Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Kasper doesn't get credit he deserves - Rodgers

First time I ever saw Rodgers truly happy with his goalkeeper since Swansea with Michel Vorm. All were fine shot stoppers like Mignolet but nothing like Kasper.

With Kasper's ability in the air I expect this Rodgers team to fly even faster than I've ever seen before.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

One thing I don’t get is people constantly going on about Allison’s passing ability. He’s very poor with the ball at his feet and shouldn’t be compared to kasper or Ederson in that area.

Was thinking it was just me! Allison has got SO lucky on so many occasions trying to play out from the back. Nearly every game he underhits or misplaces a pass but teams rarely take advantage.

For me he is at the same level as those players but not quite on a par with his father or Van Der Sar. However, I will say this; he had the burden of carrying that famous surname with him his entire life and to step out of that shadow and to create his own legend is something he doesn’t get enough credit for. It would have been very easy to sit on his laurels and to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle but he worked his way through the leagues to the very top. Also if he ended winning the league twice with Leicester then I think he does deserve to be on the same level as that is such a huge achievement if it happened. Hopefully it does!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

First time I ever saw Rodgers truly happy with his goalkeeper since Swansea with Michel Vorm. All were fine shot stoppers like Mignolet but nothing like Kasper.

With Kasper's ability in the air I expect this Rodgers team to fly even faster than I've ever seen before.

is that a sound bite around the ‘flying’ rather than an observation cos that’s his weakness ........

Wonderful shot stopper. Wonderful leader. Wonderful character.

But I think we all know that his distribution is erratic. Sometimes terrific, sometimes horrific. But then again you could say the same about Ederson, Alisson et al.

His chief weakness for me though is his inability to dominate his six-yard box in a crowded penalty area, notably at corners. Can’t recall whether his dad was better in that aspect of his game.

Still obviously a club legend though!

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, tylesta said:

Is this the longest we have had a number 1 in years ain't it.

Ever since I can remember which is going back to early 90’s no keeper had been out number 1 for more than 5 years. 

Rodgers is right in everything he says though, regardless of what the foxestalj managers will say. 

• Like 1

He's always been really underrated on this forum. Sometimes I wonder what people expect from our players, Maddison and Chilwell are in the same boat.

For me his kicking has always been top class and his shot stopping excellent. He's a GK worthy of a top four team, like we are now. :D

• Like 3

What a fantastic professional he is, with him, Vards and Jonny Evans we have three experienced professionals who all lead by example, making a great mix with our young players. Kasper is a top quality keeper who was unfairly treated on here, to think some wanted him out....I hope he has many more seasons with us! 🦊 

He’s been fantastic in the main for us but has had a few wobbly moments but which top keeper hasn’t . Trying to think which season it was but there was one where he just seemed to constantly get beat by free kicks and his positioning for them and corners was awe full. So much so I used to joke when ever the opposition had a free kick that they would score . That said  the past 2 seasons he’s been awesome and can’t think of a time when I was worried he was going to give a goal away by dropping  a howler 

Edited by baldeagle

Weirdly having less to do this season but by and large is having a very good season. His distribution has improved under Rodgers, that is the most telling aspect. If we continue to play like we do and defend so exceptionally well as a team then Schmeichel's concentration which has been at a high level for some time will measure him as one of the very best in the division.

He's lost a stone and a half in 6 months under Rodgers as well, I wonder what the thought process has been behind that from Kasper and the management staff. Evidently seems to be feeling more focused and agile.

More than 300 appearances over 8 years. Absolutely love the guy. Always thought he's one of our best players whatever Leicester side he's been in.

Up there with Morgan, Vardy and Mahrez as one of the best signings we've ever made.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1