Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

18 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Nothing we already don't know, he is shit for us.

But we need him to perform, let's all pray to the gods, sacrifice whatever animals or maidens we need to to ensure we still continue to win.

Some people don’t as they seem to compare him to when Ulloa stepped up.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Some people don’t as they seem to compare him to when Ulloa stepped up.

Ulloa had other qualities, he was a target.man and also a threat at set pieces.  With the amount of corners we have had, im sure  he would have taken advantage.

Also Ulloa was playing with a crapper set of players

Genuinely think Nacho will be a bit better for playing for 2-3 weeks, he will then be more useful when Europa resumes, to rest Vardy, as and when required, he was good in Europa because he was able to get 3-4 games in a row, he was rusty at Palace as he hadn't played for like 2 months. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Iheanacho is a very good finisher, especially in and around the 6 yard box.  The issue is that the team need to play in a way that creates more chances for him.  We have been spoilt by having Vardy who can produce something out of nothing and turn half chances into goals.

You can't take Vardy out and replace him with Iheanacho and expect him to perform in the same way and privide the same return, they are two entirely different players.

A small change in style and Iheanacho will be more prolific.

A very good finisher?

what would you say Kane and Aguero are?

For a player that averages 1 in every 9 league goals here and 1in 6 in his career.

I’m not not he could be described as a very good finisher.

Like a lot of people I have wanted him to to well throughout his time here, but 4 seasons in and he hasn’t really progressed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Please stop misusing the statistics. Goals per game is misleading, especially in Nacho's case, where in many of these games he's been subbed on for 10-15 minutes. Please use minutes instead.

Nacho has played 2,973 minutes in the Premier League for Leicester, which equates to about 33 full games (or a season's worth of football for most first-team regulars). He's got 9 goals and 9 assists in those minutes. A few more goals would be nice, but that really isn't a bad return for the minutes he's played.

And as you say when a lot of those minutes are 10-15 minutes as the end of games then it becomes less likely he'll add to that total as he's not getting consistent long run outs to get into games. You could almost knock, at a guess 30% of those minutes off as wasted because he being brought on to see out games.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Please stop misusing the statistics. Goals per game is misleading, especially in Nacho's case, where in many of these games he's been subbed on for 10-15 minutes. Please use minutes instead.

Nacho has played 2,973 minutes in the Premier League for Leicester, which equates to about 33 full games (or a season's worth of football for most first-team regulars). He's got 9 goals and 9 assists in those minutes. A few more goals would be nice, but that really isn't a bad return for the minutes he's played.

Could also be said that his minutes are likely against weaker opponents. There was a time I thought nacho given a run  may be lethal, and that he was a confidence player and could come good, but i don't know, he just seems slow and not very good. It's a bit like Gray, I'll support him whilst he's a Leicester player but needs to be moved on imo 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And as you say when a lot of those minutes are 10-15 minutes as the end of games then it becomes less likely he'll add to that total as he's not getting consistent long run outs to get into games. You could almost knock, at a guess 30% of those minutes off as wasted because he being brought on to see out games.

Can he last a full 90 minutes?..

Always looks slow and cumbersome even when he comes on for 20 minutes!

• Like 2

Just now, weller54 said:

Can he last a full 90 minutes?..

Always looks slow and cumbersome even when he comes on for 20 minutes!

I would have said a year ago, yes, but maybe not now, he does seem to have lost some natural fitness. But we're talking overall record, and that won't have been help but playing 10-15 minutes every few weeks.

Posters Keep rabbitting on about past statistics over Peres & Nacho...

That now has to be forgotten, pushed aside...From Tomorrow for the Next few weeks is where our Next Phase begins..

We have the players that we have...Rodgers has to use the squad has it is...!!

If you cant Face it, go for nice walks, or buy a bigger Sofa..!!

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Could also be said that his minutes are likely against weaker opponents. There was a time I thought nacho given a run  may be lethal, and that he was a confidence player and could come good, but i don't know, he just seems slow and not very good. It's a bit like Gray, I'll support him whilst he's a Leicester player but needs to be moved on imo 

People are entitled to think Nacho isn't up to it and needs moving on. It is a forum for opinions after all. What annoys me is people manipulating the statistics, like some shitehouse government spin-doctor, to give a misleading interpretation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

26 games/19 sub appearances 

for Man City who were the top scorers in the league that season.

ulloa 11 in 37 for a team that were 12th highest scorers in the league and were bottom until April and had won 4 games all season up until that point.

that season for Nacho was clearly an outlier as he has only ever managed 9 league goals in 81 appearances here

If Ade Akinbiyi was a flop in a team not half as good as this one with 11/58

what does it say about Nachos time

What it doesn't tell you is the full story.

Of those 81 league appearances he has only started 30 and I would imagine he was subbed off in a lot of those.

I'm not a fan by any means but that stat is very misleading.

• Like 1

Statistics mean nothing for Iheanacho's Leicester career.  You can't go on about goal ratios for a player whose appearances are, for the most part, limited to 10-15 minutes here and there.  I can't remember the last time he played 180 consecutive minutes!  

Much fairer to judge him after 5 or 6 full games in a row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I said appearances 

points still stands 

Ulloa played less minutes in the 14/15 (2500) season and got 11 goals in a poor side that were losing most weeks.

When Ulloa  was needed  to cover for Vardy the following season. I don’t think there was the same dread, because he was a competent option.

You have to ask your self why nacho has had such limited game time with 4 managers.

Who’s fault is it he plays 10-15 mins at a time?

It’s not all down to Vardys form.

I think in the next few weeks if he does get the nod and doesn't perform, he's finished here. How log does he have left on his contract anyway?

I think he's not a bad player and yes the stats are misleading, he rarely starts league games, gets subbed off if he does and only comes off the bench for about 20 mins, it's hard to perform consistently when this is the game time you get. 

He can finish, holds the ball up well etc. My concern is similar to Perez, he doesn't quite fit the Leicester city mould. The thing I hate the most is the greedyness, can't stand that of any player, when you think of vardy, barnes, albrighton, maddison you know that if there is a pass on or even retaining possession they will do it, nacho seems to think he can dribble past 3 players and bury it when vardy is unmarked. 

I do think he's the sort of player that needs it on a plate, I remember sometimes when he scored for man city, their more skillful players would do all the hard work and he would just finish. Maybe we need to play more like that because theres no point trying to play a through ball hoping he beats the offside trap or a ball over the top, he ain't got the pace or agility for that. I think its playing ball to feet letting him hold it up and try to shake the defender.

Now slimani is off the wage bill I think the club need to invest in a young up and coming striker that can play a similar role to vardy.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

I said appearances 

points still stands 

Ulloa played less minutes in the 14/15 (2500) season and got 11 goals in a poor side that were losing most weeks.

When Ulloa  was needed  to cover for Vardy the following season. I don’t think there was the same dread, because he was a competent option.

You have to ask your self why nacho has had such limited game time with 4 managers.

Which is misleading. Use minutes.

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I said appearances 

points still stands 

No, but it is all down to Vardy. They way we play has long been to make use of Jamie’s talents. Kel was a bad choice (no idea why we bought him) but to expect a good return by dropping him into what was a Vardy focused team was always going to be a unreasonable ask.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I said appearances 

points still stands 

And Vardy scored 5 goals all season that season, but we don't talk about that.

Fickle bunch, us Leicester fans.