Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, but it is all down to Vardy. They way we play has long been to make use of Jamie’s talents. Kel was a bad choice (no idea why we bought him) but to expect a good return by dropping him into what was a Vardy focused team was always going to be a unreasonable ask.

But it’s not though

Vardy fell out of favour under Puel and he even tried Gray as a option as striker 

57 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It was his first season as a premier league striker 

It was Ulloa's too, but he got more than double, as you've pointed out.

All I'm saying is to be patient.  He's a young lad who has spent his entire premier league career as a bit part player.  I'm certain that if he were to have a prolonged run in the team, with the team playing to his strengths as they do for Vardy, then Kels would post some solid numbers.

15 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It was his first season as a premier league striker 

Absolutely and not only that, Pearson played Vardy behind Ulloa. It was only when Ranieri put Vardy at the top and main focus of the attack that he started to become the prolific goalscorer he is today.

In regards to Iheanacho being a poor buy and not knowing why we bought him as some have been saying, I think that is extremely selective recall. I don't remember many on here, including me, that weren't excited about his signing at the time, in fact the worry discussed mostly on here was not his purchase or prospects, but the 50m buy back clause by Man City! He was an exciting prospect at the time and illustrates the risk in buying young players. It was a good buy for the money by our recruitment team that for some unknown reason just hasn't worked out as planned, it happens. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My 78 year old mum calls him: "Itchybollox."

(I do hope that's because she can't pronounce names very well as opposed to giving him a rash...)

🤣🤣 God bless your Gran, from here on in he should be known as Itchybollocks!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When Perez is being picked ahead of you, it's probably a sign that your time here is about over. I think he'll be sold within the next 6 months and a replacement signed, I hope so anyway, we can't rely on Vardy alone upfront for another season.

I think tonight was just one of those games that wouldn’t have suited him. Everton sit quite deep and let us play, it was always going to be that way. It would stifle most strikers, especially with the way we built play.

I think he might get minutes against Leeds which will be much more open and it’ll suit him. 

I wanted it to work for Perez, but Nacho has at least proved in the past (and in particular lately through the Europa league matches) that he can score playing up front on his own. Front three of Barnes Nacho and Under for the next match please. Having two faster wide men will help prevent him from becoming too isolated as well, which has been a real issue in the past.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We know he has it in him. He has scored good goals for us. Plus he can, when on it, hold the ball up well and bring others into it. Give him a go BR. Gobsmacked we didn't see him for the last 15 tonight. 

I confident we would have done if Jonny didn't have to go off, just one of those things.

• Like 1