Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Who’re the commentators for the Man Utd v Wolves game? I’ve just had to mute my TV so I don’t have to listen to them. One of them has the most annoying accent I’ve heard in a long time (and I’m from Leeds). 

McManaman?

Can't remember the main commentator's name.

39 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Who’re the commentators for the Man Utd v Wolves game? I’ve just had to mute my TV so I don’t have to listen to them. One of them has the most annoying accent I’ve heard in a long time (and I’m from Leeds). 

33 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seriously awful lead commentator (has he done the boxing before?) and Mcmanaman alongside just tops it. 

Makes me long for a combo of Jonathan Pearce and Martin Keown. 

It's Paul Dempsey, who actually spent a lot of his formative years growing up in Leicester, so God only knows how he got that accent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dempsey_(presenter)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The commentator genuinely asked why there needed to be such a forensic examination after the goal. I'm imagining because on real-time viewing Mata could have been offside lol 

I’m pretty sure it was the media that forced var into the prem. they were the ones demanding clarity for the tv audiences.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The commentator genuinely asked why there needed to be such a forensic examination after the goal. I'm imagining because on real-time viewing Mata could have been offside lol 

And they actually didn't take much time to make the decision at all

Quite a dull match so far ...."oops there’s a goal 😱.  Was gonna say neither team playing with any great urgency  and then big Harry steps in hoofs one up the line that leads to a goal....Must say I’m impressed again by Utd’s young left back Brandon Williams....good at defending and going forward and tenacious as well....thought he was their best player the other week in league cup semi against Man City as well. Still only 19 but could be challenging Ben for that spot in England set up soon 

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Must have mixed that up with the FA Cup then.

Newcastle found out the hard way how fixture pile up is killing them (at the expense of us). The whole season needs to be planned better to ensure that worst case scenarios are dealt with. No team should play 3 games in a week at any point.

The Newcastle situation is interesting, as I think it’s more to do with Steve Bruce and his training methods.

Do a bit of research and look at his past, this happens everywhere he goes. For some reason he has an inability to manage players and their fitness.

Any changes to the League or FA Cup would be done to benefit any teams playing in Europe at the expense of teams lower down the pyramid.

If the Clubs, Premier League and UEFA we’re serious about player welfare they’d revert the Europa League back to a knock out competition, reduce the number of teams in CL this freeing up more midweek dates for league and cup and clubs not having to play 2/3 games per week, when European competition isn’t happening.

But hey, that would affect their money in, which at the end of the day is all they care about.

Replays should definitely be banned. 90 mins then penalties only. If you're worried about lower league teams losing a big payday, then make it so that the team that is in the lower league automatically plays every tie at home. The bigger teams in England may not like it, but if they want their players to play less football then that's the concession they'll have to make. 

Either that or just bin the League Cup, and spread the other fixtures out a bit more. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Replays should definitely be banned. 90 mins then penalties only. If you're worried about lower league teams losing a big payday, then make it so that any team who is League One or lower automatically plays every tie at home. 

So that none of them have the chance to make any money instead? Yeah, makes sense... lol