Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Not felt this emotional since we beat Sevilla. A privelege to witness.

Did not see us breaking a 131-year old record at the start of the season. We have improved dramatically under Rodgers.

You know we are good when even Kitchandro is in a positive mood! And I'm loving it! I'm hoping that the NEW happy Kitchandro is here to stay! :cool:

You are totally right though, simply breathtaking. I can't stop watching all of the videos and match again!

I normally watch every leicester game without fail but I was fecking working tonight! Just watched the highlights and that was utterly incredible! Don't care how shit Southampton were, to win 9-0 in the premier league, you have got to be very very good. And we scored 9 amazing goals! We have a very special team, manager, owner, and club right now and we should all take a second to reflect how lucky we are right now. A fitting tribute to win like that on the anniversary game. Khun Vichai will be looking down and smiling seeing his club continuing to go from strength to strength. Absolutely amazing this football club! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Same here! In life, in anything really the chemistry and culture is so important. If you come into work or get back home to a great environment where you feel happy, supported, confident and part of like minded individuals who are behind you, you will feel like a million dollars and perform like it too.

The guys actually seem happier than 15/16 to me, which is incredible.

I've said it before and will continue to say it, but Rodgers is a brilliant coach. I knew he was good tactically, I knew he was great at pitch coaching such as positioning and play. I did not know he was this good a man-manager.

Klopp and Guardiola will go down as two of the best ever, in the same tier as Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger. Where will Rodgers end up? The guy is very, very good. Brilliant appointment :appl:

...........and now you know why I'm here. Like you've said. So much more to come.

50 minutes ago, vanity said:

Y'know, i don't really see why we shouldn't be targeting 2nd at the moment. MC has only played one top-6 side, they have Liverpool on the road 11/10 followed by Chelsea visiting the following weekend. Yes, we get Arsenal at home, but in all seriousness, I am a bit more concerned re Palace on the road, CP having been a pretty serious bogey team of ours the last few seasons. But if we can win the next couple weeks, IDK why we wouldn't be looking at playing MC for 2nd place in late December. T

I mean, who knows how many points they will drop between all their competitions? Considering their injuries and the way Pep teams tend to slow down late in the season? Plus there has to be a bit of mental fatigue. IDK, finishing ahead of Pep's MC team seems like something we should be shooting for. Probably won't happen, but at the same time, it isn't like we need to beat them 4 out of 7 matches to win 2nd place. If we just keep beating inferior teams, we should be within range late in the season.

Liverpool could quite easily drop points as well wide open still almost 3/4 left 

My first game of the season. 

Just unbelievable. It was a surreal blur of rain, wind and goals. I jokingly said the guy next to me after Bertrand was sent off "let's hope they can make it four nil at half time and we can go home". 

I can't quite comprehend what I have witnessed. 

Edited by bovril

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

So crazy witnessing more history, its almost like my brain cant quite comprehend what I have seen.

2015/16 you think you have seen it all, then this happening.

If Liverpool didn't look so good, we could be thinking about the impossible 

AGAIN

Are we ruling Man City out as possible contenders? lol

biggest ever away win in 131 years

Let this sink in

quick maths

40 games a year on average 

x 20 teams average

x 4 leagues

3200 per year

x

131 years

so we have just witnessed the biggest away win in over 420,000 games

and it was done in the top  flight which makes it that bit harder

edit

127 years

Record away win: Port Vale 0–10 Sheffield United (Second Division, 10 December 1892)

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 3

HA !!!

See, my plan played out EXACTLY as I thought it would !

I KNOW,

The moment I slag a player off and want him benched, and make some drunken statement about a player......!

If I put a bet on......!

If I KNOW I'm gonna get lucky tonight.........

The EXACT opposite will happen.

So you should all thank me for berating Perez !

Without me wishing this....it would never have happened !!!!!

I thank you !

:ph34r:

Edited by easilee

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Our fans in Southampton expecting to see a close game on a dreary friday night.... i salute you, you deserve to see the greatest ever victory in our history you absolute legends!

As I took my seat (well, went and stood in front of it) at the start of the game, battered by wind and rain, I thought to myself "at least don't let us lose". 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

biggest ever away win in 131 years

Let this sink in

quick maths

40 games a year on average 

x 20 teams average

x 4 leagues

3200 per year

x

131 years

so we have just witnessed the biggest away win in over 420k games

and it was done in the top  flight which makes it that bit harder

I thought it was just for the top flight (Premier and 1st div) - not the entire football league?

• Thanks 1