Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Who might we lose in January?

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but I always thought the well-worn lingo around transfers of 'get rid' was unnecessarily derisive. Not every player works out at every club, but talking about them as if they're spoiled food which needs to be thrown away is emblematic of the worse parts of entitled fandom. 

I hope the fringe guys are found better places (Mendy back to France or elsewhere in the PL, Matty James to the Championship or lower PL) to either prove their value or help clear the wagebook here. It doesn't have to be personal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Newspapers are mostly only read by old people anyway and are going the way of the dodo. Please don't quote them on here. Rodgers will not allow any important player to leave this club while they are under contract nor will we be able to buy any in form player from another club without paying a fortune so the speculation is pointless.

And that’s the problem because tomorrow I’m going to have to explain it’s a load of bullshit to my mrs’ old man who will be convinced we’re selling our 2 centre backs.

I have read all posts in this topic,can understand the various separate thoughts and ideas. Even those I might heavily disagree still have solid valuations.but many still forget with only 12 games gone and still the rest of an hard season in front of us,seem blind to some real highly possible  injury hits we might take..Yes our title season,we were practically injury free..and Ranieri played safe so well he could,by not Tinkering..!!

Now we have a larger group of fringe players and higher individual quality..

Except Vardy's position..

CB because of Benkovic injury it's a worry,but with Morgan,then flexable Amartey,maybe Ndidi and at a push,Fuchs,maybe better off than 2015/16..

Wingers/wingback..no immediate pressure.

Across the whole midfield,no major problem...

But even after all that ,we seem to want to dive without too much logical after thought into throwing players out on loan...Man.city ,present day L'pool,Chelsea have recognised their non-playing fringe players,who might just get on the bench,but over the last seasons will know some just have to grin & bare it..They won't send potential immediate first team players out on loan.They keep their cache..That why they are still getting results in all competitions...Manutd,Spurs,Arsenal- of now and under Wenger,too easily sent their "nearly" men out on loan,and discovered suddenly after form-loss,or 2-4 major,or just irritating injuries,they had/have an empty and bare quality/experience/PL-capable locker..

We take 3 big injuries,plus a couple with niggling injuries and any of our still wanna-bes like Mendy,Nacho,Benkovic,Amartey/Leshabela/Choudhury are out on loan.We have no fallback or cover with quality and who can more than hold their own for

3-6 games. It's not just the individual positions and that extra quality those automatic 1st teamers have,but those fringe players named have the Leicester-way, and Rodger's routines,for the just in case possibility..!!

Because that what the Top teams really do,the others teams including Leicester of old,just waffle on the thought but hardly practice the serious side of it.Often simply not having the player resources..We are ourselves not completely there,but I am sure Rodgers will know and be sure what to do if Vardy takes a big hit...Plus someone might just suprisingly step up...and throw his guantlet into the room(field)

Barnes/Gray..for example..

We don't want to really think about it...but..!!

It's not beyond any pre-forethought,that

a scenario of losing for example.....

Vardy, Evans,Tielemans,or 

Maddison,Tielemans,Ndidi, won't of been calculated...

It's not just the then chosen fringe players,that come in for a long run of games,but who replaces them on the bench who can and understand the Rodgers ideology and mesh immediately with teammates,when called on from the bench...

If the wrong part of that cache is out on loan...one is up the creek without the prevetbial paddle ...To keep that pressure on the teams ambitions,and on the top 5 competing opponents..!!!

It's now a different story,we are not just happy in the PL happy to chase down & 

Lingure around positions 8-14th accepting our previous older ambitions.

We have smelt & tasted blood our new era has brought us ambitions of lofty hights,and hopefully higher consistent levels...Sending our proven PL quality fringe players out on loan is IMO not a luxury funny enough we can now not afford,or we have to be selective and wise.. Loans are not such an easy option has one previously would of easily taken..Mendy..Amartey,Leshabela,might be not just called upon,but needed quicker than one expects...

We from the terraces  have to be more thoughtfull and prudent,before we demand the needs/ideas for loans...

Man.city can carry Bruyne,Aguero..loss ,

Irreplaceable,but still get results without both of them...We ain't got the financial clout..so in our case realise the positive reality of players like Mendy,Amartey,and use Gray by recognosing what Rodgers has done for his case.. We need this type of player,we can't afford to have top quality proven players,unsettling the squad when they find they have few chances for regular game-time...

