Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

16 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Unfotunately, the Pearson bounce seems to be a distant memory; I cannot see Watford staying up. 1 point from 9, and all games after taking the lead. Defensively Watford are poor, midfield players are not consistent enough and Sarr (an attacking talent) is too frequently injured. NP seemed to  low to change team in second half when it was evident Watford were struggling,

Who finishes above them out of West Ham, Villa and Bournemouth then? Notwithstanding Norwich. 

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

West Ham and Bournemouth have some terrible fixtures left. I can see Pearson doing it, I just hope he doesn't beat us when we play next month.

Its probably the one game I could live with losing given that it's Big Nige :pearson:

Edited by Blue ROI

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We always lose 2-1 at Watford.

I have noticed we've got quite a few away games left that we usually struggle in.

I have been to Watford 5 times. 2012 in the league, and the last 4 years since they came back up to the Prem.

With the exception of the title winning season 1-0 victory, I have seen us lose 2-1 every other game. Ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We always lose 2-1 at Watford.

I have noticed we've got quite a few away games left that we usually struggle in.

Went to Vicarage Road on a freezing Saturday in December 1985. Drove back in a blizzard with my car window jammed down having come off the runners. 

...We lost 2-1.

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have been to Watford 5 times. 2012 in the league, and the last 4 years since they came back up to the Prem.

With the exception of the title winning season 1-0 victory, I have seen us lose 2-1 every other game. Ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

Went to Vicarage Road on a freezing Saturday in December 1985. Drove back in a blizzard with my car window jammed down having come off the runners. 

...We lost 2-1.

I've been to Watford ten times and seen us lose eight of them lol that's the kind of thing that makes me question my own lifestyle.

Of course I was away for the weekend we won 0-3 there with Knockaert. I did go to the Mahrez 0-1 though and to be fair that was special.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been to Watford ten times and seen us lose eight of them lol that's the kind of thing that makes me question my own lifestyle.

Of course I was away for the weekend we won 0-3 there with Knockaert. I did go to the Mahrez 0-1 though and to be fair that was special.

It's almost like the away days in that season don't count.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Of course I was away for the weekend we won 0-3 there with Knockaert.

The one where Wood scored after the Watford goalkeeper hit the ball straight at him and it rebounded into the net (from around edge of the penalty area as I recall). One of the most bizarre goals I have seen

On 07/12/2019 at 00:50, Aus Fox said:

I really don’t get how any Leicester City supporter can even ask this question? The goal of Watford, like Leicester all those seasons ago is to stay in the division this season.

I am willing to bet 20 quid to either The Foxes Foundation or the UFS TiFo fund that he keeps them up this season. Which looking at the current table would be Premier League success.

If you have not already it would be greatly appreciated if of course them money wen't to them. Got a full stand display on the go currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Great evening back at Hillsborough, a stadium that gave me many happy memories. Thanks to @BBCSport for the invite and to @GaryLineker @alanshearer and @MicahRichards for being such a pleasure to work with. Nice to catch up with @Mahrez22 briefly afterwards too. Cheers, Nige.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

On 01/03/2020 at 20:06, Super_horns said:

Typical though!

Has been a bit and miss but had worked well with Sarr and Deeney before.

Pereyra is a good player but lazy.

Re Pereyra that was always my impression but I've been impressed by his improved workrate since Pearson took over.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Re Pereyra that was always my impression but I've been impressed by his improved workrate since Pearson took over.

Did well on Saturday in all fairness.

Seems to play better when the weather is good...well hopefully it will turn soon then!

Pearson has helped improve the form of a lot of players it has to be said - just a shame Sarr and Kiki got injured together and ofcourse now we have another one!

Just need to be consistent - got Palace this week who think we're going to spend all game kicking Zaha so they'll be up for it (the fans at least!)

Edited by Super_horns

• 1 month later...

http://www.nonleagueyorkshire.com/2020/04/17/my-greatest-game-richard-tracey-remembers-the-day-goalkeeper-jimmy-glass-scored-to-keep-carlisle-in-the-football-league/

“People forget Nigel Pearson managed Carlisle that year. I’d only experienced a few managers prior to him. At Sheffield United Howard Kendall involved the young lads a lot, Nigel Spackman not so much. At Rotherham with Ronnie Moore, it was a much smaller squad so everyone was involved. You could with Nigel that there was something about him. His methodology, his organisation. He had an authority that you just respected. He was really quiet and unassuming, but you would never cross him. Not that you saw him angry. You respected him because he had a terrific career. I was gutted when he left at the end of the season because I had signed for him.

This is a good read and Pearson features plenty.

Edited by Tuna