Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I think Praet will play tomorrow and Perez will be left out. He can offer us the protection need, with the ability to break quickly forward when we have the Ball.

He also has the ability to pick a pass and play someone in on goal.  You could also go with Tielemans alongside NDiddiI but I feel Praet is stronger defensively that Tielemans.

A draw will right the Man u result but a win will show real intent from us.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndiddi Praet

Tielemans Maddison Albrigton

Vardy 

That's round pegs in square holes

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndiddi Praet

Albrigton Tielemans Barnes

Vardy 

Same team as last week except Albrigton in for Perez. Tielemans feeds Albrighton or barnes who feed Vardy. Madison to come on and change the match if needed.

• Like 1

Five big questions on Football365 is quite interesting. Picked up on the main tactics question, which is will Bredan continue to play a defensive lineup with two DMs against the bigger clubs.

Our only loss this season is against Man Utd, who were and are terrible, but we setup to contain them due to their big club status rather than playing our own game and beating them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We wouldn't because Salah doesn't play as a right winger. He plays very centrally. Like I said, cover for him would come from our midfield.

If what you say is absolutely correct then youre inviting trent forward because your assertion is the central areas are overloaded.

So you must believe in the capability of chilwell to defend against trent and when salah does pull wide into the half spaces.

Either way i dont agree with your tactics especially using maddison wide but lets hope youre right

2 hours ago, ranxerox said:

Back home after a fabulous trip. My son and I were fortunate to see an amazing game. After following the club for years it was incredible to be at Anfield and see it all for real and be able to take part in the atmosphere and singing (the loud, proud, and boisterous Salzburg supporters made their own contribution to an electric atmosphere). It was the first professional game that either of us have been to and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Tomorrow is a huge game for both teams and I honestly can’t predict the outcome. I think Vardy could well score two on his own the way he’s playing and given the number of chances we’re giving up lately. Fatigue will likely be an issue for us as (Matip aside) Klopp played the 1st team on Wednesday and we needed them. 

Was as a wild game, first 30 minutes we absolutely bossed them, scoring 3 and hitting the post. First 20 of the second we fell asleep and Salzburg looked like scoring on every attack. 

One thing though that is different from past LFC teams was even when Salzburg evened up no one panicked and it really seemed that we would find a way to find a winner. Mentally this team is strong. 

I could see Klopp making some changes maybe Keita or Chamberlain in mid, word is Allison won’t be back. Matip is out and Gomes was shaky. Could be he is in for a mare tomorrow or maybe he’s got the rust off. 

One thing for sure sure is there will be goals, and even if one side falls 3 behind it won’t mean it’s over by a long shot. 

glad you had such a special trip!

9 hours ago, Corky said:

It really is dawning how difficult this will be. Unbeaten in 43 home league games (plus many Champions League games in that time), one defeat in 43 league matches, 16 straight league wins. I would say, as a one-off result, the 5-3 against Man United was possibly our best in the last 20 years for the sheer amazement at how it panned out but they weren't a side in top form, Liverpool definitely are. 

If, somehow, we manage to win this, as a one-off game it could be our biggest Premier League victory.

To be fair, I seem to remember a plucky Leicester side from last season that made Liverpool sweat quite a bit. 

Not saying that it matters much - but it matters some. We rise to the occasion when the spotlights are on.

We have 2 options regarding teams, if we want to get a draw or win tomorrow:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Tillimens Ndidi

Albrighton Maddison Barnes

Vardy

This is my first choice.

2nd option I could get behind:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Praet Ndidi

Albrighton Tillimens Barnes

Vardy

I think Maddison has to play if fully fit but if not then I’d accept the 2nd one. I feel Praet would be unfortunate to not play after last game but think if we go for it and we struggle/losing, he can change the game, rather than starting negative going behind and almost planning to go behind so we can tinker and ‘change the game’.

