Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Nacho may as well just ask to have his contract terminated. Hes known his whole Leicester career hes been behind Vardy. Then vardy gets injured and he still doesnt get a sniff of action. He must be seriously shit in training for Brendan to be picking Perez over him. I dont necessarily think Perez is a dreadful player, I just think he was an odd signing. Hes not a winger and not a natural striker, hes like a second striker, Okazaki kind of player which is a position that doesnt exist in Brendan's system. We've all said for a while that our attacking options are very limited for a team trying to make top 4. We are as good as most teams in midfield and defence (apart from today) but our attacking options are so much weaker than the other teams around us  

27 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Start him. He deserves a shot at a run of games to stake his claim after watching Perez stink out the place again. Come on Kelechi, we’re all backing you. 

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Has to start this evening, give him his opportunity and see if he takes it.

Are we on about the same bloke we have seen all season, problem is he has started  games this season or come on as a sub, and tbf he has been absolutely useless, before the Leeds game most agreed perez was the better option, now nacho is going to be the knight in shinning armour, if it’s the same nacho I have seen this season I think not! It shows how desperate we need a back up for vardy, Perez and nacho are both poor replacements! 

• Like 1

The issue with both Perez and Kelechi is that they aren’t vardy and never will be.

Perez wasn’t as bad as people are making out on Sunday, he wasn’t good but there were worse players. (Maddison for one)

kelechi has been better when he’s played 2 or 3 games in a row, it’s so difficult to come into a side knowing it doesn’t really matter what happens bards will get in.

5 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Are we on about the same bloke we have seen all season, problem is he has started  games this season or come on as a sub, and tbf he has been absolutely useless, before the Leeds game most agreed perez was the better option, now nacho is going to be the knight in shinning armour, if it’s the same nacho I have seen this season I think not! It shows how desperate we need a back up for vardy, Perez and nacho are both poor replacements! 

That is true but that was before we tried it.   

We've tried it now and it hasn't been pretty.  That means plan B or something more leftfield I suppose.

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

That is true but that was before we tried it.   

We've tried it now and it hasn't been pretty.  That means plan B or something more leftfield I suppose.

But we tried ihenacho against Palace and he was waaay worse than perez has been in the past two games, he single handedly cost us 2 points. Perez isnt good enough either but at least his failures were against a 10 man defensive block and Leeds best performance of the season as opposed to Palace who were utter garbage in that first half. Nachos repeated failures dont deserve another start.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

He was poor against palace but he only ever gets a single game to perform which is really hard for any player. He deserves a few games now to prove himself. He can’t do any worse than Perez. Give the lad a chance and get behind him. It doesn’t help with everyone comparing him to Vardy every chance he gets. He on to a loser for the get go. Get behind him because we certainly need a striker at the minute and he’s the next best thing we have in the squad. 

26 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

But we tried ihenacho against Palace and he was waaay worse than perez has been in the past two games, he single handedly cost us 2 points. Perez isnt good enough either but at least his failures were against a 10 man defensive block and Leeds best performance of the season as opposed to Palace who were utter garbage in that first half. Nachos repeated failures dont deserve another start.

Yeah, Nacho was pretty awful against Palace.  The thing with Nacho is that he often looks kinda awful or clumsy but can come away with a goal or assist.  In other words he carries more of a threat than Perez who has had 3 or 4 games up front now and looked pretty anonymous, lightweight and lacking any kind of threat.

Neither option is great. 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

He deserve a chance. He is our designated striker and have done plenty for us in the past.

OK, maybe he hasn't delivered lately but players can have ups and downs.

Guys remember, we were all discussing about Madders viability for the Liecester beginning of this season as almost half of us thought that we should get rid of him soon so given the chance, I believe Nacho will deliver.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, Nacho was pretty awful against Palace.  The thing with Nacho is that he often looks kinda awful or clumsy but can come away with a goal or assist.  In other words he carries more of a threat than Perez who has had 3 or 4 games up front now and looked anonymous, lightweight and lacking any kind of threat whatsoever.

Neither option is great.  If I said we have an embarrassment of riches I' think I would be half right.

I think nacho certainly seems to get more chances than perez but hes far more likely to stick the ball into the stands or kick it against his own face than score! I think the reason I prefer perez in the role is that I feel he would be more likely to finish if the chance arose but he hasnt got the chances partly due to his own limitations in the past two games. Understandable against Evertons 2 banks of 5 but less so against Leeds. The best thing to do is prob play them both particularly if Rodgers reverts to 3 at the back. Prob means dropping either Barnes or Maddison though both of whom are far bigger goal threats than either.

34 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He was poor against palace but he only ever gets a single game to perform which is really hard for any player. He deserves a few games now to prove himself. He can’t do any worse than Perez. Give the lad a chance and get behind him. It doesn’t help with everyone comparing him to Vardy every chance he gets. He on to a loser for the get go. Get behind him because we certainly need a striker at the minute and he’s the next best thing we have in the squad. 

...just so long as he is not a Lone Striker!!!

Far too many posters are putting him in the team in that position and expect him to succeed. He needs players ahead of him so he will have a tendency to want to drop deeper than we would want him to.

Barnes would need to be attacking their backline as well as Ünder and Nacho will have to be aware of their movements. 

Never been Iheanachos greatest fan, but I will become one if he stays up top and doesn’t drop back getting in the way of Tielemans & Maddison, just play the number 9 role on the shoulder of the last man, we should have the 2 central midfielders plus Ünder & Barnes giving him passes to run onto, also Ricardo & Justin pushing on as well.....

Just stay in the strikers position like Vardy does, oh but don’t be offside as much as Vardy is... :P

Up the City... :beer:

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Hmmm not sure my post indicated I thought he would be out “knight in shining armour” I agree both are poor replacements but what are we to do unless we play without a recognised striker....

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just so long as he is not a Lone Striker!!!

Far too many posters are putting him in the team in that position and expect him to succeed. He needs players ahead of him so he will have a tendency to want to drop deeper than we would want him to.

Barnes would need to be attacking their backline as well as Ünder and Nacho will have to be aware of their movements. 

I do agree. He needs help. Rodgers must start Barnes and Under today. Playing up top by yourself is hard enough let alone with no support. 

1 hour ago, teblin said:

The issue with both Perez and Kelechi is that they aren’t vardy and never will be.

Perez wasn’t as bad as people are making out on Sunday, he wasn’t good but there were worse players. (Maddison for one)

kelechi has been better when he’s played 2 or 3 games in a row, it’s so difficult to come into a side knowing it doesn’t really matter what happens bards will get in.

We could all do with a few lines of poetry to raise our spirits :)

• Haha 2