Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

From personal experience I can tell you why this could be the worst outcome. i fully ruptured my achilles, i didn’t feel any pain. 

I found this odd and my physio told me it’s because it has fully snapped… like cutting an elastic band. 

The less severe the injury, the worse the pain. Reason being as it’s ripped but still attached for the pain to flow.  If it’s his achilles and he was as calm as he was… i can only imagine that’s fully snapped… which is best case 4 months with an op… and a very slow recovery to get back to full strength 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Ricardo’s Achilles will likely be 6 months before he’s back, could be a season ender for JJ 🤦‍♂️😢

If he has actually snapped it then he’s out for quite a long time but because the season runs into June, it may not quite be the last we see of him in 22/23. Really feel for the lad if it’s bad. 

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let’s wait and see what rodgers says later today 

just hope whatever it is has no more than a six week recovery timescale ….

Would you really trust the timescale that Rodgers puts on it?

Rodgers timescale + an extra 6 weeks might be a better gauge.

22 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Would you really trust the timescale that Rodgers puts on it?

Rodgers timescale + an extra 6 weeks might be a better gauge.

Do we really think Rodger’s puts any timescale on any injury…..sure the team of experts employed by the club do that job….there really is no limit to what the man is responsible for…..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Do we really think Rodger’s puts any timescale on any injury…..sure the team of experts employed by the club do that job….there really is no limit to what the man is responsible for…..

Agree but what comes out of his mouth in the press conferences has not been very believable on many occasions.

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This would make sense. His reaction was that of someone that knew.

The way he sat on the floor with his legs absolutely flat wasn’t a good sign. He was obviously aware that the feeling wasn’t dissimilar 

If there are rumours that it’s an ACL then that’s really grim …..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The way he sat on the floor with his legs absolutely flat wasn’t a good sign. He was obviously aware that the feeling wasn’t dissimilar 

If there are rumours that it’s an ACL then that’s really grim …..

Some reports saying it’s an Achilles rupture but the medic definitely signalled a cross to the bench which is the sign for an ACL.  Hope whatever it is it’s not so serious though - they can still get it wrong even after an MRI. I thought he was getting back to his best recently too. 

If the injury is as serious as some are suggesting on here then unfortunately I think his career at Leicester is done. 

We've had it with Matty James and Ricardo where we've clung on too long hoping for them to come back at a certain level and they just ended up suffering injury after injury. We can't afford to carry injury prone players and not strengthen properly in those positions.

I hope the injury is minor but if it's not we have to face the very real possibility that JJ is probably done as it would be a second serious injury less than a year after recovering from his first. Those kinds of patterns tend to repeat, look at Jack Wilshire, look at Matty James and look at Ricardo. 

• Like 2