Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We’re not lacking a quality winger are we?  Good job we pay people like Todgers millions to make the right decisions on and off the pitch. I mean, as supporters how could we possibly know what the team needs, talk about it all fuching transfer window and then watch bugger all happen in the one area we actually needed quality?

what would we know?

This. 

It's as clear as Albrighton's nose on his face! 

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

Unfortunately you are right and in Brendan I think we have someone much more involved with his own ego and ethos than we ever suffered with Claude. 

People may think I’m being ridiculous but I’m certain Brendan has issues with himself- his image, his approach and his coaching style and it weighs down on him greatly. He is so frightened of criticism by others that he will not allow certain things to happen. 

He has this view ( in his own mind of course) that he is some kind of football maverick and everyone loves him and it’s this love he hankers after more than the expectations and concerns people will have of his role as a Manager and coach.

The new teeth, the permatan, the younger partner. They are all signs of someone with issues with themselves or how they are seen by others. BR must learn that he is not the focus of a Saturday afternoons performance.

Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t give a flying Christian Fuchs who his partner is, what colour his teeth are and the grading of his tan. It’s all irrelevant.

He has confidence in himself, but so did Pearson, so does Guardiola, so does any of the top managers.

If he was that bothered about pleasing people and playing to the crowd he wouldn’t have played it so cautiously yesterday.

33 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We’re not lacking a quality winger are we?  Good job we pay people like Todgers millions to make the right decisions on and off the pitch. I mean, as supporters how could we possibly know what the team needs, talk about it all fuching transfer window and then watch bugger all happen in the one area we actually needed quality?

what would we know?

We have spoke of it since mahrez left and we still haven’t replaced

After the end of the season the 4141 system literally only needed a world class winger but then we change the whole thing and look crap again.

Edited by les-tah

12 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

If he had gone all gung ho against them and we had been on the end of an hammering, I’m sure you lot on here who are moaning about a bit of caution against a better midfield on the day would be saying fair play Brendan you gave it a good crack mate 

I have a friend who’s been a season ticket holder for a very long time at United. He said that, that 11 they fielded is one of the worse teams he can remember them fielding for a very long time. With aspirations of top six, we should have gone for them...... and beaten them. 

• Like 4

Few bits from me

It's not the 2 DMs that is the problem with that system, particularly when going away to top 6 clubs. Its that we aren't playing a good combination of players in front of them. You will never get an effective performance out of Tielemans and Maddison setting up like that and it takes a lot out of our side. What that setup does is tries to do everything and ends up doing nothing. Need to bin it asap. I'm sure we can field a good line-up with the players at our disposal that includes 2 DMs but that ain't it.

Style of play - the sheer volume and regularity with which our players refuse to take their opposite numbers on, play early passes or make forward runs leave little option but to conclude this is what they are being instructed to do. This is quite a shame and a pretty big limiter on us, especially after Bournemouth. It's bad for our creativity, slow, ponderous and repetitive, and it's bad for Vardy to boot.

Gray - shite. No idea why he was picked. Need to man up and get rid.

Atkinson - awful. Would complain about the penalty but whether it's a foul or not, when you give a referee the opportunity to give it at a place like OT, they will give it. So you have to be smarter than that. But after that he gave them everything. I was especially concerned to see him allow us to play on when James went down feigning injury, until he saw we'd got the ball through to Maddison and Vardy in space in their half with their defence exposed, at which point he stopped us. I can see no explanation for that decision, it wasn't a head injury and we were under no obligation to stop.

I didn't expect to win by any means but we fluffed our lines yesterday - a bad result was always coming with that setup we've been playing. But it's frustrating that the reporting will all be about Man United and will neglect the fact that we picked a bad team, played badly and still largely dominated the game and that a draw probably would have been fair.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2

Turned up reading the local traffic signs "the race for 6th" thinking that's good banter, should be a good game. When it was actually very frustrating to watch. We had little spells where I thought we can get at these, but we flattered to deceive. Ricardo's poorest game in a city shirt for me. He didn't go hiding though, it just wasn't his day. Chillwell, shot aside, looked like the Sunday league bloke that turns up five mins before kick off with a fag and still hungover not an England International . Some clumsy challenges, that had Atkinson been decent could have booked him for. On the subject of Atkinson, its always a seen as a moan when you blame the ref but he was garbage. No he was a bell end. Had anything had kicked off earlier in the game he'd have lost control. It wasn't a feisty game but he let too many clumsy challenges go from both teams.

