Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Who might we lose in January?

If we do not get any serious offers for Mendy he will be off on a free in the summer, so i think we will definitely be trying to get some sort of deal done, there was plenty of speculation in respect of a move back to France last summer. other than that and possibly a couple of loans for fringe/development players i just don't see us being interested in letting anyone go. Next summer will be the challenge of not just keeping our terrific squad together but looking to bring in reinforcements and improvements in one or two key areas. One of these probably being a quality wide player, which sadly may well mean that Albrighton, or Gray, might see his future elsewhere and i for one would be sad to see the former go, but that is the nature of football and we have to move on. 

On 15/11/2019 at 03:06, ozleicester said:

I can see a few of our squad looking for more action and game time, we've talked about how we might strengthen, but maybe we will lose a few as well?

Amartey - Good enough to claim a spot in mid/lower prem teams

Albrighton - (i love him) but if we bring in another winger...his minutes will be severely limited

Demari - good enough to be a starter at a lot of clubs

Mendy - See Amartey

Matty James - maybe finally fit enough to get a run in the championship

Kaputska -  dont know enough.. but must be a long way from our squad?

Wiil the (formerly) big teams come in for Maddison and Chillwell in January... i don think so and i doubt they would go then.

Really don't want to lose Marc or Dimmy

loan out amartey, iheanacho and benkovic for some game time

sell mendy

maybe sell james if fit but could be third choice cm

if we were to get a big offer for gray, sell him

Edited by NasPb

46 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Do we consider Jeff Schlupp important ? He went in January I think 

I'm not sure. I can't remember if he was starting regularly when he was sold. I suppose I should have asked when was the last time we lost someone in Jan who was usually in the first XI at the time.

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Can't see us losing anyone in January but worried about a few in the Summer.

I think Champions league football is key if we don’t qualify for that then I can see the likes of Ricardo and co leaving.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I've heard that Marc Albrighton could be leaving Leicester on loan in January to rejoin Villa. Anyone can see this happening?

We would probably be signing a winger if this is true or promoting someone from the Under 23s?

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I've heard that Marc Albrighton could be leaving Leicester on loan in January to rejoin Villa. Anyone can see this happening?

I saw something, but it was a few weeks ago on a clickbait site, based on Villa fans saying that should try and get him back, ie Twitter talk. I haven't seen anything from a real journalist.

I am not sure Albrighton would want to switch from being a substitute at a Champions League spot challenging team to fighting for his spot in a relegation battle -- although Villa might get itself out of trouble by the time the window closes, and I could see Rodgers looking to youth as the season grinds on.