Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
L3n9a

Dennis Praet to Fiorentina

Does this not demonstrate that talk of just signing players is sometimes easier said than done, who wants to sit on the bench at Leicester city, when people suggest strikers to buy in case Vardy gets injured or as cover for someone, unless they are better than the current crop or 21 / 22 it must be a hard sell. We don't know if Praet is happy with the situation or not and not playing doesn't help his chances of playing in the Euro's that has to be in his mind. We were lucky with Ulloa not every one is happy not playing, in fact we criticise those that leave to join bigger clubs and do the same.

What a load of bollocks. He will have started minimum 16 total by the end of the season and feature in a hell of a lot more. We are pushing for European football next year which will require the 19 man active squad we have now plus a couple more. I doubt he does, but if he wants to leave, he’s going nowhere till the summer at the earliest. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He should play every game over Xmas as a rotation for our entire midfield three. I'd give them all a game off individually and let Dennis cover the one who steps out. 

I think this will happen, plus I expect him to start in the cup games too.

This story is a total non-starter. I'm sure he wants more game time, but it's coming this month, likewise for Hamza. 

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why, its Bollocks of course, or sweetbreads if you will

Yum yum

Balls! How awesome is that. Looks like a nice complement to Rocky Mountain Oysters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2019 at 09:49, L3n9a said:

To be fair, a player of his quality can't be sitting on the bench. Maybe backed himself to get in the starting XI.

Problem for him is we haven't even had any injuries this season yet, so he's just not got a look in. 

No chance Youri or Maddison get dropped, only thing I could see is Maddison out wide to bring him in. Rodgers tried it for the final 25 against Brighton. He could have taken off Maddison instead of Barnes.

They can most definitely be sitting on the bench for a club who wants to push for top 4 and CL.

We need players on the bench that are as good as those in the first 11.

If his expectation when joining us was to be a regular starter then my response is it was probably unrealistic.

46 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They can most definitely be sitting on the bench for a club who wants to push for top 4 and CL.

If his expectation when joining us was to be a regular starter then my response is it was probably unrealistic.

Definitely deserves more game time. But impossible to drop Youri or Madders atm whilst on this run. He'll get more over this month when we have to rotate. 

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

That’s a fair point, but I think we can all agree he is a much better player than anyone was expecting. 

Would be great if we could fit him in. Felt the ball moved a lot faster when he cane on against Watford. 

14 hours ago, L3n9a said:

That’s a fair point, but I think we can all agree he is a much better player than anyone was expecting. 

Would be great if we could fit him in. Felt the ball moved a lot faster when he cane on against Watford. 

I agree. Seen a lot of negative comments about his cameo v Watford but thought we started to strongly dominate the game when he came on. Would’ve been nice if he could have capped off that move with a goal, but just deflected wide. Massive fan of his to be honest, to have a player like this coming off the bench week in week out shows what stage we’re at as a club. We’re THAT club now. The one that we would’ve been jealous of when we were crap.

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I agree. Seen a lot of negative comments about his cameo v Watford but thought we started to strongly dominate the game when he came on. Would’ve been nice if he could have capped off that move with a goal, but just deflected wide. Massive fan of his to be honest, to have a player like this coming off the bench week in week out shows what stage we’re at as a club. We’re THAT club now. The one that we would’ve been jealous of when we were crap.

To be fair i would have just been happy to see someone who could complete a pass during the pleat years...

On 05/12/2019 at 23:30, 80's fox said:

Definitely deserves more game time. But impossible to drop Youri or Madders atm whilst on this run. He'll get more over this month when we have to rotate. 

More than possible to drop Youri, in fact I think we need to drop Youri for his own good, he’s looked leggy in the last two games and it’s unsurprising given he’s played near enough  every game including the league cup and been playing with Belgium. I’d not be surprised if he gets a breather Sunday.

By the time January comes around I imagine Praet will have seen plenty of minutes between the congested league fixtures and cup games and hopefully that’ll be enough to convince all parties concerned it’s worth his while staying here.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 17:46, L3n9a said:

I wouldn't agree with that.  Many (not excluding me) were talking him up as a superb player.

Things are going great at the moment, but a player of Praet's ability not getting much game action is something BR should legitimately be worried about.  You'd like to keep him not just sharp, but motivated.  I still think on balance we're a better side with him on the pitch at the expense of one of the wingers, but Rodgers hasn't been willing to go to that option until the second half (where we've dramatically outperformed what we do with the 11 who've been starting).

• Like 1

Definitely can't see this now, I can see Brendan sticking with the diamond for a while and him getting a good run. 

Unless we then go and buy come quality wingers in January, this looks like the best way to get our best players in one system. 

Might sound harsh on Barnes but Nacho has shown in the last few games already that he's got an end product at this level that he's maybe not ready to produce yet. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Definitely can't see this now, I can see Brendan sticking with the diamond for a while and him getting a good run. 

Unless we then go and buy come quality wingers in January, this looks like the best way to get our best players in one system. 

Might sound harsh on Barnes but Nacho has shown in the last few games already that he's got an end product at this level that he's maybe not ready to produce yet. 

It was Villa...and very shrewd tactically. The diamond formation against Man City and Liverpool would be suicidal.  

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It was Villa...and very shrewd tactically. The diamond formation against Man City and Liverpool would be suicidal.  

I don't particularly agree to be honest. Barnes leaves Chilwell fairly exposed in the 433 as it is, a 41212 diamond can drop in quite quickly to a 4141 with Praet and Tielemans covering the wide midfield positions in front of the full backs. 

It was pretty open today sure but we were happy in that regard. You could play the same system and do so rigidly, sitting in. 

To be honest, defensive shape is less about "formations" and more about the way you want to play. You can park the bus 352, 433, 41212, 442, 4411, 343 if that's what you want. 

• Like 1

Tielemans is the worry in a diamond vs the very best as he's just not quick enough to close off the space that this formation can leave you. That said when he is on the ball in that formation he can be incredible so it's a balancing act. 

• Like 2