For cup expectations,we need a gamble and a mix n pic mentality...We,ve taken the easy choice of Justin..Fuchs for this season only.,but it would be good not only to see Nacho grab his chance,but 1-2 academy starlets to be thrown in..

Or we have had a taste of seeing Leshabela give him a responsible role against Everton,with experience around him...!!  For the run-in after middle of January we might need him,or some other,we unwisely  send out on loan..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

No one is going to leave. Look at what's happened to all the stars that have left us in recent season. Mahrez = bench, Maguire is struggling, Drinkwater is no where to be seen. These are examples that the grass is not always greener on the other side with us more able to compete on finances.

I think we are the perfect club for young and up and coming talent to develop their career as we give chances that the other big clubs wouldn't. Also in a few years, we will have one of the best training facilities in the world, to continue to develop our players into top, top players. Coupled with having a manager who is tactically astute and a great man manager, why would anyone want to leave us?

4 hours ago, shailen said:

No one is going to leave. Look at what's happened to all the stars that have left us in recent season. Mahrez = bench, Maguire is struggling, Drinkwater is no where to be seen. These are examples that the grass is not always greener on the other side with us more able to compete on finances.

I think we are the perfect club for young and up and coming talent to develop their career as we give chances that the other big clubs wouldn't. Also in a few years, we will have one of the best training facilities in the world, to continue to develop our players into top, top players. Coupled with having a manager who is tactically astute and a great man manager, why would anyone want to leave us?

Though I agree in part, not totally

Genuinely can’t see Mendy, Amartey, James getting game time under Brendan

For the good of their careers they should leave, at least on loan.

I see on here yet again people stating that Amartey and Mendy are good enough for a ‘lower Prem team’

I can’t see it personally. I imagine Mendy returning to France and Big Dan back to Copenhagen for example.

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I have read all posts in this topic,can understand the various separate thoughts and ideas. Even those I might heavily disagree still have solid valuations.but many still forget with only 12 games gone and still the rest of an hard season in front of us,seem blind to some real highly possible  injury hits we might take..Yes our title season,we were practically injury free..and Ranieri played safe so well he could,by not Tinkering..!!

Now we have a larger group of fringe players and higher individual quality..

Except Vardy's position..

CB because of Benkovic injury it's a worry,but with Morgan,then flexable Amartey,maybe Ndidi and at a push,Fuchs,maybe better off than 2015/16..

Wingers/wingback..no immediate pressure.

Across the whole midfield,no major problem...

But even after all that ,we seem to want to dive without too much logical after thought into throwing players out on loan...Man.city ,present day L'pool,Chelsea have recognised their non-playing fringe players,who might just get on the bench,but over the last seasons will know some just have to grin & bare it..They won't send potential immediate first team players out on loan.They keep their cache..That why they are still getting results in all competitions...Manutd,Spurs,Arsenal- of now and under Wenger,too easily sent their "nearly" men out on loan,and discovered suddenly after form-loss,or 2-4 major,or just irritating injuries,they had/have an empty and bare quality/experience/PL-capable locker..

We take 3 big injuries,plus a couple with niggling injuries and any of our still wanna-bes like Mendy,Nacho,Benkovic,Amartey/Leshabela/Choudhury are out on loan.We have no fallback or cover with quality and who can more than hold their own for

3-6 games. It's not just the individual positions and that extra quality those automatic 1st teamers have,but those fringe players named have the Leicester-way, and Rodger's routines,for the just in case possibility..!!

Because that what the Top teams really do,the others teams including Leicester of old,just waffle on the thought but hardly practice the serious side of it.Often simply not having the player resources..We are ourselves not completely there,but I am sure Rodgers will know and be sure what to do if Vardy takes a big hit...Plus someone might just suprisingly step up...and throw his guantlet into the room(field)

Barnes/Gray..for example..

We don't want to date think about it...but

It's not beyond any pre-forethought,that

a scenario of losing for example.....

Vardy, Evans,Tielemans,or 

Maddison,Tielemans,Ndidi, won't of been calculated...