Gray was poor and found wanting but at least he tried, just poor decision making and you can see why he's not been in the team. Most of the others seemed happy to go back to Puel "keep possession" mode. Which surprisingly we had the majority of at OT but didn't create anything with it. Utd were no better and the fact they sat back most of second half, at home, against us shows how far they have fallen. Their fans cheering a result & performance like that at the end ? Wtf!!

Didn't seem Rashford all second half. A Sir Alex side would have put us to the sword. Love Youri but he didn't really get into the game  Both keepers a couple of saves each, that's all. No one took wan basaka on all match. Every player that faced him checked and either came inside or passed back. Even Vards had a chance to knock the ball past Harry into space and run him, decided to take him on with the ball at his feet instead. Biased Match of the day highlights made utd look great and didn't even show Madders free kick. 

Yes we had effort, but had we have had more intent, they were there to be got at. Poor set up and tactics from Rogers and the players.

Perhaps not enough time after international break to work with them?

Yes, Frustrating and opportunity lost to put down a marker. Race for 6th??? 

So much for the traffic signs :ph34r:

Edited by woddyuk

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I have a friend who’s been a season ticket holder for a very long time at United. He said that, that 11 they fielded is one of the worse teams he can remember them fielding for a very long time. With aspirations of top six, we should have gone for them...... and beaten them. 

But if we are being honest how many of our team would get in their starting 11 yesterday?

48 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t give a flying Christian Fuchs who his partner is, what colour his teeth are and the grading of his tan. It’s all irrelevant.

He has confidence in himself, but so did Pearson, so does Guardiola, so does any of the top managers.

If he was that bothered about pleasing people and playing to the crowd he wouldn’t have played it so cautiously yesterday.

That’s the problem though, he isn’t and doesn’t do any of those because of the inherent fear he has of personal criticism of his abilities.

if he could draw every game, he would because that would be the perfect balance for his very complicated mind.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

If he had gone all gung ho against them and we had been on the end of an hammering, I’m sure you lot on here who are moaning about a bit of caution against a better midfield on the day would be saying fair play Brendan you gave it a good crack mate 

That would also have happened no question.

Man U were bang average but we never laid a glove on them. 

I would say that if there was a game to go for it against one of the so called top 6 then yesterday would have ticked that box. It's not as if we were playing their neghbours,

Even a point would have a good result. Another loss next weekend could stall us gaining momentum.

48 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

We went their with far too much respect and failed to impose a positive game on them. This was because BR set us up so negatively and it fed through to the players.

Man Utd were there for the taking. They are out of form, lack confidence, have a stack of injuries, an out of depth manager, no creativity, and no world class players.

21 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

But if we are being honest how many of our team would get in their starting 11 yesterday?

I would pick all our players over that Man Utd line up. They are nothing but a bang average side, and the worst P/L Man Utd team I've ever seen.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Need a word on that referee as well. What an absolute disgrace of a performance from the word go. No complaints at the penalty - I mean there was no way he wasn't going to give it to them given how inept and biased he went on to be but it was a stupid challenge from Soyuncu in the first place so we can't really have any complaints. The consistency to which he favoured Man Utd was utterly pathetic. Why the hell do we not try and fight back a bit more against being shafted like that? I can take mistakes that are hard to call but I really hope someone comes out publicly slagging that absolute shower of a performance off from our end. It was up there with the most biased refereeing performance you'll see.

:appl:Totally agree about Atkinson. They dived several times and got away with it.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Their’s? Caglar for Lindleoff, Chilly for Young, N’didi for Matic, Maddison for Pirera and Vardy for Rashford...... they are awful and yesterday most PL teams would have beaten them. We were cautious against a side that we really didn’t need to. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Bullshlt.

We looked average because of the way we were set up, period.  We have the players to be a Top 6 side.  The manager chooses to approach games as if we're Burnley.

Agree that the formation/team selection was disappointing. Cautious and ineffective.

But it's the players' form that worries me.- too many touches, too many safe passes, poor movement and bad decisions. The  things associated with a lack of confidence. 

Personally I think this comes from all the hype taking the edge off. Football's largely played in the head, and it seems ours have been turned a bit..,

Harvey has to start against Spurs and Madders has to be the No 10. And someone needs to have a word with Youri...

2 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Agree that the formation/team selection was disappointing. Cautious and ineffective.

But it's the players' form that worries me.- too many touches, too many safe passes, poor movement and bad decisions. The  things associated with a lack of confidence. 

