Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Man City (A) pre match

Drawing MC onto you hoping to counter isn’t sensible, they’re still IMO the most dangerous attacking side in the world. If we match them man for man we can expose their defence, attack them as often as possible and be direct. Treat them like we’d treat a bottom half team. 

• Like 1

Man United dismantled them by beating their press, but it would be naive to think that Pep wouldn't have considered it for the Leicester game, knowing how dangerous we are on the counter. That said, a lot of pressure is on Man City to get a result in this and they certainly don't have a stable centre back pairing at the moment. A lot of focus has to go on controlling KDB and Sterling - the former usually having an absolute field day against us. The spirit of the 15/16 team will hopefully be back to give us the boost we need and it certainly isn't too far removed that we could get a result here. So excited for it!

Man City have already lost twice at home this season, so perhaps their confidence is not what it was. And their fans are pretty awful when things aren’t going well.

We are good enough to avoid defeat, definitely, but we’ll have to be ruthless in both areas. No stupid penalties conceded and no easy chances fluffed, which eliminates Albrighton and Barnes respectively from the starting XI. Can’t afford passengers in this one.

If we perform as we can, I reckon we can take something from this, though I’d happily trade defeat here for a home win v Liverpool.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think we will lose this one narrowly but get something from Liverpool. I think Pep will get into his players ahead of this game and Man City will see this as a statement game. They know the league has gone but whereas finishing second to a relentless Liverpool is understandable, finishing behind us would be poor given the embarrassment of riches they have. 

I’m glad Tielemans was rested against Everton as he’s our key player in this one. Last season we started well but they gradually overwhelmed us and the outball disappeared. KDB is the best midfielder in the division but we need to be brave enough to keep passing the ball ourselves to play out from the press. If we do so we’ve always got the counter on through Vardy. 

The amount of "statement games" Man City have bottled this season is notable tbf. Although I agree in general.

This is probably the hardest game to predict. It is certainly winnable if we can contain KDB and Sterling and take the game to them but by the same token we could get a hammering. I think it will be a hard watch as undoubtedly we will find ourselves having to soak up long periods of pressure at some point. Hopefully cags and Johnny will have their measure and we can keep them out. We should keepour p[ressing game going and there is every chance that Vardy will get in at some point as their defence can be a little suspect. The key to this really will be the midfield battle I suspect and we will need everyone to be on top of their game.

All depends on how we cope with their press. We struggled to play out against Norwich (but wrong formation at start of game), and in the second half against Everton last night. As others have said, the answer might be to look for Vardy in behind.

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Drawing MC onto you hoping to counter isn’t sensible, they’re still IMO the most dangerous attacking side in the world. If we match them man for man we can expose their defence, attack them as often as possible and be direct. Treat them like we’d treat a bottom half team. 

You mean like United did a couple of weeks ago and were unfortunate to not be 3 or 4 up at half time?

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Pretty much every team that has got something from Man City this season has sat back and counter for at least part of the game, including Liverpool. I hope we revert to type on this tbh, old skool Route 1. Vardy will kill Fernandinho and Otamendi.

Pep rages when it happens aswell. 

"They play the long ball. But that's fine. So fine. I'm happy. So happy. You wouldn't believe"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Pretty much every team that has got something from Man City this season has sat back and counter for at least part of the game, including Liverpool. I hope we revert to type on this tbh, old skool Route 1. Vardy will kill Fernandinho and Otamendi.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep put Walker in at centre back.

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

You mean like United did a couple of weeks ago and were unfortunate to not be 3 or 4 up at half time?

That’s a one off example lol most teams sitting back hoping for counter attack opportunities against KDB and co will be fortunate not to be 3 or 4 down at half time. 

• Like 1