Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

52 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Hope he's still there next season so he can return to the KP and get the reception he deserves. Not a fan of singing about ex players or managers, positively or negatively but Nige is the exception. Would love to hear a chant of 'One Nigel Pearson' from all 4 sides of the ground.

As long as we beat them. Obviously lol

Think that would probably work best at the end of the match

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hadn't seen Nigel Pearson since he'd joined Watford.

Despite having lost painfully at home, he came over to say hello before doing his TV interviews post match.

Lovely smile, 'eh oop lad', very kindly asked how I was etc and then came back 10 minutes later for his radio commitments.

He's a good bloke.

As a minion to the likes of us he comes across as the old school headteacher that you don't dare mess with. If you do then you would be the loser.

However everyone who meets him on s personal level reiterates what you say that he's s genuinely nice bloke IF he liked you....don't think your fellow reporter Ian Stringer will ever get a warm welcome from Big Nige

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 08:24, Stuntman_Mike said:

I genuinely miss the bloke. He wasn't perfect but he got our club back on it's feet and gave us an identity. 

Whilst I love that we're now at another level in league standing, the match day and fan experience was so much better under him, win or lose.

I love Nige and I'm chuffed he appears to be working a bit of magic at Watford, but there were two prolonged spells under him where we were utter rubbish - the 'fan experience' at the back end of 12/13 where we fell off a cliff was hideous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love Nige and I'm chuffed he appears to be working a bit of magic at Watford, but there were two prolonged spells under him where we were utter rubbish - the 'fan experience' at the back end of 12/13 where we fell off a cliff was hideous. 

The fans had delusions of grandeur though, he was right. 

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I dont believe,we were ever  utter rubbish,!!!!  We are Leicester,and we Take the ups und downs,the twist & turns..!!!

A fox might have Needed to scower among the bins,but we always looks out for the better Standard of tit-bits. We had some very bumpyjournies..

How very dare,a real hardened fan,even Dream of letting his fingers Type such Utterings of  such...well errmm  utter rubbish..!!

Football fans, arent clever enough to Hide behind,  'only my opinion'.

I am Not for capital punishment ,but footy could turn me...

It is Sunday,so pillared Plus between game in  the end of your Town stocks,will do..!!!

25 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont believe,we were ever  utter rubbish,!!!!  We are Leicester,and we Take the ups und downs,the twist & turns..!!!

A fox might have Needed to scower among the bins,but we always looks out for the better Standard of tit-bits. We had some very bumpyjournies..

How very dare,a real hardened fan,even Dream of letting his fingers Type such Utterings of  such...well errmm  utter rubbish..!!

Football fans, arent clever enough to Hide behind,  'only my opinion'.

I am Not for capital punishment ,but footy could turn me...

It is Sunday,so pillared Plus between game in  the end of your Town stocks,will do..!!!

People in glass houses...

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love Nige and I'm chuffed he appears to be working a bit of magic at Watford...

Is the magic touch slipping?; two consecutive league losses after taking lead - both to added time winners. (And they let slip a 3-0 advantage v Tranmere in Cup, before losing replay.)

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

nah man that was one of the best times to support us, manager calling the fans out, players giving us the middle finger, fans fighting each other and trying to fight the players all whilst we were actually very close to going up ahah. 

Guest Harrydc

Nigel Pearson doesn't get the respect he deserves from a few people on here. Without him, we wouldn't be where we are now, and I hope he can take Watford to high places. 

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Seems like he is just not keen on talking  to the media in a official capacity like press conferences.

But seems to have a different personality in private or away from the limelight?

I've met him a couple times before our games, mainly away games, and he's great. He always seems to have time for people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Is the magic touch slipping?; two consecutive league losses after taking lead - both to added time winners. (And they let slip a 3-0 advantage v Tranmere in Cup, before losing replay.)

Our defence just cannot defend set plays!

Pearson himself would be more useful trotting on and defending them !

Let in 15 goals from them and also get beaten for pace easily.

in attack we are missing Sarr and Welbeck isn't fit whilst Gray/Success are useless as Pearson found  out yesterday!

Edited by Super_horns

Well sometimes people aren't suited to media interruptions in their lives.

Not all managers can be like Redknapp and dare I say it Holloway ! (Sorry is that name banned here ?!)

So long as they respect the media who are genuine and not just in to wind people up and turn up to interviews as us fans like to hear what is said.

• Like 1

Unfotunately, the Pearson bounce seems to be a distant memory; I cannot see Watford staying up. 1 point from 9, and all games after taking the lead. Defensively Watford are poor, midfield players are not consistent enough and Sarr (an attacking talent) is too frequently injured. NP seemed to  low to change team in second half when it was evident Watford were struggling,

3 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Unfotunately, the Pearson bounce seems to be a distant memory; I cannot see Watford staying up. 1 point from 9, and all games after taking the lead. Defensively Watford are poor, midfield players are not consistent enough and Sarr (an attacking talent) is too frequently injured. NP seemed to  low to change team in second half when it was evident Watford were struggling,

Pearson’s team here always seemed to be on either great runs or terrible ones. With seemingly no rhyme or reason for the change from one too another. I’d be very disinclined to write him off just yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oxford blue said:

He walked into a team that looked dead and buried and couldn't beat our u18 side, they are now 3 points from 15th. Nige will keep them up, I have no doubt about it.

One of the defeats was against Everton, who have strolled up to 7th and 5 or 6 unbeaten now. The Villa defeat was a poor result but that was probably his first poor league result.