Personally I think this comes from all the hype taking the edge off. Football's largely played in the head, and it seems ours have been turned a bit..,

Harvey has to start against Spurs and Madders has to be the No 10. And someone needs to have a word with Youri...

I’m worried about the performance too.  There was no edge,  no sign that the players saw this as a statement match, a chance to announce our arrival.  But I think that starts with the tentative and illogical team setup.

Youri is fine - Rodgers is the one who needs a talking to.  On the rare occasions he and Maddison have been played in their natural positions they’ve performed well.

• Like 2

Some of us need as special dose of reality ( fif ) among many others we are not the 3rd , 4th, 5th, 6th best team in the league we might be 7th or around there but the reason Maddison didn’t score was because their keeper is world class and the reason they got a penalty is because Soyuncu is not Maguire yet fine lines but that was the difference so stop bellyaching like big girls we are a work in progress and as one genius said earlier 5 out of 11 would have got in their starting 11 which means 6 wouldn’t so they were slightly better 

• Like 1

Didn’t watch the entire game so only going off what I’ve read/seen.

For me personally, as long as I’ve been following Leicester we’ve always been a much better side when we set up to attack the opposition and really have a pop. That may result in a win, loss or draw but the performance is normally better when we try and play on the front foot on and off the ball. As soon as I saw Hamza, Wilf and Youri playing together yesterday I was disappointed. Would’ve loved us to go there with an attacking 4231 style formation with Maddison in the 10 and only one of Ndidi or Choudury with Tielemans in the holding positions. Seemed needlessly defensive and lethargic right from the off.

Although he didn’t play well (supposedly) I’m glad Gray got a start. Important that players know that training well and working hard will see rewards. We’re beginning to get a reputation for trusting young players if they have the graft and talent so I had no issue with him starting. 

1 game doesn’t reflect a whole season. Disappointing but we go again. 

2 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Some of us need as special dose of reality ( fif ) among many others we are not the 3rd , 4th, 5th, 6th best team in the league we might be 7th or around there but the reason Maddison didn’t score was because their keeper is world class and the reason they got a penalty is because Soyuncu is not Maguire yet fine lines but that was the difference so stop bellyaching like big girls we are a work in progress and as one genius said earlier 5 out of 11 would have got in their starting 11 which means 6 wouldn’t so they were slightly better 

We are in a mini league of around 6 clubs. Man City and Liverpool are both a class above the rest. Then there are around 7 others, Spuds, Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and us.

With our squad I see us finishing around 6th position at worst. That's not being unrealistic, and it's certainly achievable. 

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd are all in transitional phases. They are all very beatable. So are Spuds, Everton & West Ham.

But we wont get anywhere if we go into matches showing we are scared of these type of teams. They should be scared of us. We almost gifted Man Utd yesterday's match because we were so negative in our set up. We should have imposed ourselves with intent from the start, but we let them gain confidence and gifted them the game.

The 11 we played should have been better than the 11, mostly average players, Man Utd put out yesterday. They were there for the taking and we had a pathetic TWO shots on target all match. Far too much sideways and backward passing instead of incisive fast movement, no support or supply for Vardy, Maddison on the left wing, and far too many players were poor. 

Those facts are down to BR. He set us up negatively and it filtered through to the players. It's a disturbing pattern.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

We are in a mini league of around 6 clubs. Man City and Liverpool are both a class above the rest. Then there are around 7 others, Spuds, Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and us.

With our squad I see us finishing around 6th position at worst. That's not being unrealistic, and it's certainly achievable. 

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd are all in transitional phases. They are all very beatable. So are Spuds, Everton & West Ham.

But we wont get anywhere if we go into matches showing we are scared of these type of teams. They should be scared of us. We almost gifted Man Utd yesterday's match because we were so negative in our set up. We should have imposed ourselves with intent from the start, but we let them gain confidence and gifted them the game.

The 11 we played should have been better than the 11, mostly average players, Man Utd put out yesterday. They were there for the taking and we had a pathetic TWO shots on target all match. Far too much sideways and backward passing instead of incisive fast movement, no support or supply for Vardy, Maddison on the left wing, and far too many players were poor. 

Those facts are down to BR. He set us up negatively and it filtered through to the players. It's a disturbing pattern.

Sorry but that’s just not correct if we were better we would have beaten them Tielemans was a piss poor second to McTominay Rashford a bigger nuisance on the day than Vardy and their central defensive pair better than ours. Why can’t some of you accept we are what we are not the new coming beats me you can’t see it we are a decent team but top six no