Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

Actually think he would be a good signing for us but can't see it happening. I know it is probably all media and agent talk but if there is a bidding war going on now, then what sort of money will they be asking in the summer, especially if hew gets a few games under his belt?

Actually Juve are being well savvy, and I suspect, even if the player himself wants away, they will hold out for a massive bid just like we did with HM. If that is the case I suspect that Rudders and Top have a ceiling price and will simply walk away.

A loan with option to buy might just be the ticket to seal the deal though, that way Juve gets his wages paid, and if he does well they can either recall him or get top price in the summer. From our point of view, we can put a high value on him, with first dibs option at the previously agreed price and willingly pay it if he works out for us, or simply send him back if not. Win-win.

34 minutes ago, DiSanto7 said:

LoL same juve fans said nothing to De Ligt for his 4485484848 horrible mistakes per game. Because of De Ligt  juventus almost lose napoli game from 3-0 lead

he make so many funny mistakes,gave penalties away ıf merih did this things juve fans would execute him. There is double standard  hypocrisy from juventus fans.

because they paid 85 m € for De Ligt they said he is young he can learn we should show patience to him. Merih is young too but ım sure ıf he make a mistake then they will said bad things about him

Merih is great player and he is still young and unfinished product he will ımprove his abilities.

Juventus fans dont know anything they should worry about De Ligt and Bonucci first. De Ligt error prone and he have superstar manager and PR machine behind him he isnt even worth for 40 m € let alone 85 m €

Bonucci ''Experienced'' player but in games Merih covered his area and his mistakes so many times ıf you watch the games you can see this

Merih is 11 years younger than Bonucci btw but playing more good than him. And being good on the ball doesnt mean they are good defenders but people confuse this so many times.

Anyway Im Turkish and Galatasaray fan but after Caglar playing regularly for Leicester ı start watching your games and after that ı love this club

because Leicester playing positive football, Leicester are so enjoyable to watch  and from outside this club looks like a family. Thats why ı love this club.

Demiral would be a great signing for Leicester ı hope this transfer will become true.

And there are rumours for Hakan Calhanoglu from Milan ımo he isnt good player  he can be only back up at best

My english not so good ı hope yall can understand what ı mean.

de Ligt got 4 handball deflections in the box, those were his penalties. The only penalty Demiral conceded was a product of rashness and mostly his fault, unlike de Ligt. Whilst he did play awfully vs Napoli, that was because he got injured and couldn't be subbed off. And since then de Ligt has largely been very good. So I don't see why you have a problem with him. de Ligt is also, as you say, very young and has plenty of time to improve.

Besides, most of the Juventus fans I've spoken to have said they wouldn't sell Demiral for less than 50 million at least, they clearly rate him well.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What the fcuk are Juve doing playing on a Monday afternoon, have they got the Italian equivalent of a bank holiday?

Yeah Italian bank holiday called Epiphany, something to do with the 3 wise men

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah Italian bank holiday called Epiphany, something to do with the 3 wise men

It’s the same in Spain, Festival of the Kings.  Kids get a second lot of presents in 12 days 😱.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He started again for Juventus today, his 5th start in a row, in a stacked team. 

Can't see this one happening I'm afraid.

Juve.png.ee2ddc81ff2c3de8113e0e81630f1909.png

Ah crap. Cheeky bid for that De Ligt kid? Seem he isn`t playing much... :ph34r:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He started again for Juventus today, his 5th start in a row, in a stacked team. 

Can't see this one happening I'm afraid.

Juve.png.ee2ddc81ff2c3de8113e0e81630f1909.png

To be fair Chiellini is out for pretty much the rest of the season and De Ligt hasn’t played since he dislocated his shoulder at the start of December

That would leave Demiral and Rugani, and as they don’t really trust Rugani anymore Demiral is pretty much the only other choice to play

Which also raises the issue that if they sold Demiral, they would only really have Rugani to cover De Ligt and Bonucci unless they sign someone, so to be honest I do think it will be a struggle to get him in

Could always be a smokescreen, seen it all before with LCFC, especially when the manager comes out and says he rates Demiral, it diverts attention from a potential main target...

