Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

2 hours ago, Show me the Mane said:

As a Pool fan,I am bricking it.The match yesterday with Salzburg didn't fill me with confidence!You guys have a great team who will most likely finish in the top 4 (over Utd and Spurs) which is great! Rodgers is doing well and would be foolish to leave now..

shouldnt be bricking no match with the form liverpool are in. winning anyway possible.

6 hours ago, 49er said:

Thought he was excellent.Haaland who came on and scored looks a really promising striker. Salzburg were excellent in the second half. That’s the way to have a go at Liverpool, but you do risk being caught out by their front three. it was interesting to see how the likes of van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Henderson didn’t look so great when they were under pressure. Brendan’s approach against Chelsea and Manure suggests he may be cautious rather than offensive  perhaps starting off with a 4-5-1, with Albrighton starting . Not sure whether Praet can play on the left?

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wouldn't mind Håland from Salburg either :wub:

Son of the old Man City player Alf Inge Hàland isn’t he?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They have several quality players, their whole front line would improve our squad.

No doubt about it.  

We seem to like having  someone in our squad that reaches out to the Asian market... plus with him being 23 he’d fit the bill as someone who could increase in value..

but more than all of that’s hes very very good and will only get better

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

No doubt about it.  

We seem to like having  someone in our squad that reaches out to the Asian market... plus with him being 23 he’d fit the bill as someone who could increase in value..

but more than all of that’s hes very very good and will only get better

If whoever buys him is lucky, he'll end up a bit like Son, steadily improving every year until he is one of the best players in their league

Think it'll be a high-scoring game.

It'll be a good test for Soyuncu and Chilwell, especially.

Someone has to stop their excellent record, and LCFC often turn up in against against one of the so-called 'top-six'.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I remember many many moons ago we beat them 2-1 in a mid-week game. The only other thing I remember is Matty Elliott scored one of the goals. Only reason I remember this is I got 250-1 on that and put a fiver on it and it came off. And its about the only time i've won any decent money out of city.

Quietly optimistic for this weekends game. I think we could nick this one :fc:

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wise words from Mark Lawrenson...

"I appreciate that Leicester are dangerous when they go forward, but I don't think they are good enough at the back to get themselves a result at Anfield." ""I look at Leicester defensively and I do not see them holding out."

If only we had the joint best defence in the Premier League :rolleyes:

I never tire of reminding FT of his immortal expertise from the title winning season:

Host: Leicester might win the title

Lawro: They won't 

Host: But why not? 

Lawro: Because they can't, they won't. 

If only he'd added 'you do the maths', the argument would have stacked up. 

He's a toss piece. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wise words from Mark Lawrenson...

"I appreciate that Leicester are dangerous when they go forward, but I don't think they are good enough at the back to get themselves a result at Anfield." ""I look at Leicester defensively and I do not see them holding out."

If only we had the joint best defence in the Premier League :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I never tire of reminding FT of his immortal expertise from the title winning season:

Host: Leicester might win the title

Lawro: They won't 

Host: But why not? 

Lawro: Because they can't, they won't. 

If only he'd added 'you do the maths', the argument would have stacked up. 

He's a toss piece. 

Strangely, last couple of seasons he has consistently predicted us to get better results than we have ......

Haha this is absolute peak Lawro. 

So, take out the Newcastle game and we've scored the same number of goals this season as Burnley. I think it's fair to say we've struggled a bit going forward in a few games to really create proper chances. We've ranked high on shooting charts and low on accuracy because we're being forced to take long shots a lot. 

We've struggled to break down Chelsea, Wolves and United and its cost us points. 

Meanwhile, Cags, Ndidi and Evans have started on fire and we've got the joint best defence in the league which is the real cornerstone of our form so far. 

Lawro:

"I appreciate that Leicester are dangerous when they go forward, but I don't think they are good enough at the back to get themselves a result at Anfield."

• Haha 3

Expectations that BR will approach this in the same way as Chelsea and yanited. Try and keep it tight first half and then attempt to smother them second half with an increased intensity 

I worry that whatever way we approach the game, we won’t keep a clean sheet first half and if we are indeed passive then it won’t be so easy to outscore them second half to get anything from the game.

• Like 2