Go hard, go attacking and be ambitious.

things for sure to not do:

- Maddison never wide! If he plays it’s in the hole if not then bench,

- Tillimens being dropped is a stupid opinion from some people I’ve read. Ridiculous, he has to start. Him and Vardy are the 2(aside the back 5 who all are 100%) straight on the team sheet.

- Barnes has to start.

the options:

- Albrighton OR Perez and Hamza OR Ndidi?

these are both ok options but in both occasions they are ‘OR’ and not both.

For me ,  Ndidi has to play as he’s one of our top performers at the minute and 2 DMs is another out the question thing.

Albrighton would be perfect for this game. Also Perez would be better up top so he should be a good option to chase the game . If we are losing bring him on 2 up top with Vardy, not as a wide square peg.

I really fancy our chances if we believe in ourselves.

If BR plays hamza and Ndidi, plays Maddison on the wing or drops Tillimens then I’ll be fuming, we will never win if he does any of those things.

Im fed up of us bottling it by changing tactics!

When we won the league the reason we were so consistent was because we played the same 11 nearly every week and didn’t change for other people, we played our strongest game in a system we were best at.

I even remember the one game that season we changed for the opposition was Man City at home.

we played inler as a 5 man midfield as we were planning to stifle them, and is it any wonder before that game I knew it was a mistake and we played one of the worst games that season. We learnt though and played our top team and didn’t fear them at the ethiad and tore them a new arse.

Its as simple as this , play our best team in a formation that gets the best out of our individuals and if we lose then Liverpool would deserve it.

I will have no complaints if we go for it and lose but I’ll be fuming if we let them win by fearing them.

Utd won because we effectively let them, if we played to win we would of won 90% of the time.

long term on %s we will make more average points in this game by going for it, so rather than fearing them and playing for a point that we will never get, go for it. This doesn’t mean go gung ho, just play to win and if we go behind, change it and try and come back. If we get ahead then just adjust tactically and accordingly.

At the end of the day, If we lose, let’s lose feeling like we did vs Cardiff in playoffs 09/10, not Old Trafford 19/20!

Edited by deanolegend1989

19 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I had a dream we got a 1-0 win with Vardy scoring. Maddison assist. People were saying things like, "there'll be taking us seriously for the title now," even though I don't think anyone seriously thinks the title is a possibility. I know I don't.

I had a dream we won 2-0 a Vardy double.

Hopefully Benkovic will make the Bench today because 'if' we had to replace either of Evans or Cags at any stage, Wes against that front line would be a total disaster. 

Game day once again, where the excitement starts to churn away and you are eager for 3 o'clock to come. As a foxes fan I know they can get a result today. I even fancy putting a bet on us winning 1-0 Maddison, but I know if I did that we would end up losing 3-0. So, come 5 o'clock and we are on the end of a drubbing, you know I went and visited Paddy at the Power Palace 🙄

Edited by Lincolnfox

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I'd prefer Dennis over Hamza to start.

Yeah me too. I see no value in trying to contain Liverpool we need the blend of being able to stand up to them in midfield but launch fast attacks and Praet will allow us to do that. I'd be looking to play the diamond rather than Maddison wide left and let Barnes or Perez have a free role along side Vardy.

can't really see a positive outcome here. 

we either set up like we did at old trafford and we don't concede a load of goals but it will be pretty much impossible for us to score. or we set up like we want to play football, in which case there is almost certainly no way we won't concede at least 3 and lose anyway. 

bit of a tricky one really. 

• Like 2

Just now, ScouseFox said:

can't really see a positive outcome here. 

we either set up like we did at old trafford and we don't concede a load of goals but it will be pretty much impossible for us to score. or we set up like we want to play football, in which case there is almost certainly no way we won't concede at least 3 and lose anyway. 

bit of a tricky one really. 

Home and away last season we caused them problems, we can do so again but you're right in balancing the defensive and attacking phases. 

We have just got to hope they have an off day, they are getting a touch nervy at times as they continue this winning run. I say it most weeks but I've got a feeling if we get anything today it'll be Harvey Barnes