Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Unfortunately that's curtains for JJ. He doesn't have the body to cope with the rigours of top flight football. 

Its such a shame as he is clearly a very talented player. 

Fortunately for him Justin will have a slightly more positive outlook than you do. 

Of course it's not the end of his career even someone as injury prone as Matty James managed to continue his into his 30s and has played around 40 games in the last year or so for bristol City. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

One other thing to point out is that after an ACL injury Matty James had 3 years of Achillies problems and this appears to now be happening to Ricardo and JJ. Seems too coincidental not to be linked. 

I think a lot has to do with playing and training on modern pitches, much less give in the surface. 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Fortunately for him Justin will have a slightly more positive outlook than you do. 

Of course it's not the end of his career even someone as injury prone as Matty James managed to continue his into his 30s and has played around 40 games in the last year or so for bristol City. 

But not at the level he was at before and he spent the best part of 5 years with injuries. 3 of them Achillies problems after an ACL just like Ricardo and JJ are now.

I hope JJ has a positive outlook and gets back to the top but I can't see it. 

Just now, Dames said:

But not at the level he was at before and he spent the best part of 5 years with injuries. 3 of them Achillies problems after an ACL just like Ricardo and JJ are now.

I hope JJ has a positive outlook and gets back to the top but I can't see it. 

Matty James is Not technically at the top level but the championship is probably the 7th or 8th best league in europe standard wise so he has in reality got a career at the top level. 

Either way your right though we struggle to see the best of him again. But he could still go on and have a good career. 

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Career destroyed by Butcher Brendan sadly, gutted for him.

Can't blame this one on Rodgers. The initial ACL was unlucky and whilst I agree JJ was overplayed on his return last season which ended up an injury I think he's been managed well this season - We've really only been playing once a week and even had 2 weeks off due to a postponement.

This seems to be as with Ricardo the after effects of suffering an ACL injury. 

So gutted for him. Weird cos he went down knowing something was wrong, but given the injury I thought he'd be in agony. 

I guess that's a priority on what happens in January though in improving the squad. Ricardo won't be fully fit, Castagne is having a great season at RB, and as much as I like Thomas, he isn't good enough (yet) to be the first team regular. 

Desperately sad news for James Justin and for us as fans. I don’t think it is fair or correct to say that he is injury prone or that it will hamper his career going forward. He comes across as very level headed and is clearly an extremely driven person to make it to this level. A large part of getting injuries such as these is just down to pure bad luck. Hopefully he has got that bad luck out of the way now. He will train as hard as he has before in his recuperation and hopefully come back still at a relatively young age better than ever. Can’t wait to see him back in the shirt helping us to win more games. 

We could probably all do with reminding ourselves he's 24 and only had one full season of Football before we signed him.

Zero injuries before he joined us.

I think really it's just a case his body is getting used to the pressure of week in week out football at the top level. Lets not forget he jumped from League 1 to us!

I still fully believe he should have been loaned straight back to Luton and had a 46 game championship season. But we're well past that now and have to take moments like this as bad luck. 

Get him fit for the new season, don't rush him back this term especially if we get a replacement in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So gutted for him. Weird cos he went down knowing something was wrong, but given the injury I thought he'd be in agony. 

I guess that's a priority on what happens in January though in improving the squad. Ricardo won't be fully fit, Castagne is having a great season at RB, and as much as I like Thomas, he isn't good enough (yet) to be the first team regular. 

Ricardo was very similar how he was just sat when he did the same. 

Really unlucky this and you just have to feel sorry for the lad.

Can’t believe some are still blaming Rodgers. Our schedule has been pretty light this season and the league cup is a decent trophy. It wasn’t as it if it was away on a dodgy pitch either. Just bad luck, nothing more 

Get back soon JJ

• Like 3

Awful shame for him but reassuring that it isnt  his knee 

I remember when Chelsea had two Achilles snap within a week or so (lofts cheek and Hudson odoi).  

I expect we could see him back available for the last game or two at the end of may if his recovery goes well. It’s certainly easier to come back in may than November/December. 

if Ricky comes back on schedule then that will give JJ encouragement to put the hard work in - will be tough for him after the ACL ….

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dames said:

One other thing to point out is that after an ACL injury Matty James had 3 years of Achillies problems and this appears to now be happening to Ricardo and JJ. Seems too coincidental not to be linked. 

That's a killer. Both were up there with the finest fullbacks in the league before their injuries, infact Ricky was probably world class. Looks like we'll never see the best of them.

• Like 1