Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

He can easily play in a 4-2-3-1 formation, or a 4-4-1-1…. The central attacking player behind the striker need not be a number ten, it could quite easily be a second striker. 

The issue Rodgers has is at the moment, Kelch is our most inform player….. along side Vardy they’re our most threatening players, so he simply HAS to play. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

He's one of the most inform forwards in Europe. Rodgers says the issue is you have to change the system to play him. So? The system we've been playing hasn't exactly been working? Iheanacho has to play. Go 442 or play Iheanacho as a 10, I don't care how but he has to be in the starting 11.

• Thanks 1

Yeh we're in a strange rut right now no where near the height we've reached in terms of playing form during the 1st halves of the last 2 seasons. I really wanna see us play that way because it truly was scintillating and drew praise rightly from the world of football. So, big question is how do we play our way into that Dort of form again. Being who we are I'm never gonna count us out or this season. With JJ coming back, Foffana in the new year and praise to god no more crazy long term injuries to key players we can put a good run together. Teams who have started well will falter in the new year and we can take advantage of that by going full steam ahead. So how do we get there? Maybe Rogers is just trying to manage the situation in his own way. He keeps saying we are not hitting the levels we should (yet). That tells me he knows it's coming just a matter of time. I know its frustrating to watch us suffer like this but we will come good eventually. Regarding Nacho I agree Rogers needs to put him back in the starting lineup let him impact the game with goals than where the scoreline is out of sight he can take him off and shut things down defensively. Right now we need points on the table so we can keep up with everyone else. Time for the entire team to raise their game there has been enough wake up calls and hopefully Burnley was the last one.

On 26/09/2021 at 11:17, matty98 said:

He's one of the most inform forwards in Europe. Rodgers says the issue is you have to change the system to play him. So? The system we've been playing hasn't exactly been working? Iheanacho has to play. Go 442 or play Iheanacho as a 10, I don't care how but he has to be in the starting 11.

Exactly. I'm a staunch 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-1-1 man but we've been a mess this season and yet about 80% of our goals have come when Iheanacho has been on the pitch and/or been directly involved in them. He simply has to play, the only question is what is the best personnel to play with him but he is our most important player right now.

• Like 1

His turn on the half way line created the space for the winner at Norwich as well. 

I've been a bit critical of him in the past but he's turning into the player we all hoped we'd signed from Man City, and full credit to him for that. 

Have to find a way of getting him into the side or at least more than a few late sub appearances 

• Like 1