Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

People that don't like him:

Weird blokes that think they know football and judge a manager on what they're like in the media

Joke footballers with shit attitudes like Beckford and Bullard

Dickheads

People that like him:

Almost everybody that's ever worked with him

Knowledgeable football fans

Non-dickheads

Could probably have bracketed them weird football twitter goblins in the first bunch in all before he started doing well at Watford.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Could probably have bracketed them weird football twitter goblins in the first bunch in all before he started doing well at Watford.

Oh yeah, "ostrich man bad". The types that reply to sky sports tweets are almost without fail brain donors

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Schmeical recognises the importance of NP in City's recent success:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18403020.leicester-citys-kasper-schmeichel-talks-depth-working-watford-head-coach-nigel-pearson/

Interview on Peter Crouch podcast - if anyone knows the date, it would be interesting to hear more.

You can hear it here :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08bblch

58 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Schmeical recognises the importance of NP in City's recent success:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18403020.leicester-citys-kasper-schmeichel-talks-depth-working-watford-head-coach-nigel-pearson/

Interview on Peter Crouch podcast - if anyone knows the date, it would be interesting to hear more.

It was his latest podcast, released on Thursday.

I wouldn't call it "recent success" either, I'd call it "the success". We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for Pearson, as a club and as a team.

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1

On 17/04/2020 at 20:46, Stadt said:

People that don't like him:

Weird blokes that think they know football and judge a manager on what they're like in the media

Joke footballers with shit attitudes like Beckford and Bullard

Dickheads

People that like him:

Almost everybody that's ever worked with him

Knowledgeable football fans

Non-dickheads

To argue that Pearson isn’t a good manager is to ignore literally every in depth football article or report ever done on the man, by some of the top football journalists in the country, and to bat off every account given by some of the best and most loyal footballers to come through the club (at least in most cases since O’Neil) in favour of footballers who had attitudes that set them at League One  as a ceiling, Championship at a push. 

To get to the opinion he’s not one of our best ever managers is basically reading no football-based media and going off a couple social media posts and Sun excerpts. I’m usually of the opinion that football is highly subjective at the best of times but all of the evidence objectively says that anyone who says he’s sh!t is a mind-numbed, Sportsbible-following, prawn sandwich-eating fvcking moron.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 4

After all this time I'm still confused by why so much fuss was made of his ostrich comment. It's been a well known and well used phrase for as long as I can remember and the subject of many a cartoon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The press were just gunning for him because he didn't like them. I really hate the football tabloid press to be honest, they're up there with agents as the biggest cancer in the game. 

Pearson sees them for what they are and treats them with the contempt they're due and they respond in kind by proving his point and turning in to a lynch mob. 

The biggest irony in football over the last few years is when they labelled him a bully, it was hilarious. There's a room full of journalists poking and prodding, hidden behind THEIR cameras whilst all ganging up on this one guy trying to make him snap for entertainment and THEY called HIM a bully. It was amazing. 

Yet people like Redknapp are written about as great honest hardworking blokes, all while having money laundered in dodgy off shore accounts - allegedly

**** the press & the media.

Edited by davieG
allegedly added for forum safety.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, davieG said:

After all this time I'm still confused by why so much fuss was made of his ostrich comment. It's been a well known and well used phrase for as long as I can remember and the subject of many a cartoon.

I'm guilty of criticising managers myself about their conduct but it should be taken into account that these interviews are done in the aftermath of an emotional game, an important game and emotions are flying. How many of us on here have snapped at a pivotal moment in a game but 24 hours later have calmed down and reasoned with it? 

As proved, Pearson apologised within a day, acknowledged his behaviour was wrong and the journalist accepted it. But others, as Geoff has said, wanted to carry it on. If Pearson had his time again, I doubt he'd do it that way.

All this stuff about him being a bully is utter nonsense, though. Virtually all players who've played under him speak about his management style being firm but fair, local journalists seem to have no problem with him. Klopp seems to be adored by the press yet look at his conduct quite often- far worse than Pearson's.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm guilty of criticising managers myself about their conduct but it should be taken into account that these interviews are done in the aftermath of an emotional game, an important game and emotions are flying. How many of us on here have snapped at a pivotal moment in a game but 24 hours later have calmed down and reasoned with it? 

As proved, Pearson apologised within a day, acknowledged his behaviour was wrong and the journalist accepted it. But others, as Geoff has said, wanted to carry it on. If Pearson had his time again, I doubt he'd do it that way.

All this stuff about him being a bully is utter nonsense, though. Virtually all players who've played under him speak about his management style being firm but fair, local journalists seem to have no problem with him. Klopp seems to be adored by the press yet look at his conduct quite often- far worse than Pearson's.

I understand that the press might have a go at him for losing control it was just the attention to the ostrich as if he was the first one that had thought of it and it was the ultimate insult. It's just a figurative phase for ignoring or being oblivious to something. I think he even clarified it by asking him where he'd been all this time.

The mocking and criticism seemed to be all about his use of Ostrich rather than him losing it.

Anyway still confused.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sacked apparently?

Mail

Watford manager Nigel Pearson says he has 'an agreement' with the club over his future but there is a growing belief he will not be in charge next season.

A poll on Watford Observer website shows 85% against this decision. It is difficult to comprehend the removal of their third manager within a season, particularly as Watford are clear of bottom three.I can see Watford going down, struggling to find a new talented manager (given he will know he has half a season at most unless Watford are in top 6).

Even if Watford had been relegated, I doubt there would be a better management team than Pearson and Shakespeare. - who would have had support of Watford fans. The owners risk losing support of their fans with their short sighted approach.

He has/had the highest win percentage rate than the other previous managers they've hired in recent seasons.

Really, what more can they ask for?

If Pearson's sacked because he failed to guide them up to where Newcastle and Southampton are, why didn't the clubs' owners invest more into the playing squad?

If Elton John was still there, he'd be having none of this.

There are rumours he’s planted Adam Masina after Friday nights game.

Could well be bollocks but if true fair decision. 

Normally I’d be skeptical but since his appointment they’ve outperformed us Newcastle and West Ham and dug themselves out of a utterly hopeless situation, surely got to be something in this even if it’s not that.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

36 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There are rumours he’s planted Adam Masina after Friday nights game.

Could we’ll be bollocks but if true fair decision. 

Normally I’d be skeptical but since his appointment they’ve outperformed us Newcastle and West Ham and dug themselves out of a utterly hopeless situation, surely got to be something in this even if it’s not that.

A few on the Watford forum were saying he was sacked because he didn’t punch enough of them lol 

• Haha 4