Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

Back home in London, No ducking words to describe the game, an amazing game so happy that I got to see it. Will long live in the memory.

My funny highlight of the game was the female Steward at the end of the the Match she said thank you for the result I am a Pompey fan lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I thought it was just for the top flight (Premier and 1st div) - not the entire football league?

yeah

you're correct Record away win: Port Vale 0–10 Sheffield United (Second Division, 10 December 1892)

24 teams (last 20yrs has been 20)

40 game average (was a lot more for 100 years)

x

131 years

125, 760 games

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 3

Incredible game. Got back about 1245, the rain actually got the A34 closure cancelled and with mainly clear roads, quickest ever trip home from Southampton. 

Went down with my close mate who has lived in Leicester for 30 odd years, but is a Saints season ticket holder!! Goes down to St Mary's every home game. When we met back at the car (he had waited for me!) he just had a wry smile, shook hands and we drive home quietly listening to TalkSport.

The skill, passing and team work shown by the city players in those conditions was simply mind blowing. So glad I was there. You can see the continued improvement in midfield, wing and link up play, the coaches are doing a great job. 

A few hours (and pints) later, and I'm still coming to terms with this. 9-0 is ridiculous, Southampton gave little to no defence at all. 

In another context, A 'decent' premier league player will score 9 or 10 goals in a season. We scored that in 90 minutes. It's incredible. 

On another note, how do Southampton go on from this? I'd give their coach maybe 2 games to save himself, 9-0 is ridiculous, even against 10 men, you shouldn't be conceding 9 times.

Leicester managed the biggest away win in English top-flight history, scored more on the road in one game than Manchester United have since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got the job and equalled the biggest ever Premier League win...

9 in 1 vs 10 in 10.......but I suppose we were lucky eh ! Love this Club ! 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

LOL look at the smiles :). BROMANCE!

Also LOL at Jonny Evans who reminded them about the record after every goal scored ha ha ha ha. Legend!

This team has some real chemistry to it, you can tell. The good times are coming... again!!!

The smiles?!

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 01.36.49.png

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

You are right.And i'm going to nail my flag on the mast now...we are going to finish 3rd or 4 th.

Said it earlier but will say it again: 

The goals we scored today will absolutely affect our Champions League outcome - more than the 3 points will.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61388-Saints-0-9-Leicester-Reaction#.XbOaI2nTU0M

Seems to be a lot of shit going on at their club, looks like our result seems to have pushed a lot over the edge 

To be honest it's these sorts of results (or at least the half time score) that some teams need to wake them up. Their club has had no identity or leadership since they started breeding players for Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

To be honest it's these sorts of results (or at least the half time score) that some teams need to wake them up. Their club has had no identity or leadership since they started breeding players for Liverpool.

They need a damn wake up, they showed nothing out there. No leadership at all. After a few goals you expect them to stand up and put an effort in, but frankly it was a training game. 

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sheepshagger.

He doesn't like us!!!

Imagine paying 30 quid or more to go and watch a game your team isn't involved in and end up watching your local rivals set a new English footballing record.

The people in this genuinely make the other top 6 goblins look relatively normal