Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yes he would ! Created the platform for Claudio to continue on , Claudio even kept his backroom team ! 

The man is 11 wins in his last 15 in the toughest league in Europe ! Give him credit 

without a doubt he would have won the league with us 

"without a doubt" Really? Nothing can be "without a doubt" unless it's proven to be beyond doubt. And there is nothing to prove that he would have won the league with us because there is no evidence to prove it "without a doubt", Had he gone one to win the league with us then yes. But he didn't. Grow up and get over it. We're better off now without him. That's just the way it goes.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Said it many times before... We wouldn't have won the league with him in charge but equally we wouldn't have won it without his previous input.

This is exactly it, but I don't think anyone doubts the work that Nige put in place but he wasn't the man to take us forward. He would have done a good job like he is now at Watford.

Let's not forget that Watford are a decent team and have largely suffered through the absence of Deeney and out of form players. The combination of Pearson getting them fired up and Deeney coming back has really helped them. Hope they stay up and I think they will.

On 06/12/2019 at 14:46, bmt said:

Does everyone genuinely think this is a good appointment? His record after us is poor and we look like the exception rather than the rule, although he was great here.

I've been proven wrong fair play NP

Quite a lifeline for NP in terms of his career. If he didnt succeed at Watford (still time for that) then you wonder where his next club would be. Peobably a big-ish club down on their luck in League One or bottom third of Championship (Sunderland, Ipswich, Stoke, Birmingham etc). 

The other thing is Watford are notoriously known for their high turnover of managers. So even if he does relatively well there, I'd be surprised if he lasts there more than 2 years (January 2022 at best). I wish him well though regardless.

Edited by Koke

bloody love NP and i'm made up that he's had a positive impact there.  

It's probably helped him that there are some absolutely TERRIBLE teams at the bottom of the league, but you can't argue with how he's hit the ground running over there.  I can genuinely see them finishing mid table - At which point they'll probably sack him and appoint some random continental manager.

Edited by Tommo220

53 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

bloody love NP and i'm made up that he's had a positive impact there.  

It's probably helped him that there are some absolutely TERRIBLE teams at the bottom of the league, but you can't argue with how he's hit the ground running over there.  I can genuinely see them finishing mid table - At which point they'll probably sack him and appoint some random continental manager.

Watford were a better team than their position suggested. However, they needed someone like Nigel to get them back to basics and start playing football again. I am sure they will finish a comfortable 14th.

Seems like a very screwed-on individual, who is direct and doesn't take any rubbish; but is also known for building strong relations around him generally.

The article about him doing a History degree during the period where he was in talks with Watford shows that he's willing to try new things and broaden his knowledge his his own interests.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The article about him doing a History degree during the period where he was in talks with Watford shows that he's willing to try new things and broaden his knowledge his his own interests.

Not only that, he was planning an interesting trip in India:

"Pearson also admitted that he has surprised himself with what he has achieved over the past few weeks, by showing how much desire he still has to achieve things as a football manager.

Prior to his appointment, the head coach was planning to drive 9,000 miles across India on a rickshaw, with no expectations of a return to football in his mind.

Now he has returned, he wants to make the most of this unforeseen opportunity and prove some people wrong along the way.

"The one thing that I reflected on is when I wondered whether I had the enthusiasm or the drive or desire to do it and I've been pleasantly surprised that I have, which is good," he said.

"Is it better? I've never been on a rickshaw in India. Well I have, but never in a race. I'm just glad to be back in work, it's nice to find myself in a situation that I didn't think I would do and that is working in the Premier League. I didn't think that would happen again, so I, like the players, have maybe something to prove. Not that that's high on my agenda, I want to enjoy this challenge and see where it takes me. At the moment, it's just working week to week and enjoying doing what I'm doing along with the players and staff."

from Watford Observer

• Like 3

On 14/01/2020 at 20:14, Koke said:

Quite a lifeline for NP in terms of his career. If he didnt succeed at Watford (still time for that) then you wonder where his next club would be. Peobably a big-ish club down on their luck in League One or bottom third of Championship (Sunderland, Ipswich, Stoke, Birmingham etc). 

The other thing is Watford are notoriously known for their high turnover of managers. So even if he does relatively well there, I'd be surprised if he lasts there more than 2 years (January 2022 at best). I wish him well though regardless.

I’m really surprised over the last couple of seasons Sunderland haven’t gone for Pearson. 
In League One now there are some pretty huge clubs Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich as well as Blackpool and Bolton who have played in the Premier League recently.

I really can’t understand why non of them looked at what we achieved and went all out for Nigel and his team.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m really surprised over the last couple of seasons Sunderland haven’t gone for Pearson. 
In League One now there are some pretty huge clubs Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich as well as Blackpool and Bolton who have played in the Premier League recently.

I really can’t understand why non of them looked at what we achieved and went all out for Nigel and his team.

What's more incredible is that when Pearson was linked with Sunderland, their fans were turning their noses up at him lol

On 13/01/2020 at 13:09, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Said it many times before... We wouldn't have won the league with him in charge but equally we wouldn't have won it without his previous input.

We wouldn't even be in the PL without him.

On 14/01/2020 at 00:45, clumsyrob said:

Loved reading this thread chaps. Decent start for us, eh? 

Pleased for Nigel so I'm pleased for you.

I'm pleased because he was written off, even on here now some people somehow look down on him, and it will restore his reputation if he keeps you up.

On 15/01/2020 at 13:26, ScouseFox said:

maybe them weirdos from like 8 years ago were right and we are all just nigel pearson fans not leicester fans 

I genuinely miss the bloke. He wasn't perfect but he got our club back on it's feet and gave us an identity. 

Whilst I love that we're now at another level in league standing, the match day and fan experience was so much better under him, win or lose.

Hope he's still there next season so he can return to the KP and get the reception he deserves. Not a fan of singing about ex players or managers, positively or negatively but Nige is the exception. Would love to hear a chant of 'One Nigel Pearson' from all 4 sides of the ground.

As long as we beat them. Obviously lol