Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Bit short sighted to just want to let him go.  He’s a good left back who appears to be central to the good feel factor we have at the club.  Lose him then you have the likes of Maddison with less of a reason to stay and the dominoes continue.  I was sad to see Simpson go for the same reason but we seem to have coped fine - start losing the younger lads though and it will be a slippery slope and all our potential will slowly be sold off to the highest bidder.

• Like 1

Wouldn't sell him personally unless we are offered crazy money in region of maguire fee. Not had the best start to the season but he is 22, a key part of the squad unity off off the pitch and has the potential to be England's left back for next 10 years. I'd replace Fuchs with a high quality left back which can play further forward too and that will challenge him. 

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Wouldn't sell him personally unless we are offered crazy money in region of maguire fee. Not had the best start to the season but he is 22, a key part of the squad unity off off the pitch and has the potential to be England's left back for next 10 years. I'd replace Fuchs with a high quality left back which can play further forward too and that will challenge him. 

You mean a player who is happy playing back up so therefore wont be high quality.

If he was high quality he'd keep chilwell out of the team and would decrease his transfer value.lol

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's on a bit of bad form at this moment in time, weird time to be making transfer rumours about him. The good thing about this form is that it shows top level clubs that he isn't ready which actually makes a sale any time soon less likely. 

Has he had an impressive game in 2019 for us? I can't think of one

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

No player is undroppable , he can park his backside on the bench for a bit , if the lad makes a crucial error they will destroy him on here . There is no need to sell him though , he will improve , he should not believe his publicity though, he is no Ashley Cole .

He’s the one player who has regressed since Rodgers took over. Not sure why, but his form has severely declined since this time last year when he was probably our most consistent performer. He is playing without concentration and enthusiasm. Maybe being with England has turned his head. Whatever it is, he either needs to be dropped or told to buck his ideas up because he is wasting his talent at the moment and it is not good for the club.

• Like 4

He has alot of defensive issues. It's one of them great on paper players. Young, English, likes to go forward etc. But if we got £60m+ then i think we could replace him with a Soyuncu type. And by that i mean someone alot less glamorous but arguably better defensively and a third of the cost.

Having said that, in a team that doesnt need to defend much like Man City, you'd expect him to be ideal. Kind of like the Maguire to Man United deal, it would suit all parties. 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Young left back learning his trade gets hammered by Leicester fans, have you not learnt?

Have you not been watching him for the last three years?

He cannot kick a football to a team mate on a consistent basis, a point I made last season and the season before. 

He is the worst player in our first 11 by miles. 

Sell please for whatever you can get. 

• Like 3