Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

Question. Liverpool press high up the pitch with significant pressure and desire. But then so do Leicester, therefore, will one of the teams

chamge their style slightly or will both teams go hell for leather on the press. I think big Cags and his pace could be our key. 

guys there was a player who played for Salzburg against Liverpool tonight  who i think looks tailor-made for us. a south Korean goes by the name of Huwang He-chan ‘ Franky chan’ as he was called. 23 year old forward who looked a bit like a young vardy to me. great crosser of the ball, very strong shot on him and scored. Keep your eyes on him. If Iheanacho leaves he would be a great replacement. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

I think a few are getting a wee bit carried away here. I must admit though I am starting to get more than a little bit excited about this game. If we put out our attacking side like the last two games rather than one set up to contain, I could see this being an absolute corker full of goals. Both teams have an equal top defensive record, I believe we have potentially the best midfield in the league, and Liverpool the most potent attacking trio. (cue a bore score draw now I've said that).

Providing we make a game of it, I will not be too disappointed if we lose this one, but by the same token won't be surprised if we come away with all three points. If we can pull it off, while too early to be a Man city away in 2016 moment, the belief-o-meter is going to go into overdrive on here and the rest will suddenly sit up and take notice that we are actually a serious contender.

Bring it on.

Agree with this.

If we try to take them on at their own game we will lose heavily. Their front three are absolutely brilliant and have real pace. We need to stop their full backs pressing forwards. I've read that our midfield is better than theirs. Simply don't agree. Whilst their midfield may not read the most exciting on paper as a unit is is top class. They work incredibly hard. They are  best team in the country at this moment if I could take a 0-0 now I would do.

To get anything from this game we will need to play far far better than we have done so far this season and they will need to be below par. They were lacklustre away at Sheffield but they know we can pose a threat and they will be really pumped for this game. I expect them to really come at us for the first 20 minutes and we simply must hold out to have any chance.

The Man Utd away game was hyped up and we simply didn't turn up. Slightly fear the same will happen here too.

These guys have won 12 straight at Anfield for a reason.  I like having confidence and I hope we go into the match with a more positive setup than we used against Chelsea and Man. U..  Still, there's no shame in being realistic - it's a game you would reasonably expect to lose even if you're quite a good side (which I believe we are).  A point here would be a splendid result, and if nothing else it's a good level check against our first really strong opponent of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Really have got a sneaky feeling we might get something from this.

Me too mate. Not for one moment thinking it’s going to be easy 😂 It’s our hardest game of the season.

But

We’re the last side to take anything away from Anfield

Unbeaten streaks always come to an end one day

They’ve just had a physically exhausting 90mins of midweek football 

It’s a free hit for us

Unleash the shackles from Old Trafford and go for it 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

guys there was a player who played for Salzburg against Liverpool tonight  who i think looks tailor-made for us. a south Korean goes by the name of Huwang He-chan ‘ Franky chan’ as he was called. 23 year old forward who looked a bit like a young vardy to me. great crosser of the ball, very strong shot on him and scored. Keep your eyes on him. If Iheanacho leaves he would be a great replacement. 

Thought he was excellent.Haaland who came on and scored looks a really promising striker. Salzburg were excellent in the second half. That’s the way to have a go at Liverpool, but you do risk being caught out by their front three. it was interesting to see how the likes of van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Henderson didn’t look so great when they were under pressure. Brendan’s approach against Chelsea and Manure suggests he may be cautious rather than offensive  perhaps starting off with a 4-5-1, with Albrighton starting . Not sure whether Praet can play on the left?

Edited by 49er
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

For those who watched their CL gsme, are RB Salzburg any good or were Liverpool's defending just poor? 

It was exactly the game Leicester needed to see.

I doubt the physical exertion will be significant to Saturday, but rather the way Salzburg played.

They set up to attack, took their chances and played without fear. 

The Liverpool defence weren't poor, far from it, it was more down to their player Minamino, (new name to me) who was really creative and efficient in his play. 

His play alone, suggests to me Maddison should start from his more centred position. 

