Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Kasper doesn't get credit he deserves - Rodgers

The original King Power jewel in the crown. Was always an amazing shot stopper but his desire to become more of a modern sweeper keeper has benefited us so much, especially before we even realised we needed one and Brendan has definitely realised that from how he wants us to play. 

The talk currently about Vardy and his intelligence to reinvent his game absolutely applies to Kasper just as much for his growth as a player.

When we play out the from the back and the balls get pinged about between him and our defenders, there is absolutely no fear or worry when Kasper receives it.

So not only are we assured in goal and defence, he's a penalty hero and can if needs be, just twat the ball down the other end of the field.

Another one of the our absolute bargain  1 million pound buys we plucked from the from our time in the Championship. 

Turns out they were gems all along. 

Thanks Leeds. You morons. 

Guess Grayson wanted to help his old club out in some way lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Spot on!

Always baffled me the stick he gets on here, especially around his distribution, all I can think is people don't watch any other goalkeepers regularly for a full 90 mins. We really don't appreciate how good we have it with Kasper and I don't know that we will until he's gone.

Not sure about that, the criticism he’s received for his kicking has been well deserved the majority of the time. 

(Much improved this season + last)

Edited by TJB-fox

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was thinking it was just me! Allison has got SO lucky on so many occasions trying to play out from the back. Nearly every game he underhits or misplaces a pass but teams rarely take advantage.

When Allison moved from Roma I saw a thread of Liverpool fans asking Romans what he's like and the comment that stuck with me was "he'll give you a heart attack at least once a game but he never concedes".

Every game he seems to have a mistake or mishit in him but somehow it always works out.

He's definitely improved his distribution in the last 18 months.

He always had a good kick on him but sometimes made too many wrong decisions with it by trying to get us on the move quick he would either put it out of play or straight back into the opposition's hands.

He's improved his short passing but overall his concentration has improved which helps his choice of pass.

His stand out weakness at the moment is control of the 6 yard box on set pieces which I put down to his height. It's not bad but it's not his strength.

That's a compliment when at some point or another I'd say his weakness was distribution and decisions on whether to close down or stay on his line. It means he has improved and continues to do so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He’s a huge player for us. Not only a top class keeper but his character means he is a true leader and players like him and Vardy are a big reason why the performance levels don’t drop. It’s rare in football these days. 

In a few autobiography’s it has been mentioned that a lot of the policing / discipline in the dressing room etc is done by the top pros at the club (ie. Roy Keane / Gerrard - Carra / Terry - Lamps). I think Kasper (and Vards / Morgan) are more vital than we all realise.

• Like 1

I've been going regularly since March 63, never was impressed with Banks, decent keeper but over hyped. Shiltz was the man for me although Wallington was an unsung hero. 

However, in this day and age of fitter and faster forwards, a much quicker, swerving ball, I would say that Kasper is the best keeper we had since 1963. 

He has his faults, but people forget that Banks always had a mistake on him (man city at home FA cup replay 66) and Shiltz who I really loved (was suspect positionally). 

Yes, we have been very lucky to have Kasper in our team and he will surely go down as our most successful keeper. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The best dressing rooms effectively police themselves.

Pearson had a few he trusted to run things and come to him if there was any problem.

Kasper, Morgan, Vardy and King have looked after most stuff down the years.

The better managers embrace it, work with it rather than fight it.

p06q2cqq.jpg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My only problem with Kasper is his inability to really dominate his area. He's far too slow at times just completely getting off his line and shutting something down. 

He's a class shot stopper and a great leader. 

I think he does do that, just maybe not enough. He’s made some unbelievable saves down the years here. I think every keeper has mistakes in them, it’s an impossible position to consistently dominate. As far as the second part goes, the only other keeper in the Premier league era I can think of who lead in the same way he does was his dad. 

Another one that has improved under Rodgers. 

He got stick for his distribution because at times it was awful. Fulham away last year sticks in my mind he just lumped the ball over Chilwell's head and out of play about 20 times in one game.

Maybe that was under instruction and now he has free reign to pick the pass he is happy with and take it.

22 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Don’t think anyone has mentioned it yet but think it’s important, his hair is looking a lot slicker this season.

He's definitely upped his game on the hair front.

Still behind, Chilwell, Perez and Madders when it comes to grooming, but he's a good 4th place this season.

• Like 1