Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Who might we lose in January?

Sad to say Albrighton days here at the King Power is probably numbered he's not featured much under Rodgers by the looks of things it's not likely to happen much either. I don't think anyone will be leaving in January, but Albrighton going out on loan may likely be possible. Marc's point perhaps he fancies another crack at Villa, as I think didn't quite go to plan for him just before he left. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Sad 1

No way is Albrighton already leaving the club now, not with a Top Four to Top Six finish looming.

I'm sure he will leave for Villa - one day.

He's worth much more to us than attributed to him. You can't just field a team of 22-year olds and expect to win things, experience is also vital.

Albrighton has played in Europe and his skill will prove invaluable to us.

What's the status with Matty James? I do hope he's able to play again (and not becoming victim of yet another injury). Latest reports give a glimmer of hope:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-matty-james-been-helping-3565157

Nampalys Mendy could probably use a loan spell to gain match practice and as a preventive measure if we should place him on a transfer next summer.

Same goes for Jakupovic. Third goalkeeper is a thankless job (I'm sure he makes a lot of money, though), yet he's made it clear he doesn't like his situation on a sportive level on a few occasions.

Plus Daniel Amartey.

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

What's the status with Matty James? I do hope he's able to play again (and not becoming victim of yet another injury). Latest reports give a glimmer of hope:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-matty-james-been-helping-3565157

Nampalys Mendy could probably use a loan spell to gain match practice and as a preventive measure if we should place him on a transfer next summer.

Same goes for Jakupovic. Third goalkeeper is a thankless job (I'm sure he makes a lot of money, though), yet he's made it clear he doesn't like his situation on a sportive level on a few occasions.

Plus Daniel Amartey.

Both out of contract this summer, if we’re to make anything out of them they’ll have to be sold in January 

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Both out of contract this summer, if we’re to make anything out of them they’ll have to be sold in January 

Well James, Amartey and Mendy all need to go sadly. I know peeps will think that’s harsh but it’s ruthlessness with reason as they don’t really fit in anymore or have roles in the side going forward.

I didn’t think James contract was up this summer? Edit apologies you were on a bout Jakupoooovic.

I’d like to sell them all rather than lose them on a free but if I was the player I’d probably be holding out now for a golden handshake from my next club.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well James, Amartey and Mendy all need to go sadly. I know peeps will think that’s harsh but it’s ruthlessness with reason as they don’t really fit in anymore or have roles in the side going forward.

I didn’t think James contract was up this summer?

I’d like to sell them all rather than lose them on a free but if I was the player I’d probably be holding out now for a golden handshake from my next club.

It’s not harsh it’s reality

None of them are good enough

Enough of all this Amartey this and Amartey that

He’s bang average

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not harsh it’s reality

None of them are good enough

Enough of all this Amartey this and Amartey that

He’s bang average

But but but but he’s only 21 and could be a CB or a 3rd choice CDM.....

:nigel:

• Haha 1

Woodward holds ‘bargaining chip’ as Man Utd eye £170m pair

Date published: Wednesday 11th December 2019 8:58

Ed Woodward Manchester United

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward holds a ‘bargaining chip’ as he looks to convince Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and Leicester City’s James Maddison to join the club, according to reports.

The English duo have been heavily linked with moves to Old Trafford over the last 12 months with United looking to bring in young and hungry players.

Maddison has been awesome for Leicester this season as they have marched into second place in the Premier League table, while Sancho has nine goals and nine assists from just 16 starts in the Bundesliga and Champions League.

Reports have notched up in the last few weeks say that Sancho could leave Dortmund after the 19-year-old was left out of the squad by Lucien Favre last month, who cited “a disciplinary measure” adding that “everything else will remain internal”.

Dortmund will reportedly ask for around £100m for Sancho, while the figure to bring Maddison in has been rumoured to be set at £70m.

And the Daily Express claims the English duo ‘are interesting the Red Devils with the January window now on the horizon’.

The report adds that ‘Woodward might, just might, have a way of luring them to Old Trafford’.

They refer to a ‘bargaining chip’ at his disposal in their headline, which turns out is their vacant, but iconic, No 7 shirt.

The Daily Express think walking in the footsteps of some of United’s greats could be a pull for the pair, the report continues: ‘it’s something that could be theirs if they make the move to Old Trafford’.

It is claimed that the No 7 shirt could ‘prove decisive in any transfer pursuit’.

• Haha 2