Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

22 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

You're deluded

For what?

Because I think we were the better side against Aston villa.

For me to be deluded I would have to suggest something outlandish.

You can have your opinion that's fine.

BUT don't start name calling because people don't think like you.

3 hours ago, jon1bc said:

It doesn't work like that mate. 

Of course it doesn’t. So why are you going on about us being “lucky” or looking “vulnerable” as if they had somehow managed to score, we were somehow barred by the Laws if the Game from responding in kind.

Edited by NaijaFox

16 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We have been on a superb run and let's remember it was a draw. We are still unbeaten at home this season and have lost 2 out of 17 in the league. 

Brendan got it wrong for me. I don't think Gray was the right man either to come on when he did. Should have sat back down when 1-1 and then at half time Barnes and Perez on for Praet and Nacho. The former had a poor game especially with his refusal to kick the ball back. I think the gaffer would have given him some strong words on that. 

In summary, it was a week where many didn't perform. But not the end of the world. We are a way off Liverpool yet, like everyone else this year. Let's step it up now and get in that league cup semi final draw mid week.

Respectfully disagree.

Though I would have had no issues with handing possession to Norwich, it’s nonetheless necessary to point out that they did not actually have possession and then decided to kick the ball out of touch (to allow for ‘treatment’ of their player). Rather, the ball went out following Pukki’s full-blooded challenge with Ricardo (perhaps Pukki flew in with rage to kick the ball out). Pertinent point however is that Norwich did not CONCEDE possession and thus do not necessarily deserve ‘by rights’ to have possession returned to them.

We got the point we deserved and so did norwich.  We were poor... too many 5s not enough 7s.

Low energy in first half  from us.  Better in second half but not enough chances created.

Ndidi..chaglar and your were our best.

Goid that brendan adjusted things.

The worst thing was that I fear barnes confidence us ebbing with every muffled attack. 

We must learn.. and do better... esp in out next few games. Let's take this lesson and sort it.

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Respectfully disagree.

Though I would have had no issues with handing possession to Norwich, it’s nonetheless necessary to point out that they did not actually have possession and then decided to kick the ball out of touch (to allow for ‘treatment’ of their player). Rather, the ball went out following Pukki’s full-blooded challenge with Ricardo (perhaps Pukki flew in with rage to kick the ball out). Pertinent point however is that Norwich did not CONCEDE possession and thus do not necessarily deserve ‘by rights’ to have possession returned to them.

I need to review that ......my memory was that they played the ball out to allow their player to be treated ....... tbh, the ref should have discussed the situation with the players involved with the throw to see what was agreed to happen .....Ricardo and madders both indicated to Kel to play the ball to Krul but he clearly wasn’t aware what was happening .... your argument that they played the ball out to allow their player to be treated holds some water but the generally accepted scenario is that we give them the ball back 

23 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Wolves spurs draw Utd and Man City lose then today will be a good point towards next season champs league 😬

Exactly this,

we have not lost andevery team can go through a bad spell and if ours is today, next week and Boxing Day then fine. All is good and we should be appreciating the run and league position we are in. We will make champions league no doubt and we will continue to build and strengthen for the coming season.

keep the faith people

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I need to review that ......my memory was that they played the ball out to allow their player to be treated ....... tbh, the ref should have discussed the situation with the players involved with the throw to see what was agreed to happen .....Ricardo and madders both indicated to Kel to play the ball to Krul but he clearly wasn’t aware what was happening .... your argument that they played the ball out to allow their player to be treated holds some water but the generally accepted scenario is that we give them the ball back

Like I said in my post, would have had no issues with handing them possession, but the “generally accepted scenario” is that you RETURN possession when it has been voluntarily CONCEDED. Anyway, it’s not really a big deal, except that the reaction of several of the Canaries was way OTT.

30 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Respectfully disagree.

You’ve said this twice and if you are right fair enough. 

However as I remember it Ricardo and Pukki go into  a 50/50 the ball then falls to a Norwich player (Cantwell?) who has a break on, he looks forward looks then back asses the situation then voluntarily kicks it out as three players are down. So as I remember it they do deserve the ball back.

I can’t see how you are right though, I doubt a full football team would go nuts and an experienced manager would condemn his own player if things went as you claim. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I thought Norwich were excellent. At times they had the box loaded and I thought that would mean they'd be caught on the counter but they seemed to fall back into shape very quickly. 

I thought Cags was a liability today, Pukki had him in all sorts of bother. 

• Like 3