Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

Did any of you ever play Football Manager as a kid (fully-grown adult), and build a ridiculously-good Leicester side who win games by completely unrealistic scorelines? 

Well, I think last night was the real-life version of that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are all on Cloud 9, an absoulutely fantastic game. we were totally ruthless and just kept on at Southampton and that is the most satisfying thing is that we didn't sit back in the second half and just rest on what we had. we were hungry and determined for more. Really pleased to see Perez get a hatrick as he had found the start of his career here difficult. the whole team looked superb and we have so much attacking talent as with Harcey Barnes who didn't score but was amazing. to go away from home on a Friday night, tipping it down with rain and get a result like this makes it all shine in our hearts.

The media seem to think that football started in 1992 with the Premier League. What a fantastic result, but City's best ever win in the top flight was 10-0, against Portsmouth in 1928. Just how bad are Southampton??? I have never known such a gulf in general ability between the top and the bottom of the top flight.

You could just see it last night right from the off. I’ve not seen a Leicester side so hungry to score goals ever... and I’ve followed us for 40 yrs.

If the game would have gone on and on, we’d have kept scoring. 
Even young Harvey Barnes, who was absolutely immense, looked pissed off when he got subbed. He clearly wanted to score as well

I don’t know what they took before the game, but I’ll have some please.

Just wanted to mention Wilf as well. Imo we have the best DM in the Premiership. A lot of why we can do what we do further up the pitch stems from him. Brilliant player 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fox Covert said:

The media seem to think that football started in 1992 with the Premier League. What a fantastic result, but City's best ever win in the top flight was 10-0, against Portsmouth in 1928. Just how bad are Southampton??? I have never known such a gulf in general ability between the top and the bottom of the top flight.

Were there any Swans last night? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Kasper has no fecking chance of being in the team of the week. He could of sat in the stands all night. He would not of been missed.

He did actually pull off a couple of decent saves. Not easy to keep goal in those conditions as the Southampton goalie will confirm lol

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How many passes, shots etc. Did we complete does anyone know of a site which shows you this information please 

Whoscored.com has a treasure trove of info if you delve deep. For example despite that scoreline Ndidi made 7 tackles, Ricardo 6 and Soyuncu had I think 4 interceptions. Genuinely every outfield player smashed it in terms of stats. 

That was the craziest thing about the game - it was a complete team performance.

Genuinely a night that will live long in the memory, the era we are living at the moment with our club is truely breathtaking, im loving every second of it, we have such a well balanced group of players, arguably the best midfield 3 in the prem, a striker who will go down as an all time legend, a cb pairing which looks one of the most solid weve had in recent years (aside from morgan and huth) full backs who support the attack at every chance, a goalkeeper who for me is the best ive seen play for us (my first game was 98 and keller in the sticks) and some very very good strength in depth, get a solid back up striker in jan and the push for champions league will be well and truely on, drink these moments in because some of the dross we have put up with over the years means that our whole club deserve the addulation and plaudits we are getting, im sure vichai is up there beaming with pride, what a club 💙

• Like 1