Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Playing narrow against Liverpool? 

Arsenal did that and were beaten 3-1, without a hope of a win.

Luckily our team is better than Arsenal's then. Point is Liverpool struggled massively when Salzburg suffocated the middle and ended up lucky to win. Something to consider especially if we're chasing the game. 

It really is dawning how difficult this will be. Unbeaten in 43 home league games (plus many Champions League games in that time), one defeat in 43 league matches, 16 straight league wins. I would say, as a one-off result, the 5-3 against Man United was possibly our best in the last 20 years for the sheer amazement at how it panned out but they weren't a side in top form, Liverpool definitely are. 

If, somehow, we manage to win this, as a one-off game it could be our biggest Premier League victory.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I had it last season with sky sports Ireland but not subscribed to premier sports.

Mind you after Man U I was almost glad of that!

Pretty sure most pubs that show Premier League will have it on especially given number of Liverpool fans in Ireland 

• Thanks 1

I think Praet will play tomorrow and Perez will be left out. He can offer us the protection need, with the ability to break quickly forward when we have the Ball.

He also has the ability to pick a pass and play someone in on goal.  You could also go with Tielemans alongside NDiddiI but I feel Praet is stronger defensively that Tielemans.

A draw will right the Man u result but a win will show real intent from us.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndiddi Praet

Tielemans Maddison Albrigton

Vardy 

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think Praet will play tomorrow and Perez will be left out. He can offer us the protection need, with the ability to break quickly forward when we have the Ball.

He also has the ability to pick a pass and play someone in on goal.  You could also go with Tielemans alongside NDiddiI but I feel Praet is stronger defensively that Tielemans.

A draw will right the Man u result but a win will show real intent from us.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndiddi Praet

Tielemans Maddison Albrigton

Vardy 

Not sure if we're showing enough attacking intent there. A bit more pace up front for me. Like Barnes

3 hours ago, Corky said:

It really is dawning how difficult this will be. Unbeaten in 43 home league games (plus many Champions League games in that time), one defeat in 43 league matches, 16 straight league wins. I would say, as a one-off result, the 5-3 against Man United was possibly our best in the last 20 years for the sheer amazement at how it panned out but they weren't a side in top form, Liverpool definitely are. 

If, somehow, we manage to win this, as a one-off game it could be our biggest Premier League victory.

Or the start of something even bigger...

Aeriously im ao excited about this but have that good old Leicester fear that we'll get tonked and ruin my weekend. 

(Last time i looked forward to a match this much was old trafford, what can possibly go wrong 🤣)

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Aeriously im ao excited about this but have that good old Leicester fear that we'll get tonked and ruin my weekend. 

(Last time i looked forward to a match this much was old trafford, what can possibly go wrong 🤣)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

You are nervous and excited aren't you:scarf:

On 29/09/2019 at 20:39, foxinsox said:

This!

It looked good when we played this today when Albrighton came on. Praet and Albrighton have a little more defensive solidity than Barnes and Maddison. Albrighton is the best feeder of Vardy, they know each others games intimately.

Ndidi is best on his own. A second DM just gets in his way. I liked Youri's setpieces today. Quite threatening.

Maddison, Barnes and Gray give attacking options from the bench.

I agree with that, but I don't think he will leave out madders he will start if fully fit 

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Not sure if we're showing enough attacking intent there. A bit more pace up front for me. Like Barnes

This is a game to be pragmatic. They're unbeaten for a reason, We have to respect that and won't be able to go at them  gung ho like last week.

I agree Barnes deserves to play most weeks because he offers us more attacking options.But for this game we need to be compete where they are strong.

That's stopping Arnold and Roberston making runs down the lines while Praet watches Hendo and NDiddi stops Firmino.

Barnes is not defensive minded which is why I'd go with Albrighton. Mark can defend and  create as demonstrated last week.

Between Chilwell Albrighton and Maddison they should be able to keep Arnold pegged back.  while also cutting off the supply to Henferson.

The best way to keep their front 3 quiet is to starve them of the Ball. Then by all means bring on Barnes later on when his fresh legs might just get the opportunity to create or score a winner.

18 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Attack them as though they’re a bottom of the table team with complete disregard for their threat and we should romp to a 5-4 win.

That's never going to happen. This is likely to be a sparing match until someone gets in the first blow. Then it might open up into an exciting game. But initially we'll show each other respect.

I can't wait though. Bring it on. Their Fans are more worried than we are. Hopefully that transfers onto their players.

• Like 1

bored of reading and hearing how this is the "acid test" or this is the fixture that will see "what we're really made of". will it bollocks. this is a fixture we could easily lose 5-0 and nobody would even bat an eyelid. they're freakishly good and once we get this game out the way we will smash the rest of this year to bits. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Well I think we should have a go and bring back Maddison for Praet. Attack them. High press from the start. They will be tired from their midweek game where they played a full strength team. Whatever the result we will then know how we stand for the remainder of the season.

That didn't work against Utd and it's unlikely to work against a much better team in Liverpool. Also the time to hit them with a high press is later in the game where their legs will be suffering from the midweek game.

If we win it tells us a little, if we lose it tells us nothing as it's expected. It's still only 3 points either way.  It means nothing more as it's one game at a time. What a win would do is give us momentum going into the next game, which is what we done in 2015 eventually you run out of games.

Win or lose enjoy the game.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We don't need to be doubling up on Trent, but there's a reason he's got 4 goal contributions in 7 games. I'd feel much comfortable with an actual winger like Albrighton keeping him busy and exploiting the huge gaps he leaves behind in the defence, unlike Maddison who would drift inside to get eaten up by their congested and dynamic midfield. I don't think Maddison is very good at defending against fullbacks from the wing, in fact in my opinion his workrate as a whole is much better in central midfield.

Yeah, he's their set piece taker.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That didn't work against Utd and it's unlikely to work against a much better team in Liverpool. Also the time to hit them with a high press is later in the game where their legs will be suffering from the midweek game.

If we win it tells us a little, if we lose it tells us nothing as it's expected. It's still only 3 points either way.  It means nothing more as it's one game at a time. What a win would do is give us momentum going into the next game, which is what we done in 2015 eventually you run out of games.

Win or lose enjoy the game.

Don't have two defensive midfielders is what I'm trying to say. Go for it unlike at manure