But if he is that player, him playing today does not completely rule out a sale. Slimani played for Sporting 72 hours before he was in a City shirt etc.

Juve love a quick profit (what the Italians call a plusvalenza), and there will be a price they will do business at.

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Begs the question why we are trying to buy/loan a CB from one of Europe’s top sides that only have three fit ones ...... (assuming the above posts are true)

Are demiral’s people using us to get him an improved contract at juve ????

I think Demiral wanted to leave as wasn't playing ala Hudson-Odoi but if he now does indeed play then we've no chance.

Surely we need a swift resolution either way to this. We are on injury away from a major problem in central defence. A problem which could theoretically threaten a top 4 finish. The potential loss in both money and players needs to be set against the potential cost of getting this guy in, if we are indeed interested.

If there is no chance then we need to move on to the next target asap.

• Like 1

Not often you learn anything listening to the Football Forum with Strings & Pipes, but we did today. I didn’t make a note of the Italian journalists name, but she spoke very knowledgeably and this won’t be happening. He’s very, very highly rated in Turin.

On the other hand, they’d be happy to push Rugani our way...

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Not often you learn anything listening to the Football Forum with Strings & Pipes, but we did today. I didn’t make a note of the Italian journalists name, but she spoke very knowledgeably and this won’t be happening. He’s very, very highly rated in Turin.

On the other hand, they’d be happy to push Rugani our way...

Mina Rzouki. She does a few things for radio, like World Football Forum where she's known as the Colonel for her love of KFC.

If this Maguire money is still burning a hole in our pocket we might have enough to get him off them, they'll still be open to business and having Soyuncu will probably help our cause but yeah, very long shot. Proper player and only 21 years old

• Thanks 1

Demiral non si tocca.

Played an excellent game today, yet again. There is no chance Juve are letting him go for €40-50m. €70m might open talks but most Juve supporters rate him already  as the best defender they have and most importantly; Sarri is in love with him. He is the future of Juve, the new Chiellini.

29 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Mina Rzouki. She does a few things for radio, like World Football Forum where she's known as the Colonel for her love of KFC.

If this Maguire money is still burning a hole in our pocket we might have enough to get him off them, they'll still be open to business and having Soyuncu will probably help our cause but yeah, very long shot. Proper player and only 21 years old

Surely all spent on last summer’s signings

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Surely all spent on last summer’s signings

Could've been, I wouldn't know our accounts close enough. Weren't there fairly firm bids for Tarkowski and/or Ake right after we'd sold Maguire?

Also does anyone know the deal with FFP and healthily growing our wage kitty? I know it can be incrementally increased a percentage over a number of seasons but it seemed alot tighter under Puel in regards to buying players when it seemed we had a raft of dead weights like Adrien & Slimani kicking about and all we could add was Ghezzal even when we'd just sold Mahrez. Reason I mention it is because selling Maguire also meant we dropped off a big wage and if we're under a certain number because of that sale it could slightly hinder growth in future seasons if our future wage constraints then are tied to our current expenditure. Could be a load codswallop

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If we really want him we should have sorted it last month. After Saturday's injuries we have now put 10/15m on top of any asking price.

True enough, but it’s a hindsight revelation, not something that could be predicted..........well maybe Benkovic could have been...:unsure:

14 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Could've been, I wouldn't know our accounts close enough. Weren't there fairly firm bids for Tarkowski and/or Ake right after we'd sold Maguire?

Also does anyone know the deal with FFP and healthily growing our wage kitty? I know it can be incrementally increased a percentage over a number of seasons but it seemed alot tighter under Puel in regards to buying players when it seemed we had a raft of dead weights like Adrien & Slimani kicking about and all we could add was Ghezzal even when we'd just sold Mahrez. Reason I mention it is because selling Maguire also meant we dropped off a big wage and if we're under a certain number because of that sale it could slightly hinder growth in future seasons if our future wage constraints then are tied to our current expenditure. Could be a load codswallop

I'm sure they removed the FFP rule for wage increases this season.

• Like 1