Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

19 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Blummin Saffers.

Whilst England have had to overcome giants of the game in Australia and New Zealand, the South Africans have had an easier  route to the final against lesser opponents like Japan and Wales.

I wouldn't call Wales a lesser opponent. And Japan were the hosts and flying. Obviously the All Blacks was a major scalp for England but Australia aren't the same force this year. 

Just now, srex9 said:

I wouldn't call Wales a lesser opponent. And Japan were the hosts and flying. Obviously the All Blacks was a major scalp for England but Australia aren't the same force this year. 

lol

I was fishing...

• Haha 1

Just a reminder of a couple of facts for you before the final - 

No team has ever won the Rugby Championship and the World Cup in the same year (South Africa reigning champions.)

No team has ever won the World Cup having lost a group game (NZL 23 - 13 RSA.)

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just a reminder of a couple of facts for you before the final - 

No team has ever won the Rugby Championship and the World Cup in the same year (South Africa reigning champions.)

No team has ever won the World Cup having lost a group game (NZL 23 - 13 RSA.)

Time for the ever obliging England to step up 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Whats the deal with Gatland and Eddie Jones having it at each other in the press?

Gats, Eddie and Hansen are all mates. They're mostly just on the wind up. 

To be honest, I won't really miss it when Eddie and Gats are gone. I don't think it represents us all that well, it's shit Banter Lad level immature mostly. Some of it is tongue in cheek but I also think there's times they imagine themselves to be a lot more cerebral than they are. 

Like they think it's clever mind games when it's just transparent rubbish. Eddie doing the usual "oh all the pressure is on the All Blacks!" stuff as if the pressure isn't on literally everyone in a world cup semi or Gats pretending he wants the roof open when it's blatant we want it closed. 

Eddie tends to be the most ill spirited of the three of them but they all largely give as much as they get. 

The other argument sometimes is the whole deflection thing, like they're making a spectacle of themselves to avoid talking too much about the team but - again - it doesn't entirely wash with me because I'm pretty convinced all three of them like the attention and revel in some perceived image of being entertaining or mischievous for the press. 

It's all just really budget Ferguson stuff. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Interesting call to give Garces the final after a below par performance in the Wales vs SA semi. Seems that Nigel Owens has a minor injury that may have cost him the gig.

Garces was appalling in the semi to be honest. 

Not particularly against us, just in general, for both teams. 

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Garces was appalling in the semi to be honest. 

Not particularly against us, just in general, for both teams. 

Even I noticed him missing a fair few things. 

Crazy that a ref having had an appalling semi final is given the final of the world cup

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even I noticed him missing a fair few things. 

Crazy that a ref having had an appalling semi final is given the final of the world cup

He's considered one of the best three or four in the world along with Nige, Barnes and Peyper. The latter two can't do it and if you've read Nige has an injury that'll be why. 

They might have decided on Garces before the results of the semis though tbf given France weren't involved.