Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

Guest bennytwohats
32 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Said it earlier but will say it again: 

The goals we scored today will absolutely affect our Champions League outcome - more than the 3 points will.

You realise this is false by definition? Only way goal difference can come in to play is with level points, which include the three won tonight. In that scenario, without the three points we aren't level....

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

yeah

you're correct Record away win: Port Vale 0–10 Sheffield United (Second Division, 10 December 1892)

24 teams (last 20yrs has been 20)

40 game average (was a lot more for 100 years)

x

131 years

125, 760 games

Bloody VAR, sheff United’s 2nd and 8th goal we’re clearly offside, but as the guy was painting the picture for the referee someone knocked his ruler. 
Unbelievably both goals were allowed to stand. The penalty for the 6th was also very dubious, but even in 1892 Moss didn’t want his on field decision overturned.

Other than that we would have had the record. 

What a nice feeling to wake up at half time 0-5. Then at full time 0-9 out here.   To make it a perfect day, come on England in the 🏉.

Watched the full match recordings.  We were the dogs b__lloks.   Just can't believe it.   Just hope we don't loss our momentum.    

RIP Our dear chairman.

Edited by Japanfox
  • Like 1

I’ve seen a lot of media reaction to the result tonight, and the majority of the focus seems to be on how bad Southampton were. 

Yes, they were doggo. ****ing doggo. And the ten men made a difference, of course.

But... As Newton’s third law states (in layman’s terms,) “you can only push on something as much as it can resist your push”

There was no resistance. We ****ed ‘em. It’s just science. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Hello Foxes. I've just subscribed. North End fan here from Preston. I can't believe I missed your match last night on the radio. I religiously listen to all commentaries on 5 live but was was away last night on a do. Is there anywhere I can listen to the commentary please?

• Like 1