It felt like many clues were given during this game regarding tactics. 

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Question. Liverpool press high up the pitch with significant pressure and desire. But then so do Leicester, therefore, will one of the teams

chamge their style slightly or will both teams go hell for leather on the press. I think big Cags and his pace could be our key. 

Cant see Liverpool changing their style to suit haha, we will probably go with the Man U lineup hopefully executed slightly better-it may be Oren effective against these than manure anyway 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Wouldn't mind Håland from Salburg either :wub:

18 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

It was exactly the game Leicester needed to see.

I doubt the physical exertion will be significant to Saturday, but rather the way Salzburg played.

They set up to attack, took their chances and played without fear. 

The Liverpool defence weren't poor, far from it, it was more down to their player Minamino, (new name to me) who was really creative and efficient in his play. 

His play alone, suggests to me Maddison should start from his more centred position. 

It felt like many clues were given during this game regarding tactics. 

I was watching and thinking the very same. I thought Salzburg attacked in a way that we do and does show that Liverpool can be attacked and broken down. I'm not for one second that this is going to be easy on Saturday, but to see last night gives a glimmer of hope. I was really impressed with Salzburg and the way they came back, and like someone else said, their striker reminded me of a Vards type of player. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, casablancas said:

Salzburg played Liverpool at their own game but lost. Great game for the neutral but looked like a basketball game and complete chaos on the pitch. If you try and play that way against Liverpool on their own turf it’s asking for trouble IMO especially given how young a lot of our team are. I know Salzburg equalised but they also went 3-0 down! Liverpool can end the game by halftime if you are too open as a team. 

As a result I’d expect a lineup similar to Chelsea away with us trying to ride the storm initially and grow into the game. But that strategy has it’s own problems as we saw against Man United. Ultimately it will come down to the players and we will need strong performances from some of our key players like Ndidi and the fullbacks. But with Vardy bang in form and Tielemans and Maddison capable of the killer pass we always stand a chance. 

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game as we might play open anyway. Even if we were to lose if we gave Liverpool a fright by attacking them it might boost the confidence of the team. Against Spurs the most impressive thing was that we outplayed and out attacked them. No surprise in my book that the following week we were so deadly  - the guys must be on cloud nine right now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

They have several quality players, their whole front line would improve our squad.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Salzburg played Liverpool at their own game but lost. Great game for the neutral but looked like a basketball game and complete chaos on the pitch. If you try and play that way against Liverpool on their own turf it’s asking for trouble IMO especially given how young a lot of our team are. I know Salzburg equalised but they also went 3-0 down! Liverpool can end the game by halftime if you are too open as a team. 

As a result I’d expect a lineup similar to Chelsea away with us trying to ride the storm initially and grow into the game. But that strategy has it’s own problems as we saw against Man United. Ultimately it will come down to the players and we will need strong performances from some of our key players like Ndidi and the fullbacks. But with Vardy bang in form and Tielemans and Maddison capable of the killer pass we always stand a chance. 

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game as we might play open anyway. Even if we were to lose if we gave Liverpool a fright by attacking them it might boost the confidence of the team. Against Spurs the most impressive thing was that we outplayed and out attacked them. No surprise in my book that the following week we were so deadly  - the guys must be on cloud nine right now. 

The biggest problem with 4-3-3 is how easily even ordinary teams seem to nullify Vardy, let alone the best CB in the world. I really want to see Vardy in a game where he's involved up against Van Dijk as I think he would cause him all sort so of bother, but to do that we need to be so quick and fluid which we seldom seem to be able to do when we play Maddison out wide and Choudhury and Ndidi together.

We have a good recent record against Liverpool on the whole. Some of their fans think we are a bit of a bogey team. 

Either way and despite last nights game Liverpool will be a tough, tough game. One of the two standout PL sides. Getting anything there will be outstanding. 

Mind you you were going to do them home and away and win the league, so no worries. :ph34r:

Edited by ARM1968

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd back us to beat Energy Drink FC over two legs. 

American Manager for the energy drinks as well. Attacking. There might be hope for football in my country.