Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Who might we lose in January?

The more pertinent question might be who will the media with their love in for all things to do with the so-called "big six" and their complete contempt for any other clubs try to sell on our behalf. Sky, Talk Sport and  the  rag newspapers will try for all of the following

Chilwell to Man City or Chelsea

Cags to Man City

Maddison to Man Utd

Ndidi to Liverpool/Arsenal/man City

Ricardo  to any of them they feel he would suit.

You can just see it all coming, oh and the let's try and get Rodgers to a big club whilst we're at it too.

Hopefully we will resist and I certainly wouldn't take a combined figure of less than half a billion, all paid up front, for the five players above. certainly not in January.

• Like 1

Nobody anywhere near the first team will leave. In fact anyone used in what many would consider our second string won't be allowed to leave. So Gray, Albrighton, Fuchs, Ward, Choudhury, even Iheanacho etc will be here until the summer. Those who have fell down the pecking order, might be sold to free up wages if we want to bring anyone in, but it won't be a priority. I can see James, Amartey, Mendy, Slimani and Silva being offloaded if the right bids come in. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho, Amartey and Benkovic.

We'll bring in another centre half and a striker and/or winger

I don't think we'll try replacing Iheanacho in January, we'd get ripped off if we're trying to upgrade. Think we'll stick with what we've got in most areas and use our position we end up in in the summer to attract suitable players. We're not going to get a player with long term aims in mind in January and we don't really need a quick fix.

• Like 3

Amartey and Mendy are good enough for most Prem clubs but have no chance in our first team. Amartey could stay as emergency centre half cover. No one will take James with his injury record. Ian needs first team football but we don't have enough backup strikers to let him go. Gray is improving and changing games so it'd be madness to sell now. I hope we get to see Benk rather than selling him before he plays a match.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Nobody anywhere near the first team will leave. In fact anyone used in what many would consider our second string won't be allowed to leave. So Gray, Albrighton, Fuchs, Ward, Choudhury, even Iheanacho etc will be here until the summer. Those who have fell down the pecking order, might be sold to free up wages if we want to bring anyone in, but it won't be a priority. I can see James, Amartey, Mendy, Slimani and Silva being offloaded if the right bids come in. 

I don't think we'll try replacing Iheanacho in January, we'd get ripped off if we're trying to upgrade. Think we'll stick with what we've got in most areas and use our position we end up in in the summer to attract suitable players. We're not going to get a player with long term aims in mind in January and we don't really need a quick fix.

I think any player that hasn't made a single 1st team appearance in the Prem for us by January will be allowed to leave if we can bring other players in. For example, if we get another CB which seems likely, we won't go with 5 for the rest of the season. Benkovic will be loaned out. Iheanacho, i'm hearing reports he will be allowed out on loan if we bring another striker in but January is notoriously difficult to recruit decent players. Amartey, he needs football which Rodgers has said might mean getting him out on loan when we can.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think any player that hasn't made a single 1st team appearance in the Prem for us by January will be allowed to leave if we can bring other players in. For example, if we get another CB which seems likely, we won't go with 5 for the rest of the season. Benkovic will be loaned out. Iheanacho, i'm hearing reports he will be allowed out on loan if we bring another striker in but January is notoriously difficult to recruit decent players. Amartey, he needs football which Rodgers has said might mean getting him out on loan when we can.

Well that was my point about Iheanacho especially, we'd be unlikely to get an upgrade at the right price in January, so right now he's unlikely to leave. I think anyone who's played in the first team in the league, made the bench or started cup games will be kept, and he falls into that category right now. That's simply down the fact buying in January isn't the best time to get good deals. 

But the others mentioned are nowhere near playing. Mendy especially will be commanding a decent wage to not play any part, so I can see us looking to move him on as a priority. James and Amartey are different as it's down to Rodgers view on them following injury. Slimani and Silva, if offers came in we'd sell, but as they're out on loan we'll probably just be happy with that right now.

Edited by Facecloth

anyone who has played either in the league or the cup is gonna need replacing before they're sold. 

come january we might have a league cup semi and final and a good fa cup run to keep rubbish players like iheanacho busy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ndidi £40 million, Tielemans £45 million, Maddison £50 million, to Spurs, Arsenal, and Man Utd :cry:

If this happens, in fact if any of them go, I will utterly despair.

Not sure what more we could do to hold onto these types of players.

Lets not become Southampton, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reynard said:

The more pertinent question might be who will the media with their love in for all things to do with the so-called "big six" and their complete contempt for any other clubs try to sell on our behalf. Sky, Talk Sport and  the  rag newspapers will try for all of the following

Chilwell to Man City or Chelsea

Cags to Man City

Maddison to Man Utd

Ndidi to Liverpool/Arsenal/man City

Ricardo  to any of them they feel he would suit.

You can just see it all coming, oh and the let's try and get Rodgers to a big club whilst we're at it too.

Hopefully we will resist and I certainly wouldn't take a combined figure of less than half a billion, all paid up front, for the five players above. certainly not in January.

Man City consider Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu

Like clockwork.

The "big 6" (archaic BS term but whatever) aren't gonna poach anyone from us in January, chill out.

In the summer on the other hand, we may need to have our guard up, but I think we'll be in a very strong position if we do get any sort of European football, let alone Champion's League. It could all go tits-up yet, but if we maintain our position then we should be treated as on a par with those clubs. Anyone who finishes top 4 twice in 4 seasons deserves to be talked about in the same breath as the so-called "big boys" and treated as a direct competitor for the caliber of player we're now boasting.

We manage that and build on it with another strong (Europa / UCL) finish next season, and I call us established "top 6" ourselves and we can stop having these stupid arguments about league hierarchy.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Bullshit isn't it? 

Whilst we're at it, when both teams are called "City", don't refer to one as "City". 

"City are fourth - a point behind Leicester and nine behind league-leaders Liverpool - after having injury problems at centre-back and failing to sign a replacement for Vincent Kompany in the summer."

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Newspapers are mostly only read by old people anyway and are going the way of the dodo. Please don't quote them on here. Rodgers will not allow any important player to leave this club while they are under contract nor will we be able to buy any in form player from another club without paying a fortune so the speculation is pointless.

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Interesting question, who will the first of our first team to get picked off?

We've lost one a year recently.

If we get CL we're a closed shop for two more windows after January at least. Depending on which big clubs need players and where they need them, I'd say Ricardo, Maddison, or Tielemans are most likely to leave next.

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

anyone who has played either in the league or the cup is gonna need replacing before they're sold. 

come january we might have a league cup semi and final and a good fa cup run to keep rubbish players like iheanacho busy. 

For LC semis and FA Cup, we will bringing in the first team, surely?