Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hack

The top 4.

It is pretty clear that the current top 4 will be the top 4 at the end of the season.  I know it is only a 1/3 the way through but the gap between them and the rest is huge and when you consider the quality of play of Liverpool, Us, Man City and Chelsea it is almost impossible to see how the current leaders don't stay in Champions Cup place.  Now can we challenge Pool for the title.  I don't see why not.

It’s on. What is impressing me so far is the fact that not only is vardy on fire but the Midfield is weighing in with plenty of goals too. In fact of our settled starting eleven Evans is the only outfield player not to have got on the scoresheet yet. This is a hallmark of a top side. Add to this the tightest defence in the league and you have the recipe for a real challenge

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hack said:

It is pretty clear that the current top 4 will be the top 4 at the end of the season.  I know it is only a 1/3 the way through but the gap between them and the rest is huge and when you consider the quality of play of Liverpool, Us, Man City and Chelsea it is almost impossible to see how the current leaders don't stay in Champions Cup place.  Now can we challenge Pool for the title.  I don't see why not.

There’s nothing clear about the top four come May. We are in a good position, injuries to one of as many as four to five players would worry me as does our ability to deal with Decembers fixture list. 9 points is nothing.

It’s a game to game thing for me, with the overall view if we qualify for Europe be it via league or cup we’ve had a good season which we can build on with our young squad who will only get better. Should we manage top four it’s an excellent one, and I don’t think we are anywhere near city or Liverpool so will not be concerning myself with the title race until I see something that suggests they’ll both give us enough of an opening to take advantage of.

• Like 2

Arsenal and Tottenham still have the firepower to mount a big run (no one else really worries me), and we are indeed vulnerable to a Vardy injury.  I suspect if that happened Perez would slide up to #9 and Praet/Gray would split time in midfield, and we'd still be very good.  But it's way too early to book tickets for the CL.  Europe?  yeah, that's happening - but CL is still in play if we falter at all.

2 hours ago, Hack said:

Such an idiotic statement. A couple of injuries or Rodgers goes and we're a midtable side again. Stunning, stupid arrogance, have you only supported us since 2015?

1 hour ago, manders86 said:

The 15/16 season felt so stressful week after week, wondering if we could do it. I felt like I was almost willing the season to end. 

Instead of worrying about the title, top 4, top 6 this season I'm determined to enjoy this, we are amazing and it feels sustainable and that is amazing. These are the best days of 135 years. Let that sink in! 

That's exactly how I feel.

15/16 felt like a one off. At the time like it was our one and only chance. 

I got quite stressed just hoping to win every game and stay in contention. I got to the point where I was just desperate that we’d still be in with a chance come the last game of the season.

I’ve said to people I forgot to enjoy it and if we ever had a really decent team again I’d just enjoy the ride - knowing that in my lifetime we’d done it once already. So that’s what I’m determined to do! 

• Like 3

One game at a time, feet on the ground, etc.

But on those around us:

I've said for a long time Liverpool really aren't anything special, when i've watched them they've been bang average for quite a while it seems, I've not sat there and thought 'wow, what a team'. Man City are 'struggling', poor Pep's got abit of an injury crisis brewing and need more players to stockpile, bless.

Granted no-ones managed to get close to them in a while but I think that says alot about the rest of the league, I mentioned it the other week, If Liverpool win the league will everyone have the opinion no-one turned up (Apart from the top 4) like they when we won the league? Will they fuck.

Think you have to watch Chelsea as much it pains me to say also, alhough if they do get this transfer ban overturned and go on a spending spree I think that could be detrimental, cause problems, upset things, actually make Lampard's job harder and hopefully cause them to tail off.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What exactly would Liverpool have to do to convince you? Almost winning the league and winning the Champions League last season doesn’t tell you being undefeated after 11 matches is no fluke?

Doing what they are doing is a sign of a good team, I was saying that about us earlier in the season so i'd a be a hypocrite to say anything other about Liverpool.

But to say i've been blown away by Liverpool or claim I think they're anything other than average (Which for the record probably says more about the rest of the league barr the top 4 than it does them) and that they are scraping by would be a lie. They are doing what they have to do though and fair play to them.

Edited by Matt

7 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Lets go for the title we have nothing to lose the worst case scenario is we come up short and finish 4th oh well lol

As opposed to what? It’s like fans don’t realise that attempting to win the games is what we set out for already 😂

I think the experienced heads in the dressing room will be key too. Vards, Fuchs, Morgan, schmeichel, Albrighton. They've actually kept a lid on it before and kept going. We probably won't win it but they know to take one game at a time and the feeling that builds

Remember, we only lost in the 95th minute to Liverpool at anfield by penalty and lost to United at Old Trafford to a penalty. drew with Chelsea at the Bridge so all of them have to come and play us at home, where we have looked almost unbeatable.  So Man City twice will be the big test.  

Yes injury to any team is an unknown not just us.  Vardy is the one player we have difficulty having depth and quality to cover.  Almost anyone else we have very good to excellent cover.  But saying injury is the threat to us staying in the top 4 suggests that you don't think the same to the other 3.  Take salah or mane out for a extended period and what does that do to Liverpool?  Aguero, De Bruyne  for Man City.  All just as critical as our top players.