Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

8 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Not sure how accurate some of these figures are as the figure for Barnes is massively understated....and i know that for a fact! 

With the odd exception here and there,those wage figures seem fairly accurate.If you use the Schlupp index where it was widely reported that he signed for £65 G a week.Average going these days.

12 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Can't help thinking there is a bloody good player in there.......... somewhere.

Needs regular game time and perhaps a short term loan to a  championship club, who could play him regularly in the sort of role we would like him to play.

Get him back end of Feb and see how things go.

...where would like to see him play?

Edited by sacreblueits442

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

If by any chance you know Barnes well, I have a very attractive 19yo daughter who’s nuts about him...??

Leave it with me....but he does also have a very attractive GF as you would expect from a 23 year old earning +£2m per year! 

Failing that, i have a good looking 19 yo son who might be interested...but sadly he earns slightly less than +£2m per year...?!?  :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Leave it with me....but he does also have a very attractive GF as you would expect from a 23 year old earning +£2m per year! 

Failing that, i have a good looking 19 yo son who might be interested...but sadly he earns slightly less than +£2m per year...?!?  :D

...you don't look old enough!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

She’s very aware of the, er, current GF!

Happy to leave it with you, until there’s a breakthrough with Harvey, or your son’s prospects improve dramatically! 😉

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2020 at 22:53, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Nacho has had enough chances to shine.Sell him and slimani and get Odsonne Eduardo from Celtic.I’m sure he wouldn’t be more than £35 million.I think he would play well alongside Vards.

Edouard missed plenty of sitters against Dundee today that would leave this forum fuming, seems to be just as low on confidence as Nacho is.

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Edouard missed plenty of sitters against Dundee today that would leave this forum fuming, seems to be just as low on confidence as Nacho is.

I think most of the Celtic team are low on confidence being so far behind Rangers.

But he’s still a sought after striker being looked at by a lot of clubs.

On 30/12/2020 at 06:50, dayday said:

It’s horses for courses he simply cannot play up top on his own, I would sooner play Perez there as he looked a lot better in that role against AEK Athens than Nacho.

The more we play him there on his own the more his confidence will drain.

I don’t see Perez as a striker at all. He hasn’t got the pace to run in behind or the strength to hold the ball up. He did have a short spell playing well up top for Newcastle, but I think we would be better to play Kelechi with Barnes and Under running beyond him.

6 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I don’t see Perez as a striker at all. He hasn’t got the pace to run in behind or the strength to hold the ball up. He did have a short spell playing well up top for Newcastle, but I think we would be better to play Kelechi with Barnes and Under running beyond him.

He’s not the answer but Perez’s all round game is a lot better, I find his link up play and movement is a lot better than Nachos.

• Like 1

0.72 goals and assists per 90 minutes (0.4 - 0.5 is the threshold for a good player imo) of his premier league career. He’s a talented player but he’s just so erratic.

He’s only actually started 42 premier league games but has 21 goals and 13 assists (some as a sub obviously).

Last season in all comps he played 1314 minutes, got 10 goals and 3 assists. He had two goals unfairly chalked off too against Arsenal and Norwich.

The main problem is he’s just not really a lone striker, if for whatever reason we can’t play Vardy we’re probably better of changing formation or playing Iheanacho behind the striker.

It’s a bit bizarre how Gray has been afforded so much time by our fans but for most Iheanacho has been written off despite delivering more. Given our needs it probably makes sense to sell and it’d benefit his career but I expect he’ll do well wherever he ends up 

• Like 2

Time to upgrade. Never been good enough to step in without coming up short. I was a believer he would get to the level required, unfortunately not he doesn’t have it between the ears, not switched on enough  be a top striker.

15 hours ago, dayday said:

He’s not the answer but Perez’s all round game is a lot better, I find his link up play and movement is a lot better than Nachos.

I find he gives the ball away relentlessly - he works hard and can be quite creative, but he is not a good possession player. When Nacho plays well he is a real asset, unfortunately he’s never found any consistency with us and looks low on confidence.

2 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I find he gives the ball away relentlessly - he works hard and can be quite creative, but he is not a good possession player. When Nacho plays well he is a real asset, unfortunately he’s never found any consistency with us and looks low on confidence.

I agree, Perez frustrates when I watch him as he’s so lightweight. He’s a good player but if he could bulk up some more he would be even better. 

1 minute ago, Bob Farley said:

I agree, Perez frustrates when I watch him as he’s so lightweight. He’s a good player but if he could bulk up some more he would be even better. 

Yeah - can’t fault his effort, but like many others he struggles with the physical challenge at the top level

23 hours ago, Stadt said:

0.72 goals and assists per 90 minutes (0.4 - 0.5 is the threshold for a good player imo) of his premier league career. He’s a talented player but he’s just so erratic.

He’s only actually started 42 premier league games but has 21 goals and 13 assists (some as a sub obviously).

Last season in all comps he played 1314 minutes, got 10 goals and 3 assists. He had two goals unfairly chalked off too against Arsenal and Norwich.

The main problem is he’s just not really a lone striker, if for whatever reason we can’t play Vardy we’re probably better of changing formation or playing Iheanacho behind the striker.

It’s a bit bizarre how Gray has been afforded so much time by our fans but for most Iheanacho has been written off despite delivering more. Given our needs it probably makes sense to sell and it’d benefit his career but I expect he’ll do well wherever he ends up 

4 season, 104 apps (Yes I know a lot of them limited), is a decent amount of time. 

Gray price tag was 3.5m, Nacho 25m which is why he gets less slack I suppose. 

• Like 1