Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

The whole age argument is a difficult one . Some players improve with age some hit an early peak and don't improve. I'm still prepared to give him time but his lack of bottle has always annoyed me . Seems to pull out of any 50/50 challenges or worse even when it's in favour !

The Millwall game comes to mind. Apparently too scared to take a throw in because of their fans. 

Guest An Sionnach

Footballers- New school - nice haircut - looks good in advertising shoots - farts about on the pitch to no great effect - Chilwell ?  Old school - haircut ! What's that ? - looks like the wild man o the woods - puts the fear of God into opponents - Hamza ?

One would assume that any business worth it’s salt would look into the viability of selling an asset for an inflated price and whether an equally good replacement is available for a lower price ??

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail !!

the idea we would sell in January is fanciful though ......

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

If the money is good then get it done ,He can hit a dead ball reasonably well but overall ball striking is desperately poor.I think only one deflected goal to show and has no right foot at all .Watch back when he was put in close to the keeper Saturday and had to wait to get it on his left foot chance was slim but lost.

Hes good but but not great

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

He genuinely should be spending an hour after training just continuously running down the line and crossing the ball because non league players cross the ball better that him at the moment and that no exaggeration.. 

...we are obsessed with crossing balls into the box!!!

He should be looking to lay off balls in the box, everything on the ground, picking out a run and shooting across the keeper, instead of going through the motions when in forward positions. I cannot understand why we are constantly looking to cross balls into the box, it is not as if Vardy or anyone else is going to win these balls, as with our corners, totally unproductive.

I think he is too scared to lose the ball in these positions and goes for the safe option. If that should be the case, then the coaching staff are not earning their wages, as it is quite evident,regarding is glaring lack of progress and the backrooms inability to address it!!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He should be looking to lay off balls in the box, everything on the ground, picking out a run and shooting across the keeper, instead of going through the motions when in forward positions. I cannot understand why we are constantly looking to cross balls into the box, it is not as if Vardy or anyone else is going to win these balls, as with our corners, totally unproductive.

I think he is too scared to lose the ball in these positions and goes for the safe option. If that should be the case, then the coaching staff are not earning their wages, as it is quite evident,regarding is glaring lack of progress and the backrooms inability to address it!!!!!

Spot on for me.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Cross/pass/delivery/correct decision ... whatever you call it.

the point still exists his game lacks it. Fuchs had that in his locker.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Our scapegoating of him is comical. You lot have no idea how good we have it. He has an incredibly difficult role that consists of often holding down an entire flank offensively and defensively, and you're upset with his inconsistencies? Very few other fullbacks in this league could do what he does for us. Stick Charlie Taylor in that position, see how he does.

And yes, his crossing for us is poor and will probably never improve to a good standard, but he's still a top quality footballer on form. And an academy player to boot. Some patience is in order.

It's hardly scapegoating as we're doing really well in the league and the club as a whole are doing great and no one's looking for excuses. 

Many of us have been saying he's been pretty rubbish for a long time now and what worries me is that I've not once heard him reflect on his poor performances or ever hold his hands up to say he needs to improve - he's even been on to LCFC TV recently banging on how "confidence is flowing" 

I'd have more respect for him if he actually came out and acknowledged that his fundamental game is floored and see him take proactive steps in games to try and improve this. I think Brendan probably knows this too but I think he's playing him still for 3 reasons. 

1. Dropping him and publicly telling the world he's not good enough for Leicester would probably knock off £40m of his value over night. 

2. Dropping him would almost certainly end his England career and turn his world upside down, I feel Brendan probably feels a duty of care for him as a human being.

3. Brendan's ego would struggle to concede he's got (what is wrongly perceived) as one of the brightest talents in the country and has failed to develop him or make him work. 

I don't buy this "scapegoat" "Get behind or players" "He's home grown FFS" argument. I've supported and encouraged worst players than Chilwell in the past and will do in the future, but I just can't stomach the fact he seems untouchable and he seems completely oblivious (as does the media and Southgate) that he's on a rapid decline.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's hardly scapegoating as we're doing really well in the league and the club as a whole are doing great and no one's looking for excuses. 

Many of us have been saying he's been pretty rubbish for a long time now and what worries me is that I've not once heard him reflect on his poor performances or ever hold his hands up to say he needs to improve - he's even been on to LCFC TV recently banging on how "confidence is flowing" 

I'd have more respect for him if he actually came out and acknowledged that his fundamental game is floored and see him take proactive steps in games to try and improve this. I think Brendan probably knows this too but I think he's playing him still for 3 reasons. 

1. Dropping him and publicly telling the world he's not good enough for Leicester would probably knock off £40m of his value over night. 

2. Dropping him would almost certainly end his England career and turn his world upside down, I feel Brendan probably feels a duty of care for him as a human being.

3. Brendan's ego would struggle to concede he's got (what is wrongly perceived) as one of the brightest talents in the country and has failed to develop him or make him work. 

I don't buy this "scapegoat" "Get behind or players" "He's home grown FFS" argument. I've supported and encouraged worst players than Chilwell in the past and will do in the future, but I just can't stomach the fact he seems untouchable and he seems completely oblivious (as does the media and Southgate) that he's on a rapid decline.

He's not been "rubbish", that's just ridiculous. 

• Like 4

He's decent, but not as good as some are making out.

I like him. It took a while, but last season he improved a lot. This season he hasn't been on good form at all, but hopefully he will improve.

His final ball is what always lets him down and his positioning isn't great. I'd keep him though unless we get stupid money like Maguire.