Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

£50m exit to who though?

I've been told the above information as well.

But was told the club hope to drive the price up with. United, Chelsea once their ban ends, man city and potentially even liverpool all keen on him.

Club are scouting Europe wide for a replacement, think we may have missed a trick with not getting Tierney from Celtic for the money.

But the club feel there's value for money out there and that Chilwell isn't keen on staying long term and feels he can go earn big money elsewhere and win trophies even if he's not 1st choice.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I've been told the above information as well.

But was told the club hope to drive the price up with. United, Chelsea once their ban ends, man city and potentially even liverpool all keen on him.

Club are scouting Europe wide for a replacement, think we may have missed a trick with not getting Tierney from Celtic for the money.

But the club feel there's value for money out there and that Chilwell isn't keen on staying long term and feels he can go earn big money elsewhere and win trophies even if he's not 1st choice.

Hmmm, well his head did seem to be elsewhere against Liverpool. Pull your head in and show how good you are instead of doing a Mahrez!

2 minutes ago, holyfox said:

Hmmm, well his head did seem to be elsewhere against Liverpool. Pull your head in and show how good you are instead of doing a Mahrez!

Personally I think we saw a massive improvement between 1 season and another a year or so back when he admitted he did a lot of work over the summer.

But I do wonder if he's reached his ceiling. He's mobile and fit enough to play the modern full back role, however his right foot is almost only for standing on, he is still suspect positionally defensively and his final ball is often poor, even wasteful.

I certainly feel that as a left back he would be harder to replace than Harry was as a centre back. But now it's being reported elsewhere it certainly seems that the club feel he will move on.

Whilst some will not like it, I like the fact the club are planning ahead and the model seems to be 1 big sale every year to keep us on a even footing in terms off FFP.

• Like 3