Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

3 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Cov v Birmingham, Birmingham away but at home!! 😂😂, how odd will that be

On the subject of quirky stadium draws, it reminded me of when Inter played AC Milan in the champions league semi final years ago (2 legs at the San Siro of course).... and lost on away goals.

On 07/01/2020 at 01:02, lestajigs said:

Cov v Birmingham, Birmingham away but at home!! 😂😂, how odd will that be

Using the away changing rooms, the fans going in the away end.

Imagine if it went to a replay as well! May as well just say each fanbase gets half the ground and we play ET and penalties if drawing, no point adding another fixture that is in the same place.

Tranmere v Watford replay is now on Thurs 23rd. Given Watford play Villa on the Tuesday, I can see them playing a reserve team. It won't be an easy decision for Micky Mellon regarding team selection either, given their position in League 1. Win, and they play at home v Wolves/Man Utd on the following Sunday. Lose and they play at Blackpool on Saturday.

Just now, Walkers said:

Great choice for a TV game

Magic of the FA Cup LIVE on the BBC, lets show a top 6 side at home to a poor Championship side. The heck would you not show Tranmere/Watford? Even Newcastle/Rochdale

yeah but if  'boro were doing a job on spurs then this place would be looking very smug and we would all be grateful to the BBC

43 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Tranmere v Watford replay is now on Thurs 23rd. Given Watford play Villa on the Tuesday, I can see them playing a reserve team. It won't be an easy decision for Micky Mellon regarding team selection either, given their position in League 1. Win, and they play at home v Wolves/Man Utd on the following Sunday. Lose and they play at Blackpool on Saturday.

It's time they scrapped all replays, certainly from Round 3 onwards.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Pathetic dive from Lo Celso. Should be booked.

It wasn't a dive. He got obstructed (not enough for a penalty, mind). He just chose to grab the wrong part of his body. He got hit in the chest and grabbed his face lol 

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Couldn't they have just played it on Saturday 25th and then rearranged the fifth round tie for a later day?

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good result for Cov again, Robins continuing to do so well there, but the fact they’ve now got Birmingham is funny. Even more so if it ends a draw.

Know what you mean, but it's quite sad as well (despite being Leicester's, geographically, closest rivals).

Their owners have been poor ever since they moved to The Ricoh Arena, whilst we've achieved a lot of success. It could've been us in their shoes, if things didn't go our way in terms of club leadership.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well Tranmere/Watford has been postponed and Newcastle are already 3-0 up on Rochdale.

Both things that weren't known when the TV games were picked, no? I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Newcastle screwed up tonight. Spurs losing at home to Middlesbrough however

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Know what you mean, but it's quite sad as well (despite being Leicester's, geographically, closest rivals).

Their owners have been poor ever since they moved to The Ricoh Arena, whilst we've achieved a lot of success. It could've been us in their shoes, if things didn't go our way in terms of club leadership.

The running of Coventry has been exceptionally poor and ironically their true demise came as we started to slowly turn our own fortunes around. I can't feel sorry for them though. I have too many memories of their fans being so incredibly hostile towards us that it just isnt possible. 

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Both things that weren't known when the TV games were picked, no? I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Newcastle screwed up tonight. Spurs losing at home to Middlesbrough however

About as possible as Newcastle losing at home to Rochdale I reckon. Tranmere at home to Watford was, and still is, the best chance of a shock IMO, I'll give you that.