It's not just the then chosen fringe players,that come in for a long run of games,but who replaces them on the bench who can and understand the Rodgers ideology and mesh immediately with teammates,when called on from the bench...

If the wrong part of that cache is out on loan...one is up the creek without the prevetbial paddle ...To keep that pressure on the teams ambitions,and on the top 5 competing opponents..!!!

It's now a different story,we are not just happy in the PL happy to chase down & 

Lingure around positions 8-14th accepting our previous older ambitions.

We have smelt & tasted blood our new era has brought us ambitions of lofty hights,and hopefully higher consistent levels...Sending our proven PL quality fringe players out on loan is IMO not a luxury funny enough we can now not afford,or we have to be selective and wise.. Loans are not such an easy option has one previously would of easily taken..Mendy..Amartey,Leshabela,might be not just called upon,but needed quicker than one expects...

We from the terraces  have to be more thoughtfull and prudent,before we demand the needs/ideas for loans...

Man.city can carry Bruyne,Aguero..loss ,

Irreplaceable,but still get results without both of them...We ain't got the financial clout..so in our case realise the positive reality of players like Mendy,Amartey,and use Gray by recognosing what Rodgers has done for his case.. We need this type of player,we can't afford to have top quality proven players,unsettling the squad when they find they have few chances for regular game-time...

For cup expectations,we need a gamble and a mix n pic mentality...We,ve taken the easy choice of Justin..Fuchs for this season only.,but it would be good not only to see Nacho grab his chance,but 1-2 academy starlets to be thrown in..

Or we have had a taste of seeing Leshabela give him a responsible role against Everton,with experience around him...!!  For the run-in after middle of January we might need him,or some other,we unwisely  send out on loan..

Development is a hugely

important part of sustaining success. Internal development costs are so much lower than the purchase cost for external players. Can’t forget that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Development is a hugely

important part of sustaining success. Internal development costs are so much lower than the purchase cost for external players. Can’t forget that. 

If I Think of a or our 25 man squad,how many of our internal youngsters,have Burst the banks,and floooded through to the First team.....

Chilwell,Barnes, Choudhury,Lesabela(on the fringe) the other Youngsters were brought & bought in...!!

19 hours ago, shailen said:

££££££££££££££££££££ 

We hope and expect none of the first eleven for January. Why would they go? Bar at Man Utd only the defenders would likely be starters in the big six teams.

I’d expect Nacho, Mendy and possibly Albrighton of the squad to be candidates for a January move.

I feel that Madders and Chilwell would be most vulnerable over the summer especially with good performances in Euro 2020 

As far as who holds the whip hand in our transfers it's the club. Nothing to worry about this summer and even next summer I'm sure Gray and Evans will be happy to sign up. All our top young talent is contracted for at least another 3.5 years. 

Rudkin has got his job by the balls. :D

Jakupovic, Fuchs, Morgan, Mendy

Evans, Gray

Albrighton, James, Vardy, Ward, Amartey, Iheanacho

Schmeichel, Ricardo, Perez, Tielemans, Benkovic, Maddison, Soyuncu, Choudhury

Praet, Ndidi, Chilwell, Barnes, Justin

Mid-season panic buying the starting centre backs from a financially wealthy club that are serious contenders to play in the Champions League next season. I genuinely think it would cost someone more than £100 million to realistically take Soyuncu from us in January given his form and our circumstances. Similar sentiment for Maddison, Ndidi, Chilwell, Pereira etc - given how much they also seem to love it here I think we'll only get rid of the players we really don't want to keep hold of. Good chance we'll get something for Slim, Silva and Mendy. 

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Mid-season panic buying the starting centre backs from a financially wealthy club that are serious contenders to play in the Champions League next season. I genuinely think it would cost someone more than £100 million to realistically take Soyuncu from us in January given his form and our circumstances. Similar sentiment for Maddison, Ndidi, Chilwell, Pereira etc - given how much they also seem to love it here I think we'll only get rid of the players we really don't want to keep hold of. Good chance we'll get something for Slim, Silva and Mendy. 

We won't sell. Not for 100, 200, 500M or 1 Billion.

That's a team that can be in the CL next year, I'd say we're not going to lose anyone of them in the summer let alone in january.