special this season, whether in the cup or troubling the top 6. 

I really hope we haven't got another stubbornly, rigid Manager on our hands. Two DCM's and Maddison out wide does not work. Let's not see it again please Brendan! 

• Like 2

Disappointing, deflating but entirely predictable.

The amount of over-reaction from both the media & our fans was crazy after 4 games. Hubris is a dangerous quality.

Today we looked like a pretty average mid-table Premier League side.

Which is - let's face it - what we are.

• Like 4