Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Seeing Norwich being able to beat Manchester City makes this result even more disappointing. I'm a bit bitter about it.

I feel i'm going abit mad over this point but as far as i'm concerned it's a simple as this - The difference was the style of football.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Seeing Norwich being able to beat Manchester City makes this result even more disappointing. I'm a bit bitter about it.

I agree completely. Very very disappointed and we did not take the opportunity presented. Typical Leicester. Lots of wonderful excuses for not doing it ........ really annoyed

Edited by TheStig

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Soft, yes.  No need, yes.  But why isn't VAR used to review the decision?  

Seems a plain and obvious use for VAR there but instead it's used to determine microscopic offsides.  

Had that gone to VAR, chances are it would have been overturned.  Soft decisions should be outlawed now that VAR is used.

It wouldn't have been overturned, remember where this was being played.

Man u were there for the taking today, And we came away with nothing, And that was down to Rodgers! He got it completely wrong. Gray was awful! Riccardo had a shocking game and what's happened to Chilwell? He just stops and passes back or sideways, just no urgency to bomb down the wing like we've seen in the past. So glad Maguire didn't score. 

The highlight of my day is seeing best part of Old Trafford in the services 40 miles plus away from Old Trafford and seeing the Leicestershire Red Devils in their minibus. Found it quite amusing! 

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Seems a plain and obvious use for VAR there but instead it's used to determine microscopic offsides.  

Had that gone to VAR, chances are it would have been overturned.  Soft decisions should be outlawed now that VAR is used.

Because its bloody MUFC - thats why!!

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It wouldn’t have been overturned. VAR at the moment is protecting referees as seen by the numerous errors last matchday. 

Man U and West Ham have had very valid claims for penalties turned down by VAR. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I feel i'm going abit mad over this point but as far as i'm concerned it's a simple as this - The difference was the style of football.

Norwich players put 100% into the game too, I don't think our players are as desperate or determined to win.

Edited by lgfualol

Manchester were a poor to average team and we lost to them.

I cannot get my head around that.

They were there for the taking and we were lethargic and unenterprising.

I am going to have a long depressing week following that game.

Thanks LCFC

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Manchester were a poor to average team and we lost to them.

I cannot get my head around that.

They were there for the taking and we were lethargic and unenterprising.

I am going to have a long depressing week following that game.

Thanks LCFC

I read that as long depressing wank.

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They seemed to use VAR briefly to me, not for a full review, And there’s a difference between soft and clear and obvious. And they seem to be sticking to the very clear and obvious consistently across all prem leagues atm, which is fine with me as long as it stays consistent.

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Norwich players put 100% into the game too, I don't think our players are as desperate or determined to win.

Agreed, players need to look at themselves.

However i'm gonna kind of stick up for them whilst going over old ground - Under Puel, I staunchly made the point they were probably pissed off with the style they were being instructed to play, whilst i'm glad we have Rodgers and we are improved under him the style is similar, not much has changed in that regard, we're still passing sideway and backwards far, far, far too much and they're probably thinking we were such a good attacking team, had fight, got into fights, pressured, why are we playing in such a negative, soaking up style, struggling to break teams down in an ineffective way.

I think it goes without saying playing in the style of keeping the ball, soaking it up, struggling to break teams down they're not gonna look as desperate, determined, up for a fight or digging in for the win.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, I've given myself a couple of hours to thunk clearly and I still can't see the game through something resembling an objective lens. McTominay was good I thought, even if the bastard should have been carded for all those fouls. Maddison was the least shit of a poor bunch of attacking mids. Brendan should have sent Gray packing this summer. Hamza was ok. Ndidi was ok. Soy was ok. Evans was good. Ricardo had his first bad game for us in months. Chilwell was also surprisingly poor. Tielemans was largely ineffective most of the game, which makes 4/5 games so far. Vardy did what he could.

I can't believe that the invisible man Rashford, with two of his four touches the whole game, won and scored a penalty. Praet should get a look in imo. I really want to see Barnes play through the middle as well. 

