Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
L3n9a

Dennis Praet to Fiorentina

Few murmurings that Fiorentina have held talks with Leicester for Dennis Praet

"The executives of the Fiorentina they flew to London. The goal is Dennis Praet , former midfielder of the Sampdoria , with little space to Leicester City, us (we) know skills"

https://www.tuttitalenti.com/talenti/la-scheda-di-dennis-praet/

Edited by L3n9a
  • Haha 1

I'd be very surprised unless he's demanded a move due to lack of playing time. The club seem to like him, he knew the situation in the squad when he joined, it doesn't fit that six month after signing he'd look to move or we'd look to sell.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd be very surprised unless he's demanded a move due to lack of playing time. The club seem to like him, he knew the situation in the squad when he joined, it doesn't fit that six month after signing he'd look to move or we'd look to sell.

To be fair, a player of his quality can't be sitting on the bench. Maybe backed himself to get in the starting XI.

Problem for him is we haven't even had any injuries this season yet, so he's just not got a look in. 

No chance Youri or Maddison get dropped, only thing I could see is Maddison out wide to bring him in. Rodgers tried it for the final 25 against Brighton. He could have taken off Maddison instead of Barnes.

Edited by L3n9a
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

To be fair, a player of his quality can't be sitting on the bench. Maybe backed himself to get in the starting XI.

Problem for him is we haven't even had any injuries this season yet, so he's just not got a look in. 

He'll get a look in during the Christmas holidays. I refuse to believe he'd leave a team 2nd in the Premier League for a midtable Serie A team. It's not like Praet isn't playing every game. I also doubt Fiorentina can afford him, let alone afford his wages.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
money bit
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

No chance Youri or Maddison get dropped, only thing I could see is Maddison out wide to bring him in. Rodgers tried it for the final 25 against Brighton. He could have taken off Maddison instead of Barnes.

If he's backed himself to make the first team and he's given up on that before then end of November after being kept out by two established players then good riddance to him, we want players prepared to fight for their places. I just don't believe he'd give up that easily.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

He'll get plenty of opportunities over the next couple of years. Maddison and Tielemans aren't going to be machines and it's a near certainty we'll be in Europe next season even if it's only in the Europa.

There's also injuries, suspensions, loss of form, squad rotation, a player being sold, Maddison out wide, etc. He'll get plenty of minutes in the coming seasons. 

He's exactly the type of player the squad needs. He's first replacement for two positions and his quality is such that it's not a significant drop in quality when he plays. BR is on record saying he prefers a smaller but higher quality squad. With Europe coming next season we could do with a benchful of players like Praet and thin the squad out of players who can't even get on the bench or get a game in the cups against lower league opposition. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He'll get plenty of opportunities over the next couple of years. Maddison and Tielemans aren't going to be machines and it's a near certainty we'll be in Europe next season even if it's only in the Europa.

There's also injuries, suspensions, loss of form, squad rotation, a player being sold, Maddison out wide, etc. He'll get plenty of minutes in the coming seasons. 

He's exactly the type of player the squad needs. He's first replacement for two positions and his quality is such that it's not a significant drop in quality when he plays. BR is on record saying he prefers a smaller but higher quality squad. With Europe coming next season we could do with a benchful of players like Praet and thin the squad out of players who can't even get on the bench or get a game in the cups against lower league opposition. 

. that is like saying to Maddison that he will get a chance down the line coming off the bench. 

Praet is quality and to have him on the bench for us is pretty unreal. 

The rumours of Maddison signing a new deal would not have helped the situation, and at his age and ability he should be playing in the first team. 

Telemanns was struggling to get the full 90 minutes and Praet would have believed he was the clear option to replace him. 

A new contract for Maddison seems to have forced him to evaluate and getting out in the January window would at least give him half a season and not have him warming our bench all year. 

I will be disappointed should he choose to go but he has arrived at Leicester in perhaps the worst time considering who we have in our midfield. 

