Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hack

The top 4.

Let’s just enjoy the ride and savour each and every moment because this team is special.

There are bound to be bumps and bruises - probably even worse - along the way, but I share Brendan’s view of taking things game by game and seeing where we are with ten to go.

First things first, let’s keep our fingers crossed that all our many internationals return fit and healthy from this international break.

Guest bennytwohats

Arrogance. Only thing I can’t say I’m absolutely thrilled with right now is some of our fans getting carried away with themselves.

if a lead can be built over 12 games, you better believe it can be lost over 26 games. Liverpool and City are a class above and have been for years now. Can’t we just enjoy the good football and see where it goes rather than declaring ourselves title challengers?

7 hours ago, manders86 said:

The 15/16 season felt so stressful week after week, wondering if we could do it. I felt like I was almost willing the season to end. 

Instead of worrying about the title, top 4, top 6 this season I'm determined to enjoy this, we are amazing and it feels sustainable and that is amazing. These are the best days of 135 years. Let that sink in! 

I felr the same to be honest, we're playing brilliantly and I'm going to revel in it while we are as opposed to being cautious.

And unwarranted pessimism is more annoying and destabilizing.  There is nothing wrong in observing after a 1/3 of the season we are clear away in the top 4 and those below that are playing average to poor.  This is a very different season to 15/16 from us and 3 other teams. No one should fear being optimistic about where the team is at and where they are likely to be.  

• Like 1

Fck top 4 we're in a title race.

If we're within points of Manchester City still going into the game at Etihad it's gonna be massive. 

Can't decide if I want a draw or a Manchester City win from today's game.

3 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

Arrogance. Only thing I can’t say I’m absolutely thrilled with right now is some of our fans getting carried away with themselves.

if a lead can be built over 12 games, you better believe it can be lost over 26 games. Liverpool and City are a class above and have been for years now. Can’t we just enjoy the good football and see where it goes rather than declaring ourselves title challengers?

If you can't enjoy us being second, playing great and putting goals past anybody we play what can you enjoy?

11 hours ago, Hack said:

It is pretty clear that the current top 4 will be the top 4 at the end of the season.  I know it is only a 1/3 the way through but the gap between them and the rest is huge and when you consider the quality of play of Liverpool, Us, Man City and Chelsea it is almost impossible to see how the current leaders don't stay in Champions Cup place.  Now can we challenge Pool for the title.  I don't see why not.

What a stupid statement that is. Have you ever watched football? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leicester City, just like their title winning season, deserve to be where they on merit. I can't understand the detractors who have probably infiltrated these boards because they have nothing better to do than denounce the steady progress this team has made under Brendan Rodgers. All I can say to them is; if you can't support this Club on these boards then you know where the door is.

Guest bennytwohats
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If you can't enjoy us being second, playing great and putting goals past anybody we play what can you enjoy?

Ironically that’s kind of the point I’m making. Enjoy the moment rather than making bold claims about what this means for the end of the season. We mock other fans for doing the same.

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Ironically that’s kind of the point I’m making. Enjoy the moment rather than making bold claims about what this means for the end of the season. We mock other fans for doing the same.

Oh apologies, yeah I get what you're saying.

We're only in Novemeber. Lot of time to go yet.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Fck top 4 we're in a title race.

If we're within points of Manchester City still going into the game at Etihad it's gonna be massive. 

Can't decide if I want a draw or a Manchester City win from today's game.

For me if we are really wanting to catch Top we need the top to drop points so a Man C win would be great for us. 

15 hours ago, manders86 said:

The 15/16 season felt so stressful week after week, wondering if we could do it. I felt like I was almost willing the season to end. 

Instead of worrying about the title, top 4, top 6 this season I'm determined to enjoy this, we are amazing and it feels sustainable and that is amazing. These are the best days of 135 years. Let that sink in! 

Exactly. One contributor to Foxestalk compared our team to the great side of the early sixties (two cup finals and one fourth place finish). We had really good players: Banks, the brilliant Davie Gibson, McLintock, Stringfellow and the excellent lan King at centre half. We played some great football: l remember in particular a 3-1 win in 1963 against the evental champions, Everton, when City were the "Ice Age Champions". Nevertheless to take one example the full backs then, Chopper Chalmers and Ritchie Norman, could not have lived with Chilly and Ricardo, and good player that Ken Keyworth was, he was no Jamie Vardy. Not for that matter was Howard Riley a Harvey Barnes. We are indeed living in a Golden Age and a hundred years from now our fans will have access to videos etc and marvel at our fabulous players.

Back in 2015/16 a Utd supporting friend told me that Leicester had to win it because we would never get a second chance. To experience the title we'd have to win it that year.

Hard not to agree with the sentiment at the time.

Where we are now, it's lucky we won that title because you can get easily see Liverpool hitting 100 points and us being as incredible as we can possibly imagine but not being able to match that.

12 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

Hmmm i doubt many truly believe we can challenge. Just enjoying the limelight.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Doing what they are doing is a sign of a good team, I was saying that about us earlier in the season so i'd a be a hypocrite to say anything other about Liverpool.

But to say i've been blown away by Liverpool or claim I think they're anything other than average (Which for the record probably says more about the rest of the league barr the top 4 than it does them) and that they are scraping by would be a lie. They are doing what they have to do though and fair play to them.

they're the champions of europe and have lost one game since may 2018. they've not lost a home game for two and a half years. i think you've lost the plot if you try and claim they are anything other than one of the best sides this century. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, manders86 said:

Wow!!  Are you Now 140 yrs old,Now I know where @Cheese dinosauer is to be found..:bounce:

If someone offered me 4th now and out of both cups in the next round I'd take it without hesitation. If we could get Champions League football we might keep this squad together and if we get Champions League football the season after then we're a serious club.

Winning the league or a cup would be amazing this season but we need to get Champions League football at the very least this season or we will lose this team. It's the old adage of one game at a time and see where we end up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

If someone offered me 4th now and out of both cups in the next round I'd take it without hesitation. If we could get Champions League football we might keep this squad together and if we get Champions League football the season after then we're a serious club.

Winning the league or a cup would be amazing this season but we need to get Champions League football at the very least this season or we will lose this team. It's the old adage of one game at a time and see where we end up. 

My priorities for this season:

1. Champions League

2. Champions League

3. Champions League

• Like 1