That's everything off my chest, I think. Hopefully that finally kills off the last of the Gray apologists as well. Nice lad, just not good enough to start for us. Should have been subbed on '45

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, I've given myself a couple of hours to thunk clearly and I still can't see the game through something resembling an objective lens. McTominay was good I thought, even if the bastard should have been carded for all those fouls. Maddison was the least shit of a poor bunch of attacking mids. Brendan should have sent Gray packing this summer. Hamza was ok. Ndidi was ok. Soy was ok. Evans was good. Ricardo had his first bad game for us in months. Chilwell was also surprisingly poor. Tielemans was largely ineffective most of the game, which makes 4/5 games so far. Vardy did what he could.

I can't believe that the invisible man Rashford, with two of his four touches the whole game, won and scored a penalty. Praet should get a look in imo. I really want to see Barnes play through the middle as well. 

That's everything off my chest, I think. Hopefully that finally kills off the last of the Gray apologists as well. Nice lad, just not good enough to start for us. Should have been subbed on '45

Spot on.

Grey is no different to Ghezzel. 

Ghezzel got hammered by this forum for some of his performances. We’ve now seen enough to basically send him packing to the Championship / Scotland.

• Like 1

So annoyed with the result today.  Utd were there for the taking and we could have put a real marker down.  But we line up with two defensive midfielders in a system that doesn't work.

We look good with Tielemans and Madders in the middle and we cause everyone problems.  I don't understand why we would show so much respect to Utd in the current circumstances.

BR was too complimentary of them during the build up in my opinion.  Every chance he got he was saying that Utd are massive, it's always a challenge, we haven't won there in 21 years blah blah blah. There would have been no problems with saying something about Utd are a great club with an amazing history.  It's always a pleasure to play there, we expect it to be tough but we want to win.

I thought there were three key factors which cost us.

The first concerned poor performances by a few players who we'd expect to do better. I've seen a few people praising the full backs but having re-watched the game my initial opinion, that they were both very disappointing, is definitely upheld. Pereira barely won a 50-50 all game, was constantly exposed, was left flat-footed on half a dozen occasions. Chilwell was poorer than Fuchs. And as for the CBs, we can moan about the penalty but I doubt we'll get much backing in that quarter. Soyuncu, who otherwise did okay, gave the ref an unnecessary decision to make, and in truth he probably made the right call.

The second was the first of two big gambles by Rodgers: to go with two defensive CMs. As with the past few occasions, it impeded Tielemans, Vardy, to a degree Maddison. I'm not quite sure why this has become such a central feature of our season thus far. It marginalises too many of our threats.

The third was the decision to play Gray. Now you could blame Gray for being sub-standard, but the sorry truth is that he's been sub-standard fairly consistently when he's started games, and to get in ahead of Barnes, Albrighton and Perez represents a big, big call on the part of the manager. Predictably, it didn't work out. A 10 year old could have figured that one out. This wasn't the game to make that sort of gamble.

On top of that, personally I'm not sure our players are particularly adept at the sort of build-up play that we're intent on. The pattern seems to be to work yourself into a position, just inside the opposition half, where you should be looking for a positive ball, but instead to turn back either because of a desire to hang on to the ball, or because of a lack of options. More often than not it ends up with a long, hopeful ball forward, only with 9 or 10 extraneous passes in the lead-up to it.

But all told, I'm afraid I have to say that this was a game where we had every chance of competing for points, but in which we were severely undermined by a couple of brain-waves on the part of a manager who has clearly over-thought this match, and who hasn't paid enough attention to the flaws of a tactical approach which has been fruitless in both pre-season, and the season itself.

And I sincerely hope that the signing of Praet wasn't with a mind to facilitate this system. Because I don't think the system will last long. And the manager doesn't seem to fancy him in it anyway.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 4

OUT - Soyuncu his defense behavior is ridiculous and his reaction time is too slow for the Premier League

OUT - Chilwell his skills are ridiculous, his crosses anyway

OUT - Gray he's too bad for the championship

IN     - Wes

IN     - Fuchsy

IN     - Marc

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Sly said:

Which one? Ole or Harry. It could be either.

Yeah I really didn't get his comment here? Usually when someone misses a club they would do everything in their power to try and impress them, if you didn't miss them then really you wouldn't give 2 shites about how you play.... So he's saying that he was crap today? What a strange comment to make