Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Liverpool don't look as strong defensively this season, it might be worth going toe to toe with them and trying to get the lead ourselves, rather than our usual approach when we play a containment game of gifting the opposition an early lead and then fcuking ourselves.

I am sure br will not want to repeat the utd experience where we let a poor performing team nick the points though a lack of ambition on our part

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Wise words from Mark Lawrenson...

"I appreciate that Leicester are dangerous when they go forward, but I don't think they are good enough at the back to get themselves a result at Anfield." ""I look at Leicester defensively and I do not see them holding out."

If only we had the joint best defence in the Premier League :rolleyes:

Whenever I read something that Lawro writes nowadays, I have a mental image of him sat by a window, dribbling in a reclining chair.

• Haha 1

Appreciate we're playing Liverpool who are a great club etc etc, but I'm getting a bit sick of the amount of shit we're seeing of "Brendan returning to Anfield" and crap like that. 

Let's talk about how well Liverpool are playing, how well we are playing and stop looking at links (some tedious at best) between the clubs. 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Was just wondering, if I made a post that was almost a self caricature, would that be peak Peak? 

You should create a verbal ott assesment of Andy Peake whilst sitting on a hill top.

Peak Peak speaks Peake on peak.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The only way we get anything out of this game is to mix it up, be aggressive and right in their faces. Give them time and retreat to just in front of our own box and it'll be a disappointing day.

That's what it felt like watching the Salzburg match.  In the first half Liverpool was like a Ferrari running through the gears.

It was making me sick watching their backs work the ball side to side using the whole pitch like they do. Shaping the pitch with ease.

Robertson scoring a goal that made him look like competition for Vardy as a striker. 

The second half Salzburg changed all that. The whole team put pressure on Liverpool everywhere on the pitch and turned the whole match around.

If it wasn't for Milner taking control they would have lost the match no doubt. As you say if we let them get comfortable on the ball its going to be a long day for us

I didn't watch the Liverpool vs Salzburg game so this might be wrong but apparently Salzburg changed to a 442 diamond in the second half and played aggressively. We also did that against Spurs just before the comeback. 

Schmeichel 

Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi 

Praet              Tielemans 

Maddison 

Barnes           Vardy

This was the 11 on the field during our comeback and based on form, I'd argue this is our best 11 right now, maybe with Perez instead of Barnes. A bit harsh on Albrighton not to get a start after his performance against Newcastle but he doesnt really fit into this formation anywhere. 

We need Hamza in, Tielemans maybe too slow for this match, he could be introduced as a second half sub as the energy levels fade.

Going to be interesting when the team sheets come out. BR has quite a big decision to make for this one. 

Personally I’d think it’s more likely he’ll go defensive, but who knows?

Think Chilwell/Ricardo are key to this one. If they (particularly Chilwell) are defensively suspect then we’ll struggle. 

Just been checking out the competition pre match threads. Pretty much they expect to win but see it as their toughest game/test yet. Only real concern they seem to have is playing a high line against Vardy. The other comments I happen to agree with centre around our dismal game against Man U where if we adopt the same sit back and see tactics they are envisaging it'll be a fun day for them.

Just found out match will be live on Premier 1 in Ireland which is Sky Channel 412......A very happy foxlike as it means no scrambling around looking for dodgy streams 🤗🤗 Really think we might get something out of this match as they rode their luck away to Sheffield Utd last weekend and Salzburg midweek. 🦊

4 hours ago, murphy said:

You should create a verbal ott assesment of Andy Peake whilst sitting on a hill top.

Peak Peak speaks Peake on peak.

And if @HighPeakFox is cheerfully OTT and catches sight of Andy Peake looking a bit ill on a windy mountain top, would it be peak perky Peak peeks at peaky Peake on a parky peak?

Talking of Andy Peake, was anyone on the forum at the match when he scored that 30-yarder against Liverpool all those years ago?  Wouldn't mind another one of them tomorrow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I didn't watch the Liverpool vs Salzburg game so this might be wrong but apparently Salzburg changed to a 442 diamond in the second half and played aggressively. We also did that against Spurs just before the comeback. 

Schmeichel 

Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi 

Praet              Tielemans 

Maddison 

Barnes           Vardy

This was the 11 on the field during our comeback and based on form, I'd argue this is our best 11 right now, maybe with Perez instead of Barnes. A bit harsh on Albrighton not to get a start after his performance against Newcastle but he doesnt really fit into this formation anywhere. 

Playing narrow against Liverpool? 

Arsenal did that and were beaten 3-1, without a hope of a win.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Liverpool don't look as strong defensively this season, it might be worth going toe to toe with them and trying to get the lead ourselves, rather than our usual approach when we play a containment game of gifting the opposition an early lead and then fcuking ourselves.

Not sure why you repeatedly lie to yourself to build up confidence. You'll only get pissed off when it doesn't happen that way.

Away at Liverpool is hands down the most difficult away day in the country. 

Albrighton has to play for me.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans Praet

Albrighton--------------Maddison

Vardy

Let Praet cover the left hand side of midfield and give Maddison a free to do as he pleases. Praet, Tielemans, Maddison and Albrighton is a midfield that can keep the ball against theirs which I think is so important.

• Like 1

Play Hamza and N'didi and we have 0 chance at all. Go out, get in their face and play our game and we have a chance. I'm praying we've learnt our mistake now but I'm not gonna hold my breathe. 

2 Defensive midfielders and it'll be a walk in the park for liverpool. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Albrighton has to play for me.

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans Praet

Albrighton--------------Maddison

Vardy

Let Praet cover the left hand side of midfield and give Maddison a free to do as he pleases. Praet, Tielemans, Maddison and Albrighton is a midfield that can keep the ball against theirs which I think is so important.

I know we disagree on this but we can't play Maddison wide left anymore it simply doesn't work despite all your assertion. Every game we've used it we've improved once we changed from that formation, and struggled whilst using it. Would rather drop him or Tielemans and play Barnes, if we're looking to play a more defensive central 3. Can't just shoehorn people in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only change i'd make from last week would be Maddison back in for Praet. Wouldn't drop Perez after his best game in a Leicester shirt. Hate to drop Praet but would rather do that than get him in and stick Madders out wide.

• Like 1