Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

From the Southampton forum 

Today, 08:46 PM#1
Lighthouse is online nowModerator

Default Saints 0-9 Leicester - Reaction

I'd just like to bump this gem from the build up thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I know we aren't great but I'd be expecting a draw or narrow loss personally. I don't know what all these spanking predictions are based on.

It's Maddison and Vardy, not Kaka and Rivaldo.
That is all. smile.gif
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Mendi said:

They've got Man City away twice and Arsenal away in the next four so probably a few more beatings on that evidence.

They have a massive week in five weeks' time- Watford and Norwich at home, Newcastle away. Do they give a potential new manager a chance to get in early with the expectancy of early defeats or see this through then chuck someone in with those huge games?

Y'know, i don't really see why we shouldn't be targeting 2nd at the moment. MC has only played one top-6 side, they have Liverpool on the road 11/10 followed by Chelsea visiting the following weekend. Yes, we get Arsenal at home, but in all seriousness, I am a bit more concerned re Palace on the road, CP having been a pretty serious bogey team of ours the last few seasons. But if we can win the next couple weeks, IDK why we wouldn't be looking at playing MC for 2nd place in late December. T

I mean, who knows how many points they will drop between all their competitions? Considering their injuries and the way Pep teams tend to slow down late in the season? Plus there has to be a bit of mental fatigue. IDK, finishing ahead of Pep's MC team seems like something we should be shooting for. Probably won't happen, but at the same time, it isn't like we need to beat them 4 out of 7 matches to win 2nd place. If we just keep beating inferior teams, we should be within range late in the season.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

Anyone remember in League One when we couldn't beat an Oldham side down to 10 men leaving Dean Windass in goal for them? 

Don't ever assume that it is easy.

We played some of the most beautiful, yet simple and devastating football I have seen in the English Premier league. I am one very proud Leicester City fan.

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

Anyone remember in League One when we couldn't beat an Oldham side down to 10 men leaving Dean Windass in goal for them? 

Don't ever assume that it is easy.

We played some of the most beautiful, yet simple and devastating football I have seen in the English Premier league. I am one very proud Leicester City fan.

Windass actually saved a pen, i Remember that game very well, my daughter was born the nx morning, 

• Like 1