Edited by sacreblueits442

Can’t see this having much truth in it

Highly doubt we would loan him out, and if it is to be a transfer we would want at least what we paid, so probably about £20m, they have only spent more than £10m on a player once in the last 5+ years, they don’t spend much on players

If he is looking to leave, use him in a deal to try and get Chiesa from them

Edited by moore_94

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. that is like saying to Maddison that he will get a chance down the line coming off the bench. 

Praet is quality and to have him on the bench for us is pretty unreal. 

The rumours of Maddison signing a new deal would not have helped the situation, and at his age and ability he should be playing in the first team. 

Telemanns was struggling to get the full 90 minutes and Praet would have believed he was the clear option to replace him. 

A new contract for Maddison seems to have forced him to evaluate and getting out in the January window would at least give him half a season and not have him warming our bench all year. 

I will be disappointed should he choose to go but he has arrived at Leicester in perhaps the worst time considering who we have in our midfield. 

He's started 5 games and came on as sub in 7 games out of the 16 games we've played this season and that's without injuries to either Maddison or Tielemans. I expect him to get plenty of game time in December and even more next season if/when we have European football. 

He's very much an active squad player. 

33 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's started 5 games and came on as sub in 7 games out of the 16 games we've played this season and that's without injuries to either Maddison or Tielemans. I expect him to get plenty of game time in December and even more next season if/when we have European football. 

He's very much an active squad player. 

.. this might come across as a crass comment but he really is too good just to be a squad player. If it was Liverpool, or Man. City perhaps but what I was saying was, if the idea was to replace Maddison and a rumoured new contract is in the offing then I can understand his reluctance to maintain the status quo. He now  has regular call ups for Belgium and will not want to jeopardise his chances. 

Right player, wrong time!! 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. this might come across as a crass comment but he really is too good just to be a squad player. If it was Liverpool, or Man. City perhaps but what I was saying was, if the idea was to replace Maddison and a rumoured new contract is in the offing then I can understand his reluctance to maintain the status quo. He now  has regular call ups for Belgium and will not want to jeopardise his chances. 

Right player, wrong time!! 

We have ambition to reach the level of the teams, or at least close the gap. The project would have been sold to him, he knew he was joining a squad being built for better things in the future.

I would honestly be absolutely gutted if this happened.

When Brendan had had enough on Saturday he brought him on to change the shape and we were miles better.

He brings that second option and every time he has come off the bench we have improved.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would honestly be absolutely gutted if this happened.

When Brendan had had enough on Saturday he brought him on to change the shape and we were miles better.

He brings that second option and every time he has come off the bench we have improved.

He's going nowhere, 25 years old and his contract expires when he's 30. He'll be in and around the team for a while yet and brings proper quality depth to the squad. Choudhury is another one who brings real depth to the squad and you feel if Ndidi is missing he can come in and the team barely misses a beat.

Hopefully Justin and Benkovic prove to be similar standard players in time. 

Players like Praet who maybe aren't quite first team but will play a huge support role in the squad. Also if we find ourselves having to sell a Maddison or Tielemans for whatever reason he can just slot in as proven quality. 

He's been excellent when used for us, we paid a lot of money for him and I'd imagine his wages are decent although not prohibitive to other clubs.

However i can't see why we would allow him to leave and surely Fiorentina don't have the sort of money we would ask for him in Jan.

Also looking short and medium term, short term he will see plenty of game time in dec and jan, medium term there's a hell of a chance we have european football next season there's no way we go into that situation with only 4 midfielders, and why risk buying someone in the summer when you have someone who has already show his quality and has had 12 months to settle.

As people have said it's not like he's getting no game time and every interview or sound bite heard he seems very level headed, accepts the players infront of him are currently playing well and he seems to have a good relationship with youri.

It is daft that we have an absolutely brilliant player that can't get into the team because we have 2 players that are somehow even better that are ahead of him. Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi and Praet are genuinely 4 for of the best (top 20?) midfielders in the league