Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Weird that Perez was preferred to him as back up striker.  Sometimes Rodgers see things in a way I think a bit strange,  most of the time he turns out to be right though.

I would not like to see Vardy rushed back so I hope Iheanacho is centre forward for at least the next game.

He's a jack of all trades and master of none, in Vardys absence that does us fine  he is so so so much more talented than Pérez - hold up play, passing, first touch, finishing. No idea why Ayoze sometimes gets the nod over him to lead the line.  We'd have beaten Leeds with Kel starting.

• Like 4

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's a jack of all trades and master of none, in Vardys absence that does us fine  he is so so so much more talented than Pérez - hold up play, passing, first touch, finishing. No idea why Ayoze sometimes gets the nod over him to lead the line.  We'd have beaten Leeds with Kel starting.

It's was nuts when BR deemed to think Perez was the next in line after Vards to play up top. Kel is a natural striker. Perez is not.

• Like 2

Really positive tonight from Iheanacho and showed all that's good about his game in both goals. Great dart into the box and excellent header to finish it off for the first goal, and a sublime turn and through ball combo in the build up for the second goal. He also put himself about well and pressed from the front which he's sometimes lacking. That will have done him the world of good tonight. Well done Nacho.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Took his goal well, had a hand in the 2nd and kept running all night, has to start against Wolves now... 

Yes he played well but he did not run all night, he was completely exhausted after 65 minutes...if his fitness gets better i am sure it will really help him hold his place.

• Like 1

Was good tonight, pleased for him. I was saying to my dad after Sunday it’s alright saying both Pérez and Ihenacho are shit, which lets be honest for large periods they have been, but at least Ihenacho is an actual striker and plays where a striker should. If Pérez is up front tonight he doesn’t score that goal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure it's "crawling back up his arse" - it's more of a case of credit where credit is due. If you're gonna criticise him when he plays poor you have to give him credit when he plays well? 

The same people will be calling for him to never play for us again when he misses his next sitter