Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Pays Tribute to Vichai

Good on Claude. Can't be bothered to write out a transcript in full as it would take time and Im still worse for wear but in essence a lot of it was a tribute to Vichai's personality - the warmth, approachability, the determination and drive that rubbed off on everyone else and set the tone for the club - his charisma too - a man who was universally liked around the club.

Nothing he hasn't said before but clearly Claude has a lot of time for him, as it would seem, everyone does!

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It may not have worked out for Claude here, but In the most tragic of circumstances, he handled the situation magnificently and we'll always be grateful for that.

Yeah hes a shit manager but clearly a good man and credit to himself and his family. He handled it all perfectly and not many people could have.

• Sad 1

That two weeks must've been the toughest of his career. Dealing with a distraught squad, putting your own emotions aside, travelling across the world to attend memorials which disrupts training and preparation for games, playing two matches and in both putting in commendable performances in the circumstances.

He must've been absolutely drained by it all after the Burnley match before the international break.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

The coach of the # ASSE Claude #Puel paid tribute in his way, this afternoon, at the press conference, to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, his former president at #Leicester, tragically deceased a year ago, when a @LCFC helicopter crash

Translation of what he actually said, not the tweet ya clown lol

He was clearly always a decent bloke, and handled things incredibly those couple of weeks after.

Its not often mentioned, but I’ve always thought he was getting the sack that evening and I imagine he might have thought the same... which goes even further to show how well he conducted himself in the weeks that followed! 

Must have been the hardest time of his managerial career to manage a team through such a tragedy. Especially when so many where so close to Vichai. I imagine it'll live with him forever. Lovely gesture from him to mark the occasion and pay tribute.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Its not often mentioned, but I’ve always thought he was getting the sack that evening and I imagine he might have thought the same... which goes even further to show how well he conducted himself in the weeks that followed! 

We came out the parcel yard and walked next door to the train station, sirens were going crazy all over the city, I thought it was down to trouble with fans near the LRI student flats, sat on station platform and looked on here to see if he’d had the sack after that display as I thought it would be the end and the first thread I saw just said ‘helicopter crash’, literally seconds before I looked.

Sky sports news didn’t put it up on the ticker tape for another good 5 minutes.

Horrible night. Word then seemed to get through to most on the train back to Syston and Sileby. I don’t think I slept at all that night.

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Evidently not the right man for us, wasn't great, wasn't terrible, quite clearly however a very empathetic and good willing man and for that is how he should be judged. 

I actually think he was quite a good fit for the time. Steadied the ship and brought in some excellent young talent. Rodgers has obviously improved us massively but Puel did some good work before. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

It may not have worked out for Claude here, but In the most tragic of circumstances, he handled the situation magnificently and we'll always be grateful for that.

He has also given alot to this present Leicester side,including Vardy's new patience as a Receiver when we have high % of ball possesion.

kept to Chilwell,Openned up Maddisons Tielemans Soyu & Evans City careers...plus,plus....!!

• Like 1

It didn't really work out for him here, and to be honest it seemed like it was never going to. But he handled the tragedy with dignity and helped steer the squad through a very testing time. He deserves our respect and if our paths cross in the future he would deserve the warmest of welcomes.

He ultimately lacked the man management skills necessary for the job he was given: cleaning out the squad and rejuvenating it with youth. He did it ultimately at the cost of his job but that task is a lot harder when you’re phasing out historically important well-liked players in a period of massive turbulence and grieving. He was always gonna come across as a bastard in those circumstances. 

Yet ultimately he left Rodgers in good stead with a massively promising squad. He deserves credit for that and he’s clearly a thoroughly decent bloke to make such a tribute. Top man, wrong time, but ultimately left a fantastic legacy and foundation to build from.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

He ultimately lacked the man management skills necessary for the job he was given: cleaning out the squad and rejuvenating it with youth. He did it ultimately at the cost of his job but that task is a lot harder when you’re phasing out historically important well-liked players in a period of massive turbulence and grieving. He was always gonna come across as a bastard in those circumstances. 

Yet ultimately he left Rodgers in good stead with a massively promising squad. He deserves credit for that and he’s clearly a thoroughly decent bloke to make such a tribute. Top man, wrong time, but ultimately left a fantastic legacy and foundation to build from.

I've said all along that his language skills were his let down.

And the translation shows much more of an articulate man than we ever saw. Ultimately if you can't articulate yourself, how on earth can you man manage?

A decent man who changed the club's trajectory from Shakespeare's path to the path we are on now. Ricardo, Chilwell, Tielemans, Choudhury and to a lesser extent Maddison, Gray and Barnes all owe a debt to Claude's coaching and/or recruitment

• Like 3